Author Topic: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)  (Read 139990 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #1035 on: January 30, 2020, 02:22:54 AM »
I'll let you guys have some fun with this one.  ::) ??? :-\ ;D :D C:-) >:D

All I can say is this is fucking hilarious considering the source.

May I add that I was always pretty fair to Geoff Tate and I got reprimanded on the old forums (The Breakdown Room, The Open Road, and here prior to my taking over) by him and his cronies for bitching about the childishness of the old album cover remakes and all the Tate bashing (mostly prior to the Brazil incident) but I even was one of the least vindictive towards him even after that. Continued to see him live, buy his records and let everyone be a fan of both Geoff and the band on here without ever silencing, editing, warning, banning or otherwise being an asshole towards anyone for posting whatever they wanted regarding their views or being supportive of both the band and Geoff. That Brian is how you're supposed to conduct yourself as the moderator and admin of a site like this, not the way you admittedly ran your highly censored, agenda driven, TMZ like, horseshit circus show.  But I digress,

http://www.anybodylistening.net/bringupthelights.html     
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 30, 2020, 09:08:31 AM »
Copying it here before it gets taken down:

Bring Up the Lights: The Need for Unity and a Queensryche Fan's Confession

Geoff Tate’s exit from Queensryche in 2012 understandably fractured the band’s fan base. On one side, you had those supporting Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, and Michael Wilton in the effort to return the band to its metal roots. On the other side, there were many Tate loyalists claiming, “no Tate, no Ryche,” steadfastly refusing to support another singer fronting Queensryche. Both groups of fans constantly bickered on social media platforms, with activities extending as far as Tate band members trying to crash Queensryche’s record release party in 2013, at The Crocodile in Seattle. 

Suffice it to say, when the lawsuit between the band members was settled in 2014 and the smoke cleared, there was a clear line in the sand: you supported either Tate or Queensryche—not both. But here we are in 2020, eight years removed from the ugly incidents that fueled the band’s rupture, and fans still take every opportunity (both publicly and privately) to trash both sides. It needs to end. Now. 

No matter what offshoot or era of Queensryche you prefer, there is a place in the musical landscape for all of them. There’s no point in fans slamming Tate and his solo endeavors, nor is there any reason to rip on the Todd La Torre-fronted Queensryche because you favor the band’s original singer. All it does is hurt everyone in those respective camps, both personally and financially. 

I’m not talking about stopping constructive criticism and observation. Music and live performances of it are meant to be enjoyed and openly debated among fans and critics. Lest we forget one of the original Queensryche’s most oft-cited poignant lyrics from Tate: “Think for yourself. And feel the walls become sand beneath your feet.” Hell, this website is devoted to Queensryche’s original lineup. No, I’m talking specifically in this blog about the senseless bashing of the current and former members of the band, and the impact that likely has on all their livelihoods. 

I realize there is a trend these days of surrounding yourself only with like-minded individuals. From politics to sports, more and more people align themselves with those who agree with them, as opposed to welcoming a mix of opinion. This is particularly true in online communities. Social media creates polarizing groups, which inevitably leads to people trolling others. Such is the internet. It has been that way since the mid-1990s, and I doubt it will ever change. 

But if there is one thing that I’ve observed over the past several years, it’s that Queensryche and Geoff Tate, while they play much of the same music catalog, are distinctly different entities with their own unique strengths and attributes. And while the nature of their split naturally has people at odds, I think fans need to embrace them both and move forward in a positive manner. 

I know what you’re thinking: “How can the guy who so forcefully championed Queensryche moving on from Tate for a decade, and brought the Queensryche lawsuit documents further into the public eye, to support change in the band, be saying all this?” 

The explanation is long, but the answer is simple: I was wrong, and too blinded by the attention I received from my involvement in it all to see the third side to Queensryche’s story—the truth. 

And that truth is that what went on between the members of Queensryche, while fascinating, was their own business, and availing myself of it (and with the band’s blessing, helping to disseminate the information worldwide) was a mistake. Just because you have the facts behind the interpersonal relationships between musicians doesn’t mean you fully understand the band dynamic, and even if you do, explaining it in detail on social platforms only adds fuel to what will likely be a fire of negativity. 

