Author Topic: Upcoming Concerts & Reviews  (Read 35880 times)

Buelinator

• View Profile
Re: Upcoming Concerts & Reviews
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
Last night I Finally saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  PHENOMENAL show.  Having seen Savatage twice back in the day, it was a treat to see Al Pitrelli & Johnny Lee Middleton onstage, and even more exciting to see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiGMUOQtwHE&feature=youtu.be

It's a little blurry in spots - the camera was having a hard time focusing on the two platforms.

Overall, the sound was excellent (Xcel Energy Center is Amazing in terms of audio quality), and the light show...... BEST I've EVER seen. \m/

Grappler

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »
Awesome!  I'd love to see TSO again, but haven't felt like buying tickets each year.  I saw them once in 2004, which was the first time the East touring group came to Chicago (prior to that, we had the West with Al Pitrelli/Johnny Lee Middleton).  So I saw Chris Caffrey/Alex Skolnick/Jeff Plate/Mark Wood (violin) which was excellent.  The West group hit Chicago for the first time in ten years, and while they have Jeff Scott Soto, I'd be angry at not getting Russell Allen, who is with the East.

I know TSO did a studio version of The Mountain on Nightcastle, and they've used a few other Savatage songs (Believe, Back to a Reason).  Lately, they've played Gutter Ballet and Chance in Europe, which I really liked, since Savatage has been defunct until next year's reunion at Wacken.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
That was AWESOME, I've never seen them, but that may have to change after watching that. That light and pyro show is killer, and they kick ass doin Hall of the mountain king, I used to love Electric Light Orchestra's kick ass build up version of that song off ELO's on the third day album, they did it back in like 1973, for anyone who's never heard their version, look it up its good, they were probably the first to do it in a rock setting. 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Buelinator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »
Awesome!  I'd love to see TSO again, but haven't felt like buying tickets each year.  I saw them once in 2004, which was the first time the East touring group came to Chicago (prior to that, we had the West with Al Pitrelli/Johnny Lee Middleton).  So I saw Chris Caffrey/Alex Skolnick/Jeff Plate/Mark Wood (violin) which was excellent.  The West group hit Chicago for the first time in ten years, and while they have Jeff Scott Soto, I'd be angry at not getting Russell Allen, who is with the East.

Wouldn't mind seeing the East Coast version as well. :)

I know TSO did a studio version of The Mountain on Nightcastle, and they've used a few other Savatage songs (Believe, Back to a Reason).  Lately, they've played Gutter Ballet and Chance in Europe, which I really liked, since Savatage has been defunct until next year's reunion at Wacken.

Speaking of Gutter Ballet, I found this older 2013 news quite interesting (scroll down to the end of the article)....

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/nov/22/trans-siberian-orchestra-concert-tour/

Not that the album needs to be redone, but if O'Neil / TSO did another concept piece with Gutter & When The Crowds Are Gone songs as the centerpiece, it could be interesting.....

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 05:30:32 PM »
So, the Death Angel show was CRAZY, in the best possible way. The band just slayed all night--they played a little more than 2 hours, total, including a couple of funny covers (the Beatles' "Drive My Car" and a cheesy Christmas song) and the ENTIRE The Dream Calls for Blood album (not in order, but every song was played during the set). They also busted out the 10+ minute instrumental "The Ultra-Violence" and were note-perfect, even though they hadn't played it in years. Original rhythm guitarist Gus Pepa also showed and sat in for a song. The whole thing really ramped up my appreciation for the band, especially Rob Cavestany's shredding abilities. It was a great last show for 2014.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
Motley Crue "Final Tour" show in Winnipeg, August 3rd!!

COZ I'M ALIVE!!
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Grappler

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
Motley Crue "Final Tour" show in Winnipeg, August 3rd!!

COZ I'M ALIVE!!

It is very tempting to see them next August, since Chicago has a Saturday night show at a suburban arena that isn't difficult to get to for me.  But I have some budgetary changes coming up this summer that will affect my future concertgoing for a while.  Sadly, I'll have to skip it.

I did see them in 2005 on the Carnival of Sins tour, which was a nice "farewell" show for me since it had a killer setlist and stage show.  I also saw them from the front row in 1999 and got high-fives from Tommy and Vince, so one last final show probably won't top those two Crue experiences for me.  Vince will probably still do solo tours in clubs, and while his sets are rather predictable, they're still off the hook to see him in such a small space.

