Author Topic: Queensryche Condition Hüman 2015 Album Discussion  (Read 71987 times)

RTM

• View Profile
Queensryche Condition Hüman 2015 Album Discussion
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:20:03 PM »
Queensryche 2015 Album Release

Title: Condition Hüman

Release Date: Friday October 2nd

Producer: Chris Zeuss Harris

Artwork:

Tracklist:
01. Arrow Of Time
02. Guardian
03. Hellfire
04. Toxic Remedy
05. Selfish Lives
06. Eye9
07. Bulletproof
08. Hourglass
09. Just Us
10. All There Was
11. The Aftermath
12. Condition Hüman

Samples:

This thread is for discussing facts and available information about the 2015 album. General talk/speculation is also allowed, but please make sure we know you are voicing your opinion, not fact.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:31:26 PM by RTM »

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: General QR 2015 Album Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »
I'm sure we all have certain expectations and things we'd like to see, hear with the new "in the works" album to be released sometime in the first half of 2015. What are yours?
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

RTM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 12:15:59 PM »
In no particular order
  • Todd expanding out of the comfort zone. I'm expecting some gnarly vocals which will be a departure from the traditional QR sound.
  • 50+ minutes. I honestly expect this album to approach the 1 hour mark as I think the guys have something to prove
  • I expect to hear a more prominent dual guitar attack, along with more credits from Parker
  • Other than what has been listed above, I expect it to be fairly similar to the previous release.

bhg70

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »
I loved "Discordia," vocal-wise. Would love to hear something along those lines.

Grappler

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 12:49:34 PM »
I'm hoping for something heavier, a few longer/epic songs ala Roads to Madness, and more varied vocals from Todd.  Don't play it safe - experiment within the realm of being a metal band. 

And a proper tour!  I'm not a fan of them continuing to play fly-in festival dates across the US.  The band could really make a statement by doing several legs of a tour and taking out real, current metal bands on each leg.  Progressive, power, co-headliners, it doesn't matter to me as long as it's not Don Dokken or anyone of that era. 

T-ski

• On Wisconsin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
they need to make songs they can perform live...*cough* Redemption *cough*
Who's the more foolish - the fool, or the fool who follows him?

Geoff Tate seems to have a "vested" interest in being in Queensryche.

RTM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »
While Redemption didn't work, I like hearing some of the others live. Where Dreams Go To Die and A World Without were two of my favorites. I hope they keep a focus on creating the best possible songs, some of which will work live, others won't.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:52:04 PM by RTM »

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:31:50 AM »
I DO want:
more screams and some cutting loose from Todd.
more dual guitar work
longer epic or two would be great
Definitely an hours worth on the next release
I want a Live DVD/Album showcasing some of the new songs

I DONT want:
The death metal growls, minor tweaking ok but nothing too over the edge.

I don't want them to deviate too far off course taking a lot of risks to ruin gaining back the original fan base, they need to absolutely sound like Queensryche NOT slayer, dream theatre, a death metal band or anything too far from what they were known BEST for. unfortunately they do IMO need to play it safe, to a degree.

jjrock88

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
I loved "Discordia," vocal-wise. Would love to hear something along those lines.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 03:25:56 PM »
Given the fact that due to the well publicized split with Tate, Both their albums (S/t and FU) were rushed in a sense and did garner quite a bit of publicity. With Queensryche's self titled being short and many complaints about the sound mixing, however gaining MANY favorable reviews and respect in music circles. Do you feel that this next effort will, in a sense be their absolute RE-Make or Break album. I tend to think so and would like to hear everyone's in depth commentary on this. I'll add more on this as we go along.

Mods favor: please leave this as a stand alone and not lumped in with general album thread if you will. I think it will get more attention as a stand alone thread, unless you feel otherwise. 

Grappler

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »
I think the momentum is completely lost in terms of the general metal fans.  Each side has their die-hard followers, but the split with Tate gave them a lot of press and momentum to go out and make a statement.  Immediately after the split, the band confirmed new management and a booking agent.  They should have been put to better use.

They were likely hamstrung by Geoff's version of the band in some areas (charging half the cost of QR), but I don't see why they couldn't work their asses off to hammer Europe and the US with a few tour legs.  I know for a fact that a promotor here in IL booked the real QR after doing some research on both bands.  So it's not like there wasn't an opportunity to play shows.

I'd guess that the new album will sell similar numbers, maybe less due to the lost interest as the band has been very silent since the announcement of the settlement.  They should have had plans ready to go starting in September when they became the only Queensryche.  So to me, there is very little momentum on Queensryche's side anymore, and not much to capitalize on.  The make or break time is over, and they're left with the usual Queensryche fans and maybe some new ones that gained some interest since Todd joined the band.  But they'll need to work hard on the road, with legitimate metal bands, if they want to gain any more traction.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:37:21 PM by Grappler »

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
I pretty much totally agree on everything you just said, I see a complete dead zone right now and since the settlement for that matter, except for some live vids on blabbermouth and an occasional interview stating they're working on the new record. They have not done much at all to capitalize, touring has been sporadic following the S/T release and the hype has long subsided. This is why I ABSOLUTELY feel that this next record is in fact "RE-make or Break" this album now needs to be.....
A) much longer
B) better sound production
C) MOST Importantly: it quite honestly needs to be BETTER then the S/T release thanks in large part due to them not capitalizing on the last effort with a proper tour.
If they do not accomplish this in some fashion, then its back to nostalgia act status IMO. back to what they had become prior to the split.

Grappler

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
This is why I ABSOLUTELY feel that this next record is in fact "RE-make or Break"

To be more specific to this part of the question, I think the make or break time has completely passed.  Geoff hasn't been in the band for almost two and a half years.  Yes, QR burned out markets by touring and resorted to gimmicky shows like the Cabaret.  But when there is a major upheaval with the singer change and the debut of the old-school setlist, that would be enough to book some shows that weren't fly-in festivals.  Maybe they'd have to swallow their pride and play smaller venues or reduce their fee, but it would have been possible.  Other bands have done it.

For me, the new album itself isn't going to do much to make or break them, as that's what the first album did.  They rushed it out into the stores just like Geoff.  It was a better record by far, but everyone pretty much saw it as a rush job. 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
I do disagree with that premise. I think due to all the road bocks, changes, restructuring, business model changes, touring saturation and confusion, along with the rushing to get product out and PROVE that they could survive and even thrive again without Tate. They do get a little bit of leeway there. I do not believe that the window of opportunity nor the make or break time has yet passed.

While I feel they dropped the ball and did not completely capitalize (as they should have) on the situation surrounding the split, and hammering hard after S/T albums release, mainly in regard to touring. I think they handled everything else pretty well and properly. And they proved with a resounding YES we can, in regards to whether they could make it/survive without Tate both with the quality of that record and the quality of shows since then.

So to me the next step...next album and tour is very much a still open, window of opportunity, but if they do not pounce on it this time, they're may not be much of an open window next time. therefore reducing them back to a more nostalgia act scenario playing by themselves in small venues or lumped in with the hair band folks at festivals and fairs.

I do however think this album could in fact be a kick ass defining record that goes beyond S/T and really makes a fuckin statement, based off what I heard on the S/T album, in rushed time mind you, I see the signs and the talent level that could very well be something special . we'll soon see. 

Hank Wrangler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »
Maybe they'd have to swallow their pride and play smaller venues or reduce their fee

Right there.