I took my fledgling, yet successful discussion forum, The Breakdown Room, which was set up in 2004 so that fans could constructively comment on the band and its happenings, and aligned it with a band member/friend’s interest, turning it into the de facto news source for the new era of Queensryche. Its popularity soared. Hindsight being 20/20, I never should have gone that route of favoring one side over the other. It’s not that I didn’t believe Jackson, Rockenfield and Wilton—I certainly did, and I trusted what I heard from them and others about what had gone on behind the scenes over the years. But by choosing a side, all semblance of neutrality I had built for the forum was forever tainted. 

It was an error that I instinctively knew but ignored as I enjoyed special access to the band and the privileges that went along with that.  As the years went on, and I shuttered The Breakdown Room permanently in the months following the band’s settlement with Tate, a lot of those relationships with band members shifted—something I was warned would happen by old mutual friends in Seattle—and I found myself at odds (for various reasons) with the very “side” I supported. 

For someone who has spent every day of their life since 1988 listening to, or thinking about Queensryche’s music in some capacity, it was a weird position to be in. After some reflection, I realized that while I may not condone the actions of some band members, I was wrong to “choose a side.” I could have stayed out of the whole Queensryche v. Tate affair, and I probably should have. 

A few years ago, I reached out to Tate via email, apologizing for the impact I had on his career, and expressed my regret having been involved. He replied and accepted that apology. I went to go see him perform in 2017 during his acoustic tour reworking Queensryche classics and found myself truly enjoying the show. Sure, it’s not the same as the original five-member lineup of Queensryche, but nothing really is. But I had a nice time and have tried to catch him when he’s in town ever since. 

I repeated that apology with members of current Queensryche as well. Admittedly, due to a variety of reasons that I don't need to discuss here, that was more difficult. And like any person trying to make a change in how they do something, I mis-stepped occasionally. 

For example, in early 2019, I had early access to Queensryche's latest album, The Verdict, and did a quick first reaction post on a message board about it. The observations I made about the songs were fair.  In subsequent postings, however, because Rockenfield was no longer with them and the band was down to just two original members, I started referring to Queensryche jokingly as “Frankenryche” due to the band replacing parts. Not too long after, Wilton read what I had said and called me out on it, saying he didn't appreciate the commentary, and if I didn't like what the band was doing, to just “move on.” 

That was an eye-opening moment for me. Wilton was right, and it made me take another look at not only what I said, but how and where I said it. There was no need for me to slight the band publicly for changes they needed to make. All that did was bring negativity to the Queensryche name. The post should have only been my constructive thoughts and balanced opinion on the music I had listened to. Period. 

I say all this as context for my main point—people slagging on Tate or on Queensryche need to let go of their biases, reconsider their negativity, and move forward. It's a lesson I unfortunately learned way too late, costing me years of enjoying the music and performances from the band I'm most passionate about. Like me, you may favor a certain era. There’s nothing wrong with that. But there's room enough for both Queensryche and Tate's musical entities to co-exist. Wasting time on social media trolling one side or another (and fellow fans) is ultimately self-defeating, and further tarnishes Queensryche's legacy.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 30, 2020, 09:50:15 AM »
My hot take is that Blackbird is making one last-ditch effort in an attempt to get the original band back together for Empire's 30th anniversary this year.

OR

The original band is getting back together for Empire's 30th anniversary this year, and Blackbird is trying to preemptively bridge the fan divide that he himself had a huge part in creating.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 30, 2020, 12:55:57 PM »
Wait for it........... Next comes a post in the Queensryche thread at dream theatre forums re-re-re-re kickstarting the thread by posting a responce to a comment from a couple weeks ago with an Oh By The Way, check out my blog at Anybodylistening.net for my take on the fan diviision  ;D >:D

That or he's presently nudging a bud ( an ass kisser) to post it there  ::) :D

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 30, 2020, 01:35:11 PM »

Geoff Tate’s exit from Queensryche in 2012 understandably fractured the band’s fan base. On one side, you had those supporting Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, and Michael Wilton in the effort to return the band to its metal roots. On the other side, there were many Tate loyalists claiming, “no Tate, no Ryche,” steadfastly refusing to support another singer fronting Queensryche. Both groups of fans constantly bickered on social media platforms, with activities extending as far as Tate band members trying to crash Queensryche’s record release party in 2013, at The Crocodile in Seattle. 

