Author Topic: 2017 Rockers we lost  (Read 4844 times)

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: 2017 Rockers we lost
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:46:20 AM »
Goddamn it. I haven't paid much attention to the last few years of what he's been up to, but those old Soundgarden album still rip so much ass.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
He still was with Soundgarden, they were on tour and had played in Detroit last night and apparently he died in the hotel room. Their next show was scheduled for tomorrow night in Columbus at Rock On The Range.  Very Shocking, that's an unexpected one for sure. Only 52. Sucks. guess that is the abrupt end of that band  :(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/representative-rocker-chris-cornell-has-died-at-age-52/ar-BBBgiXT?ocid=msnhomepage
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:43:19 AM by NJFIREFIGHTER »
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »
That sucks bigtime  :(

Here is footage of his last show with Soundgarden last night at the Fox Theatre in Detroit R.I.P. Chris
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-chris-cornells-final-performance-with-soundgarden/

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »
Stunned to hear this news literally only hours after seeing an INCREDIBLE performance by Testament. My sincere condolences go out to Cornell's family and friends, and Soundgarden fans worldwide. R.I.P. Chris....one of the most important vocalists of Gen X.  :(... :'(

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 11:55:23 PM »
Sad situation with the report that he evidently hung himself in his hotel room. That doesn't sound like it would be an easy thing to do in a hotel room, just doesn't seem to make much sense. People commenting on the net seemed to think he was struggling or didn't look right, i really don't know what the norm is for him these days so I wouldn't be able to tell that. Maybe he relapsed into the hard drugs, who knows. Guess it'll all get figured out to some degree with the toxicology report.

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 12:02:38 AM »
His wife issued a statement.  Chris was in recovery and was taking Ativan for anxiety.  One of the side effects is suicidal thoughts, and apparently he told her before the show that he was feeling extra nervous for whatever reason and might take a few extra. 

Supposedly that's why she asked security to check on him, but it was already too late.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 12:16:36 AM »
Yeah i did read that, some people had commented that take that stuff that seemed to downplay that drug and it's side effects (i never heard of that drug) I'm gonna watch some of that posted last show and see if i pick up on him being off and struggling as some had suggested. They just started this tour this month, that nights show was a sellout, they had Rocklahoma coming up in a week,  he just recently did some dates with a reunited Audio Slave.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »
Have yet to see any comments by the band members either, on how his demeanor was before, during and after the performance, have you? Seems odd unless they were ordered to keep quiet until all investigation is complete. They and the crew would know best whether he seemed different or out of character that day/night.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:25:45 AM by Eye9 »

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 01:25:35 AM »
Haven't heard anything.  They might be in shock too.

As for whether they noticed anything, I guess that would depend on how much they saw him before the show.  I know some artists have their own pre-show rituals and I've heard of some that isolate themselves for a while before going on.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
I watched that last nights performance clips, I'm just a casual fan, I thought some of it sounded good and some it sounded off but it was also a typical crowd shot footage quality video/sound. I thought at times he looks very dis-coordinated, lethargic and thoroughly stoned like the wandering around the stage during different parts (kind of reminded me of Ozzy when he would be stoned off his ass performing with Sabbath) but every time I fixated on that he would show a little burst of energy and/or do something that require a little bit of coordination. It's hard to tell not having something to compare it to at immediate disposal. I have a feeling the test results are going to show he had something significant in his system goin on.
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

BigMarty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
We now can unfortunately add Gregg Allman to that list...he's back with his brother up in heaven playing together again along with Berry and Butch....RIP

https://www.google.com/amp/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/7759662/gregg-allman-dead

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »
Was sorry to see Greg join the list I saw The Allman Brothers 10 times
over the years always great concerts. 

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »
Greg's had his health issues in the last several years. Probably lucky he made it as long as he did and at least he went peacefully at home. A major loss to the classic rock and especially southern rock community. Definitely was one of the best ever.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
WOW Damn, Chester Bennington, Linkin Park lead singer found dead of an apparent suicide by hanging in his home. Crazy story as he was a close friend of Chris Cornell and had spoke at his funeral and he hung himself on what would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Unbelievable  :(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/linkin-park-frontman-chester-bennington-found-dead-of-apparent-suicide/ar-AAovOe8?ocid=msnhomepage

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 04:25:45 PM »
After reading that story its a wonder he survived this long
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:29:24 PM by InnaGaddaDaVida »