Author Topic: Operation Mindcrime 2017-2018 Tour Dates and Footage  (Read 4167 times)

Eye9

• View Profile
Re: Operation Mindcrime 2017 Tour Dates
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 08:20:13 PM »
here are some more that have went up recently. This evidently is just direct hired guns that he has backing him on this Sao Paulo show from August 19, 2017.

this one is just snippets of songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUlJHvET1I&feature=youtu.be

Eyes of a Stranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rE5msUnJRM
Silent Lucidity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkScMxbmXME
Suite sister Mary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVSjCmBDDM

This show apparently also featured the band Mr. Big on the bill as I see links with the same date and venue listed for them, along with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKMJ4UKWw7A

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »
Eyes of a Stranger was always my favorite.
To me this was painful to watch. Time beats us all up.

Yax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 05:46:55 AM »
Really? Thought it was the best performance of EoaS in almost 10 years He even did  "the mirror never lies" properly at 4:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUlJHvET1I

He has seriously stepped up his game. Too bad the vocals are a bit too low in the mix, but I definitely think this is the best he's sounded since around 2008. I'm gonna try and catch the european tour.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:46:36 PM by Yax »

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »
I agree it is much improved over recent times but, nowhere close to what it ONCE was, and I think that is what IGDV was alluding to, and it's far from vintage Tate. However Tate is only in his 50's, where as Dickinson, Halford, Lizzy Borden, Eric Adams from Manowar age hasn't had anywhere near the toll on those guys.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »
They updated the Operation: Mindcrime FB page with a bunch of 2018 dates for a "Mindcrime 30th Anniversary tour" starting at the end of March. I guess it's not surprising it's being done, but boy am I tired of hearing that album.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 08:56:23 PM »
They updated the Operation: Mindcrime FB page with a bunch of 2018 dates for a "Mindcrime 30th Anniversary tour" starting at the end of March. I guess it's not surprising it's being done, but boy am I tired of hearing that album.

It looks like it's mostly European dates though. For better or worse.  :-\

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 09:15:10 AM »
We all know who loves a good anniversary tour!
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
Hahaha, LOVES them. CAN'T. GET. ENOUGH.

I haven't been following Geoff Tate's recent setlists, so I'm not sure when the last time he performed Mindcrime in its entirety (assuming that's what the 30th anniversary will be comprised of)...maybe early 2016? It just seems like it's not a novel thing anymore, unless he's playing venues he hasn't played in a while (or ever). But I guess when you legally gain the ability to perform Mindcrime in its entirety, ya gotta just run with it.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »
Sure does put Samsara's delirious asinine thought that the band might get back with Tate for a Mindcrime 30th anniversary tour to rest Thank God. I do not see the band EVER reuniting with Tate, unless there comes a point when Todd would leave the band for some reason and they would have no other real option, May that day never come.

Yeah I actually think everybody pretty much would be burned out on the idea of seeing Mindcrime in it's entirety at this point. I'll go though if it comes around my way. I can still find some enjoyment in it and it is a night out. It's all good as long as it is him and his band and not him being anywhere fucking near Queensryche again.  >:D

Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

RTM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
I'm sure GT will be booking the 31st anniversary tour while on the road lol.

To be honest,  I thought a reunion was in the works myself.  Geoff doesn't sound a bit better, he sounds like an entirely transformed singer.  He must've put serious work into this,  right? That coupled with the YouTube clips of him watching the band from the stage in Spain (I think) had me thinking there was something in the works

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
I gotta call bullshit on all this talk (here and in the thread for The New Reality album) of Tate sounding so much better in the last couple of months. People are talking about how Tate hasn't sounded this good in like ten years, but I think it's more that people have simply lowered their expectations so much that any marginally better performance is being met with praise.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 12:37:24 PM »
I thought the Avantasia song was good and was even good in the live clip. All singers have good days and bad days, I think it's more likely that he just had a few "good days" rather than that he actually put a lot of work into things. I see a marginal improvement over some earlier clips. But when I say that, I'm talking about since the split. Those who have said he sounds better than he has since like 2008 or 2009, I wouldn't go that far.

Even at his worst, I don't think he sounds terrible per say, just a major downslide from his prime. If we were talking about an at best mediocre singer, ya probably wouldn't hear nearly the amount of criticism but because he set the bar so high it was a drastic decline. He still sounds better than Don Dokken. Jon Oliva from Savatage is another one his upper range is pretty shot. not everybody can hold it together years down the line after years of strain on the voice.       

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »
Performance wise yeah, it's been hit and miss live. I've seen clips where he sounds decent enough and some where he seems to struggle, hold back and not go after notes he knows he can't get, and seems to pretty much go through the motions playing it safe. That has pretty much been the case for some while now. I don't put much emphasis on the acoustic show stuff cause it's much easier to show a little bit of vocal power over an acoustic type setting verses trying to overpower an electric back ground.

Studio wise, his vocals have sounded pretty much consistently the same to my ears dating back to Operation Mindcrime II up to the present including both Queensryche and Operation Mindcrime material along with his Kings and Thieves solo album (what from it that I've heard anyway) with not a whole lot of deviation in my opinion. Some good moments here and there, heavy on the spoken word lyric stuff, not a lot of power, relies mostly on aesthetic nuances and emotional deliveries and stays straddled to mostly a lower deeper vocal range and doesn't go after much in the way of high notes.

If nothing else he's at least been consistent. but that consistency doesn't bode well for much of Queensryche's best material in their catalog, which are either the heavier songs or the most difficult and powerful vocal songs to perform.     

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 08:22:22 PM »
Here is the full European Tour itinerary.
 http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-to-celebrate-30th-anniversary-of-queensryches-operation-mindcrime-on-european-tour/

Damn, he opens up with ten straight shows in a row without a day off. I want some video of shows six through ten  :o If his voice did improve it won't be like that for long lol.
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Wyrm

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 06:57:48 AM »
Looks like he/they are opening for Angra on some/most dates:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:02:13 AM by Wyrm »