Suffice it to say, when the lawsuit between the band members was settled in 2014 and the smoke cleared, there was a clear line in the sand: you supported either Tate or Queensryche—not both. But here we are in 2020, eight years removed from the ugly incidents that fueled the band’s rupture, and fans still take every opportunity (both publicly and privately) to trash both sides. It needs to end. Now. 

No matter what offshoot or era of Queensryche you prefer, there is a place in the musical landscape for all of them. There’s no point in fans slamming Tate and his solo endeavors, nor is there any reason to rip on the Todd La Torre-fronted Queensryche because you favor the band’s original singer. All it does is hurt everyone in those respective camps, both personally and financially. 

I’m not talking about stopping constructive criticism and observation. Music and live performances of it are meant to be enjoyed and openly debated among fans and critics. Lest we forget one of the original Queensryche’s most oft-cited poignant lyrics from Tate: “Think for yourself. And feel the walls become sand beneath your feet.” Hell, this website is devoted to Queensryche’s original lineup. No, I’m talking specifically in this blog about the senseless bashing of the current and former members of the band, and the impact that likely has on all their livelihoods. 

I realize there is a trend these days of surrounding yourself only with like-minded individuals. From politics to sports, more and more people align themselves with those who agree with them, as opposed to welcoming a mix of opinion. This is particularly true in online communities. Social media creates polarizing groups, which inevitably leads to people trolling others. Such is the internet. It has been that way since the mid-1990s, and I doubt it will ever change. 

But if there is one thing that I’ve observed over the past several years, it’s that Queensryche and Geoff Tate, while they play much of the same music catalog, are distinctly different entities with their own unique strengths and attributes. And while the nature of their split naturally has people at odds, I think fans need to embrace them both and move forward in a positive manner. 

I know what you’re thinking: “How can the guy who so forcefully championed Queensryche moving on from Tate for a decade, and brought the Queensryche lawsuit documents further into the public eye, to support change in the band, be saying all this?” 

The explanation is long, but the answer is simple: I was wrong, and too blinded by the attention I received from my involvement in it all to see the third side to Queensryche’s story—the truth. 

And that truth is that what went on between the members of Queensryche, while fascinating, was their own business, and availing myself of it (and with the band’s blessing, helping to disseminate the information worldwide) was a mistake. Just because you have the facts behind the interpersonal relationships between musicians doesn’t mean you fully understand the band dynamic, and even if you do, explaining it in detail on social platforms only adds fuel to what will likely be a fire of negativity. 

I took my fledgling, yet successful discussion forum, The Breakdown Room, which was set up in 2004 so that fans could constructively comment on the band and its happenings, and aligned it with a band member/friend’s interest, turning it into the de facto news source for the new era of Queensryche. Its popularity soared. Hindsight being 20/20, I never should have gone that route of favoring one side over the other. It’s not that I didn’t believe Jackson, Rockenfield and Wilton—I certainly did, and I trusted what I heard from them and others about what had gone on behind the scenes over the years. But by choosing a side, all semblance of neutrality I had built for the forum was forever tainted. 

It was an error that I instinctively knew but ignored as I enjoyed special access to the band and the privileges that went along with that.  As the years went on, and I shuttered The Breakdown Room permanently in the months following the band’s settlement with Tate, a lot of those relationships with band members shifted—something I was warned would happen by old mutual friends in Seattle—and I found myself at odds (for various reasons) with the very “side” I supported. 

For someone who has spent every day of their life since 1988 listening to, or thinking about Queensryche’s music in some capacity, it was a weird position to be in. After some reflection, I realized that while I may not condone the actions of some band members, I was wrong to “choose a side.” I could have stayed out of the whole Queensryche v. Tate affair, and I probably should have. 

A few years ago, I reached out to Tate via email, apologizing for the impact I had on his career, and expressed my regret having been involved. He replied and accepted that apology. I went to go see him perform in 2017 during his acoustic tour reworking Queensryche classics and found myself truly enjoying the show. Sure, it’s not the same as the original five-member lineup of Queensryche, but nothing really is. But I had a nice time and have tried to catch him when he’s in town ever since. 

