Author Topic: Operation Mindcrime 2017-2018 Tour Dates and Footage  (Read 7848 times)

livgrnfan

• View Profile
Re: Operation Mindcrime 2017-2018 Tour Dates and Footage
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2018, 01:29:29 PM »
Geoff hits some highs in this version.

https://youtu.be/GY43zWo91E4

After the guitar solo a few surprises...

https://youtu.be/0H_IB-cSgMY

Welcome aboard, MrDeris  8). Enjoy the forum.

I personally think that second link (radio station full band acoustic performance of Eyes of a Stranger) is damn near flawless and is impeccable all things considered (age, his vocal struggles over recent years). I enjoyed that one very much. You can't deny the recent improvements and effort. It's nice to see, he's obviously in the later years of his career and this may perhaps be his last vocal quality resurgence. I just enjoy the good clips when they happen at this point.

That Eyes of a Stranger video is basically exactly like how he sings it during the full band shows since those shows he did with the Brazilian hired guns last year.  It definitely sounds more impressive as an acoustic song, and is much better than he was a few years ago.  Hopefully this lineup and situation will motivate him to stay focused on a solo/nostalgia career away from the current Queensryche lineup (except for the very unlikely event that the upcoming Queensryche album is a dud).

livgrnfan

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »
Oh, and welcome to MrDeris!

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »
I saw the Tempe show on Friday night (8/3) and had a good time. Without question, this show was much better than the 25th O:m anniversary tour in 2013.

Tate seems to be in a better place today, and no doubt his current band is motivating him to perform better. Guitarist Kieran Robertson alone is a bundle of energy onstage, and also did double duty with 'Til Death Do Us Part.

Actually, I think three of Tate's band members backed up Emily. They're not bad, they just sound like they've been listening to too much Evanescence. Emily has CLEARLY taken some pointers from Amy Lee, which is understandable.

I met Geoff a couple of hours before showtime. I noticed that his crew really hustles to get things done in a timely fashion. Surprisingly, all four bands on the bill hit the stage at their designated times. Pretty rare for a club show, much less on a Friday night.

Each act played 30 minutes, with Tate onstage for 90 minutes--- from 9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. His tour manager Giavanna deserves the credit for running such a tight ship. Geoff is fortunate to have her on the crew.

Overall, I'll give the O:m 30 tour three out of five stars.  :)

livgrnfan

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2018, 02:39:19 AM »
Tate seems to be in a better place today, and no doubt his current band is motivating him to perform better.

No doubt.  I'm curious if you care to share.  The Marquee Theater is said to hold 2500 people.  How many people do you think came to this concert?

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »
Tate seems to be in a better place today, and no doubt his current band is motivating him to perform better.

No doubt.  I'm curious if you care to share.  The Marquee Theater is said to hold 2500 people.  How many people do you think came to this concert?

I'd say between 500 and 600 turned up, if I had to guess. The Marquee likely only made 1000 tickets available anyway, at most. Truth be told, this place has RARELY made all 2500 tickets available to ANY of their shows.

I can count on one hand how many times that's happened per year since they renovated a few years back. That's being kind, mind you. Thanks for asking livgrnfan, good to see you chime in.  8)

livgrnfan

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »
I'd say between 500 and 600 turned up, if I had to guess. The Marquee likely only made 1000 tickets available anyway, at most. Truth be told, this place has RARELY made all 2500 tickets available to ANY of their shows.

I can count on one hand how many times that's happened per year since they renovated a few years back. That's being kind, mind you. Thanks for asking livgrnfan, good to see you chime in.  8)

Thank you for answering!  This forum is still my favorite place to discuss the Ryche (and other music in general).  The turnout you mentioned really seems to show the power of name branding.  Even though these performances are universally regarded as better than Tate's 25th Mindcrime Anniversary shows with the Queensryche moniker, I still heard about those shows getting over 1000 people there.  Hell, they even played the Moore back in 2013 whereas now they have to settle for the barely-above-half-its-capacity Neptune Theater.

I'm also really surprised to hear about how the Marquee handles ticketing.  I figured if they had room for 2500 people, they would be able to consistently book the right mid-size acts for shows that could sell them out (like Priest or Tesla or Greta van Fleet right now before their inevitable arena ascent).  I guess they just can't make enough guarantees to do that consistently.

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2018, 05:43:52 PM »

Thank you for answering!  This forum is still my favorite place to discuss the Ryche (and other music in general).  The turnout you mentioned really seems to show the power of name branding. 

Even though these performances are universally regarded as better than Tate's 25th Mindcrime Anniversary shows with the Queensryche moniker, I still heard about those shows getting over 1000 people there. 

Hell, they even played the Moore back in 2013 whereas now they have to settle for the barely-above-half-its-capacity Neptune Theater.

I'm also really surprised to hear about how the Marquee handles ticketing.  I figured if they had room for 2500 people, they would be able to consistently book the right mid-size acts for shows that could sell them out (like Priest or Tesla or Greta van Fleet right now before their inevitable arena ascent).  I guess they just can't make enough guarantees to do that consistently.

