Author Topic: O:M II 15th Anniversary Tour Summer-Fall 2021  (Read 296 times)

Operation:Queensryche

• Admin
    • View Profile
O:M II 15th Anniversary Tour Summer-Fall 2021
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:21:43 PM »
Never saw this coming, but apparently the word's out (courtesy of Seattle radio station KISW) that four of Queensryche's original members (Jackson, Rockenfield, Tate, and Wilton) will be reuniting with guitarist Mike Stone to perform Operation: Mindcrime II in its entirety to celebrate the album's 15th anniversary.

But there's more....

For this tour, they'll be performing O:M II first, followed by the real O:M. for a second set--- with Chris DeGarmo taking over for Stone as the "encore". No opening act.

Dates and ticket info. will be announced on Sun. 4/4/21 at 9:28 a.m. PT, according to KISW jock BJ Shea. The entire tour will consist of socially distanced seating (hopefully with no pods...).

Like I've stated before on this site, everyone in rock and roll has a price. Two lineups of Queensryche finally gave theirs--- and evidently got it.

I was only off by a year. It was inevitable I'm guessing.

It'll be interesting to see what Grillo, La Torre and Lundgren have to say on this. Not too happy I imagine.

Your thoughts?

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: O:M II 15th Anniversary Tour Summer-Fall 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 05:13:09 PM »
Thats a funny but bad April Fools joke. Trying to give me nightmares on a work night dude  ;D :o
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 08:08:06 AM »
Don't give them ideas!
Owner of the Queensr├┐che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Shando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 04:49:34 PM »
I'm a little late to the party and almost had a heart attack. Well done!  ;D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 08:41:15 AM »
Hahaha. Well, at least if they ever started with O:M II first, they could end the night on a high note.  ;D

That O:M I and II tour was a real "successful failure" wasn't it.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 05:20:57 PM »
Hahaha. Well, at least if they ever started with O:M II first, they could end the night on a high note.  ;D

That O:M I and II tour was a real "successful failure" wasn't it.

I saw multiple shows on that tour. Pretty weird events for sure. The first half of the show was great, the second half certainly left a lot to be desired. I remember people nodding off, standing arms crossed and bored or disinterested (except for a few peak songs), some in the crowd thinned out and either went to the bar or left. All energy was sapped during that second set performing Mindcrime II. Since that was the quote unquote sequel to the story, they really couldn't do them in reversed order I guess, but hell it's just a record of songs. If it were me I would have absolutely done them in reverse order, especially after a few shows into the tour and seeing the crowd reaction (or lack thereof) for the second set. 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)