I repeated that apology with members of current Queensryche as well. Admittedly, due to a variety of reasons that I don't need to discuss here, that was more difficult. And like any person trying to make a change in how they do something, I mis-stepped occasionally. 

For example, in early 2019, I had early access to Queensryche's latest album, The Verdict, and did a quick first reaction post on a message board about it. The observations I made about the songs were fair.  In subsequent postings, however, because Rockenfield was no longer with them and the band was down to just two original members, I started referring to Queensryche jokingly as “Frankenryche” due to the band replacing parts. Not too long after, Wilton read what I had said and called me out on it, saying he didn't appreciate the commentary, and if I didn't like what the band was doing, to just “move on.” 

That was an eye-opening moment for me. Wilton was right, and it made me take another look at not only what I said, but how and where I said it. There was no need for me to slight the band publicly for changes they needed to make. All that did was bring negativity to the Queensryche name. The post should have only been my constructive thoughts and balanced opinion on the music I had listened to. Period. 

I say all this as context for my main point—people slagging on Tate or on Queensryche need to let go of their biases, reconsider their negativity, and move forward. It's a lesson I unfortunately learned way too late, costing me years of enjoying the music and performances from the band I'm most passionate about. Like me, you may favor a certain era. There’s nothing wrong with that. But there's room enough for both Queensryche and Tate's musical entities to co-exist. Wasting time on social media trolling one side or another (and fellow fans) is ultimately self-defeating, and further tarnishes Queensryche's legacy.

Hmmm.... where to begin? 😒

The only thing End Of Line is sorry about is the fact that his online reputation is severely (and permanently) TARNISHED from all the havoc he wreaked on his old site.

Fact is, he relished in the attention he was getting all those years, incredulously, at the band and Tate's expense. Seems to me Rustvold took advantage of their generosity, and rightly told him and the wife where to go.

I will agree with Birdbrain on one thing though: he's definitely responsible for helping to air out the band's dirty laundry for all to see. And he was more than happy and willing to oblige.

It was arguably the main reason why his site became "successful" (i.e. received more hits), if only temporarily.

It's a shameful irony that the person now calling for "unity" among the Queensryche fan base is the same one who many argue caused the most division.

Confession? Hardly. 🙄…😴

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 30, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »
Wait for it........... Next comes a post in the Queensryche thread at dream theatre forums re-re-re-re kickstarting the thread by posting a responce to a comment from a couple weeks ago with an Oh By The Way, check out my blog at Anybodylistening.net for my take on the fan diviision  ;D >:D

That or he's presently nudging a bud ( an ass kisser) to post it there  ::) :D

;D Yeah he's signed in over at DTF now, I was just looking to see if he posted it there. He probably signed on to private message a couple known enablers or butt munchers to share it with, knowing they will post it up haha

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 30, 2020, 02:32:08 PM »

Hmmm.... where to begin? 😒

The only thing End Of Line is sorry about is the fact that his online reputation is severely (and permanently) TARNISHED from all the havoc he wreaked on his old site.

Fact is, he relished in the attention he was getting all those years, incredulously, at the band and Tate's expense. Seems to me Rustvold took advantage of their generosity, and rightly told him and the wife where to go.

I will agree with Birdbrain on one thing though: he's definitely responsible for helping to air out the band's dirty laundry for all to see. And he was more than happy and willing to oblige.

It was arguably the main reason why his site became "successful" (i.e. received more hits), if only temporarily.

It's a shameful irony that the person now calling for "unity" among the Queensryche fan base is the same one who many argue caused the most division.

Confession? Hardly. 🙄…😴

You NAILED IT OpQ, great post!

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 30, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »
I'll let you guys have some fun with this one.  ::) ??? :-\ ;D :D C:-) >:D

All I can say is this is fucking hilarious considering the source.