Enjoy the show!

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »
I saw the Carnival of Sins show too and while this show will likely not offer much of a different experience, it'd still be fun to see. Plus Alice Cooper is still scheduled to open for them and I've never seen him live before.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

AnybodyListening.net

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »
I saw the Carnival of Sins show too and while this show will likely not offer much of a different experience, it'd still be fun to see. Plus Alice Cooper is still scheduled to open for them and I've never seen him live before.

Alice is worth every penny. I'm not a huge fan of Alice Cooper. I'm a casual fan that enjoys some of his stuff, but we've seen him twice (once co-headline with Rob Zombie, and once direct support for Heaven and Hell) and he was awesome both times.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »
Alice is worth every penny. I'm not a huge fan of Alice Cooper. I'm a casual fan that enjoys some of his stuff, but we've seen him twice (once co-headline with Rob Zombie, and once direct support for Heaven and Hell) and he was awesome both times.

I'm certainly not the biggest Alice Cooper fan either, though I do like his output from the mid-80s to the early 90s, as cheesy as some of his stuff got. It'll be cool to see him, even if it's an opening slot. I've always heard he puts on a solid show.

New Reign

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »

Date    Location    Venue    Tickets   
May 8, 2015    Tulsa    BOK Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
May 10, 2015    Lincoln    Pinnacle Bank Arena    On Sale Soon   
May 12, 2015    St. Paul    Xcel Energy Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
May 14, 2015    St. Louis    Scottrade Center    On Sale Soon   
May 16, 2015    Austin    Austin360 Amphitheater    On Sale Soon   
May 18, 2015    Dallas    American Airlines Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
May 20, 2015    Houston    The Toyota Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
May 22, 2015    New Orleans    Smoothie King Center    On Sale Soon   
May 24, 2015    Tampa    Amalie Arena    On Sale Soon   
May 26, 2015    Atlanta    Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre    On Sale Soon   
May 28, 2015    Greensboro    The Greensboro Coliseum    On Sale Soon   
May 30, 2015    Bristow (DC Area)    Jiffy Lube Live    On sale January 30, 2015   
June 8, 2015    Columbus    Nationwide Arena    On Sale Soon   
June 10, 2015    Buffalo    First Niagara Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
June 12, 2015    Chicago    United Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
June 14, 2015    Detroit    Palace of Auburn Hills    On Sale Soon   
June 17, 2015    Toronto (I)    Air Canada Centre    On sale February 6, 2015   
June 19, 2015    Toronto (II)    Air Canada Centre    On sale February 6, 2015   
June 21, 2015    Montreal    Bell Centre    On sale February 7, 2015   
June 23, 2015    Boston    TD Garden    On sale January 30, 2015   
June 25, 2015    Philadelphia    Wells Fargo Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
June 27, 2015    Newark    Prudential Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
June 29, 2015    New York    Madison Square Garden    On sale January 30, 2015   
July 9, 2015    Kansas City    Sprint Center    On Sale Soon   
July 11, 2015    Denver    Pepsi Center    On sale January 30, 2015   
July 13, 2015    Salt Lake City    Maverik Center    On Sale Soon   
July 15, 2015    Calgary    Scotiabank Saddledome    On sale February 6, 2015   
July 17, 2015    Vancouver    Rogers Arena    On sale February 6, 2015   
July 19, 2015    Seattle    Key Arena    On Sale Soon   
July 21, 2015    Portland    MODA Center    On Sale Soon   
July 23, 2015    San Jose    SAP Center at San Jose    On sale January 30, 2015   
July 25, 2015    Las Vegas    MGM Grand Garden Arena    On Sale Soon   
July 27, 2015    Phoenix    US Airways Center    On Sale Soon   
July 30, 2015    Irvine Meadows    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre    On Sale Soon   
August 1, 2015    Los Angeles    The Forum    On Sale Soon   

AnybodyListening.net

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »
Grrrrr

New Reign

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »

Buelinator

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 01:06:26 PM »
RUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!! MUST attend this show.......

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
 I wouldn't miss Rush for the world (  :) ) ! Can't wait!