Author Topic: 2020 Rockers We Lost (deaths in the world of Rock and Roll)  (Read 2907 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Rockers We Lost (deaths in the world of Rock and Roll)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »
Yeah the rumors were swirling regarding Eddies health after the planned and then scrapped reunion including Michael Anthony for a stadium tour last summer. Now we know why. My foundation years of getting heavily into music were probably the years between 1980 and 1990 (age 13 to 22) and Van Halen and Eddie Van Halen were a force to reckoned with during those years for sure.

Other deaths in rock and roll over the last few months have included the following,

Pete Way: Best known as the founding bassist in one of my favorite bands UFO. Also Waysted, and he played on tour with Ozzy and released solo efforts. Pete passed away on August 16, 2020 at age 69.

Frankie Banali: Founding drummer of Quiet Riot, who also played with WASP, lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer also on August 20, 2020 at age 68.

Steve Holland founding guitarist and part of the Molly Hatchet triple guitar attack of the original lineup passed away on August 2, 2020 of Pneumonia following COVID 19 infection.

Jack Sherman Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist who played on their debut album passed away on August 18, 2020 of a heart attack.

Ronald Bell co-founding member of Kool and the Gang died on September 9, 2020 at age 68.

Lee Kerslake (drummer) long time classic lineup member of Uriah Heep and Ozzy Osbourne drummer on Ozzy's first few solo album classics Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman died on Sept 19, 2020 at age 73 after a battle with Prostate cancer.

Tommy DeVito of the original Four Seasons with Frankie Valli died on Sept 20, 2020 at age 92 of Covid 19

Mac Davis died on Sept 29, 2020 at age 78 after complications from heart surgery.

Helen Reddy died on Sept 29, 2020 at age 78

Johnny Nash of "I can see clearly now" fame died on Oct 6, 2020 of natural causes at age 80.

Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Operation:Queensryche

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2020, 06:31:22 PM »
Sadly, the rock world lost Ken Hensley, keyboardist extraordinaire of Uriah Heep yesterday (11/4/20) at 75 years of age. A monster musician indeed, right up there with Jon Lord and Keith Emerson without question.

R.I.P. Mr. Hensley.  :'(

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »
Wow 2 Heep members gone in 2020  Lee Kerslake and Ken Hensley.
Excellent musicians they will be missed.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
Ken Hensley was awesome, loved his work with Uriah Heep and his solo output had some awesome stuff too. I'll try and post some of his solo stuff up when I get a chance. One album of note was Proud words on a dusty shelf, which I brlieve was released in 1973. He released a pretty extensive solo catalog. Worth checking out. Mick Box is the last man standing now of the classic Heep lineup  :(
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)