May I add that I was always pretty fair to Geoff Tate and I got reprimanded on the old forums (The Breakdown Room, The Open Road, and here prior to my taking over) by him and his cronies for bitching about the childishness of the old album cover remakes and all the Tate bashing (mostly prior to the Brazil incident) but I even was one of the least vindictive towards him even after that. Continued to see him live, buy his records and let everyone be a fan of both Geoff and the band on here without ever silencing, editing, warning, banning or otherwise being an asshole towards anyone for posting whatever they wanted regarding their views or being supportive of both the band and Geoff. That Brian is how you're supposed to conduct yourself as the moderator and admin of a site like this, not the way you admittedly ran your highly censored, agenda driven, TMZ like, horseshit circus show.  But I digress,

http://www.anybodylistening.net/bringupthelights.html   

This part was funny. This is dated 1/29/20: 🤣

"It was an error (note: favoring one side over another) that I instinctively knew but ignored as I enjoyed special access to the band and the privileges that went along with that (translation: Birdbrain was able to mooch off the band much easier, and eventually brag about it on the former site).

"As the years went on, and I shuttered the BDR permanently in the months following the band's settlement with Tate, a lot of those relationships with band members shifted- something I was warned would happen by old mutual friends in Seattle- and I found myself at odds (for various reasons) with the very "side" I supported."

I won't mince words: the second comment above is absolute bullshit, and EOL knows it. The BDR was not "permanently shuttered" following the settlement.

Another site called The Open Road commenced in April 2014. Birdbrain and Khaleesi/Ice Queen indirectly set up shop there. Furthermore, the rules of this "new" site were merely ripped from the old one "courtesy of Rustvold and Lucretia".

It's astonishing how disingenuous and dishonest he is, desperately wanting to re-write that site's humiliating demise.

By the way, that "permanently shuttered" (🙄...🤣) board miraculously RE-OPENED in Sept. 2015 just in time for the "Condition Human" release. It's all documented for eternity here in the critically acclaimed online biography THE BEAT DOWN ROOM, which credibly documents the tumultuous history of EOL's shenanigans.

For the record, Birdbrain's old message board wasn't permanently "shuttered" until Dec. 2016 when he deleted it after several of his incriminating posts surfaced here.

In short order, he spent the holidays frantically deleting everything he could find online what was left of his old "sandbox".

It was then, and ONLY then that the site was quietly buried.

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 03, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »
Apparently Rustvold saw Queensryche (or "Frankenryche", as he proudly referred to them to Setzer on DTF last year) over the weekend. That explains why he wrote that insincere and embarrassing "confession" last week. 🤣

It was likely a ploy to mooch free tickets from the band. Hopefully they didn't fall for it. EOL has no shame. 😐

Well.... so much for being "done" with Queensryche. Don't believe it when he says he doesn't listen to the current lineup anymore.

For the record, Birdbrain never stopped listening. Fact is, he hasn't gotten anywhere with crying publicly since the band locked the door behind them to keep him out--- five years ago I might add. Unreal. 😪...🙄

You can read all about that in this thread.

Hmmm.... I wonder who sent Whip the post about "Frankenryche"?

Anyone, anyone?

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 03, 2020, 03:22:07 PM »
Blackbird's Five Stages of Grief:

Denial: Selling off all his Rising West stuff
Anger: Re-opening the Breakdown Room to bash TLT
Bargaining: The discography thread on DTF
Depression: Whip giving him hell over "Frankenryche"
Acceptance: The most recent blogs
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:42:45 PM by Rockox »

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:11 PM »
Here's another classic emotional outburst from End Of Line on 3/5/19. Perhaps this is the post that Wilton supposedly read and "called him out" on?

"Frankenryche should be ashamed of itself. There is absolutely no reason the band should be under 90 minutes, at a minimum, outside of casino gigs.

Oh wait, is that "negative rhetoric" again. I'm sorry if the truth hurts. Deal with it. Put your big boy pants on. (Not addressing you bosk). 🤣

I just don't know why people continue to support this ridiculousness. Sure, the album is good. But is it really Queensryche without three of five original members, and the two primary original songwriters? You've lost the heart, soul, and backbone of the band.

They just continually shoot themselves in the foot at every turn. And then expect people to be happy with it. And some fans just lap it up."

The last comment above apparently applies to Birdbrain. Not even a year later (2/3/20), Rustvold remains as hypocritical and pathetic as ever:

"Saw Queensryche over the weekend. Overall, a nice performance. If you dig The Verdict, make sure to go see Queensryche this time out."