To clarify livgrnfan, the Marquee is mostly a standing-room-only venue, with only occasional reserved seating shows. It's probably too small for Priest (or at least their egos... ;D), although I agree Tesla could play there and pull in about 1000 to 1200 people.

You're right that the Marquee is probably unable to make the artists' guarantees in some cases. Good point.  :)

Funny enough, Greta Van Fleet are playing two nights there. So yes, they're likely making all 2500 tickets available for each show. They've proven to be the exception for Marquee's summer touring season.  :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2018, 01:35:05 PM »

Glad you hear you had a good time at the show, O:Q! If Tate were to ever come to my neck of the woods again, I'd likely check the show out, even if my expectations would be understandably lowered.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »

Glad you hear you had a good time at the show, O:Q! If Tate were to ever come to my neck of the woods again, I'd likely check the show out, even if my expectations would be understandably lowered.

Yes, Tate's past three tours ( The Key (2016), The Whole Story (2017), and O:m 30 (2018) ) were all pretty solid overall.

Each tour improved over the previous one, with better musicians aboard each time. I think Geoff just wants to perform and put the past behind him as much as possible. I think you'd enjoy the current tour as well.

I feel the exact same way I felt six years ago after the split. When it comes to playing live, I support both Tate as a solo artist and the current Queensryche lineup.

Having said that, no matter which one people prefer, both entities will ALWAYS have to play what the original Queensryche created. Rightly or wrongly.  8)

Thanks for chiming in Rock:)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2018, 02:59:33 AM »
Geoff hits some highs in this version.

https://youtu.be/GY43zWo91E4

After the guitar solo a few surprises...

https://youtu.be/0H_IB-cSgMY

Welcome aboard, MrDeris  8). Enjoy the forum.

I personally think that second link (radio station full band acoustic performance of Eyes of a Stranger) is damn near flawless and is impeccable all things considered (age, his vocal struggles over recent years). I enjoyed that one very much. You can't deny the recent improvements and effort. It's nice to see, he's obviously in the later years of his career and this may perhaps be his last vocal quality resurgence. I just enjoy the good clips when they happen at this point.

I appreciate the warm welcome !!!

June 30th 2018. Geoff Tate brings Dallas the 30th anniversary of the Operation: Mindcrime tour Full Show . Missing Needle Lies and Encore

https://youtu.be/vygPXdwIzuU

That Dallas footage was pretty good, pretty decent quality.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:11:16 AM by Eye9 »

mrderis

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
Thanks again for the warm welcome! Geoff's voice seems to be holding his show schedule and he continues to hit some high notes.

Needle Lies CANYON CLUB 8/17/2018

https://youtu.be/k0VHMaXV_SY

Lucidity

• Visualize your dream!
    • View Profile

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2018, 03:18:56 PM »
Sellersville Theatre, Sellersville, PA June 13, 2018
Operation Mindcrime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5eCSWa_ho
Empire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgoXC_Y2TTI
I don't believe in love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dBKCfRBYg
Jet City Woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTyuE-epiA
Silent Lucidity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAKa_H20RYc
Suite Sister Mary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeSM1o3d1ho

That drummer still sucks big time.

I think that dude got lost on his way to the 1987 Whitesnake auditions, how he turned up on this tour is still a mystery  8)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
Upcoming US dates:

Jun. 07 - Lancaster, PA - The Chameleon
Jun. 08 - Findlay, OH - All American Rock House
Jun. 09 - Fond du Lac, WI - Lakeside Park
Jun. 10 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
Jun. 12 - Amityville, NY - Revolution Bar & Music Hall
Jun. 13 - Sellersville, PA - Sellersville Theater
Jun. 14 - Stroudsburg, PA - Sherman Theater
Jun. 15 - Washington, DC - City Winery
Jun. 16 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
Jun. 17 - Lynchburg, VA - Phase 2
Jun. 18 - Warrendale, PA - Jergel's Rhythm Grille
Jun. 19 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Soundstage
Jun. 20 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
Jun. 22 - Traverse City, MI - Ground Zero
Jun. 23 - Flint, MI - Machine Shop
Jun. 24 - Cincinnati, OH - The Venue
Jun. 25 - Atlanta, GA - Center Stage
Jun. 27 - Austin, TX - Antone's Nightclub
Jun. 28 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
Jun. 29 - San Antonio, TX - The Aztec Theater
Jun. 30 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
Aug. 03 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
Aug. 04 - Las Vegas, NV - Count's Vamp'd
Aug. 09 - Hermosa Beach, CA - Saint Rocke
Aug. 10 - San Juan Capistrano, CA - Coach House Concert Hall
Aug. 11 - Big Bear Lake, CA - The Cave
Aug. 15 - Sacramento, CA - Sofia Center
Aug. 17 - Agoura Hills, CA - The Canyon
Aug. 18 - Santa Clarita, CA - The Canyon
Aug. 19 - Pasadena, CA - The Rose
Aug. 24 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre

He's got a run of 9 dates in a row...bold move for an older singer, have to see how he holds up vocally.

That was quite a few dates along that run, seems his voice held up pretty decent along the way, with one show to go in Portland. Unless he's added some more dates, I haven't checked lately.