😄...🙄

Translation: Rustvold's usage of "Frankenryche" was not merely a "joke". He made those comments above with flat-out contempt towards the band. The End.

Any other questions DTF members? 🤔

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »
Apparently Rustvold saw Queensryche (or "Frankenryche", as he proudly referred to them to Setzer on DTF last year) over the weekend. That explains why he wrote that insincere and embarrassing "confession" last week. 🤣

It was likely a ploy to mooch free tickets from the band. Hopefully they didn't fall for it. EOL has no shame. 😐

Well.... so much for being "done" with Queensryche. Don't believe it when he says he doesn't listen to the current lineup anymore.

For the record, Birdbrain never stopped listening. Fact is, he hasn't gotten anywhere with crying publicly since the band locked the door behind them to keep him out--- five years ago I might add. Unreal. 😪...🙄

Anyone, anyone?

Yep. Samsara is as easy to see through as a clean pane of glass. everybody in the entire online Queensryche community knows exactly and all to well this idiots hypocritical, delusional, imbecilic, contradictory slow rolling dumpster fire roller coaster ride of complete and utter obsession and never ending infatuation with any and all versions of Queensryche with complete disregard for the consequential effects of every twist and turn of events he injects himself into, due in large part, to his penchant for making his history routinely disappear.  8) ::)

That embarrassing apologetic blog post was a calculated and contrived setup to cover his ass for what would come next, which of course, was his attendance at a current lineup Queensryche show. On the last tour leg, with Fates Warning opening he went to multiple shows, if I recall correctly, all the while making sure to emphasize the disclaimer (on multiple posts over at DTF) that he merely went to see Fates Warning, and had so much disdain for current Queensryche, that he left before their headline set (or did he  >:D :-\). Now knowing that he was going to this show and that he was going to want to post his review of that show, he had to cover his ass as to not look like a complete hypocritical mentally altered douche nozzle, he quickly posts up that nonsensical blog post, so that he could then, a short couple days later, claim that he took in a Queensryche show and enjoyed it and post up a review. This fucking clown seriously needs to see a psychiatrist.  ::)                 

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 04, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »
Mr. Amusement (Samsara) never ceases to amaze  ;D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 05, 2020, 12:24:47 PM »

Anyone, anyone?

Birdbrain is the best description of him by far. He is some kinda clown lol. No, he definitely never stopped listening and has been glued to it all no doubt. I never bought that bullshit he spouted for a New York minute, remember his moist panties from the Rising West weekend? remember his praise of Todd joining the band and the back to the roots of the band praise? remember the praise bestowed upon the S/T record? remember his glowing review of Condition Human following the botched early streaming release on amazon or whatever it was (the one he allowed to remain on his forum until the bands legal team wanted it removed etc. etc.) You know, the one we didn't post and advertise on here  8) that incident became the one that began the "fallout" after his moist panties then got in a bunch over being reprimanded I'm sure by the band members, little birdbrain suddenly didn't like the band anymore  ::)

I never bought it for a moment, it was all just sour grapes and bullshit. What I didn't expect him to do however, was to do an about face and publicly show all of us that he has been listening, paying attention and following them all along, just the opposite of what he claimed  :D Yep, The Verdict was THAT good.

Well that and the fact that Scott never did join back up with Tate for his Empire tour. Queensryche didn't reunite with Tate (nor do they have any inclination to do so) for the Empire anniversary, Chris DeGarmo is nowhere to be found anywhere near Queensryche, and the band is full steam ahead and ready to start work on the follow up to The Verdict. So where does that all lead...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… exactly, It leads to Birdbrain jumping back on board  :D ;D :o
FOR NOW!                                     
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 05, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »
It's so funny that multiple people told Blackbird the term "Frankenryche" was stupid, but all it took was his Good Buddy Whip to say something to make Blackbird reevaluate his entire life. For someone who's not a "sound bite guy" Whip sure is persuasive!

I find it interesting that Blackbird seemingly hasn't promoted his big "confession" anywhere online, least of all not on DTF. It's almost like it's up there for posterity and nothing more.

Here's one way this could all be interpreted.

So in 2017, Blackbird was still in full TLT Witch Hunt Murderball* mode, freshly fuming from having to permanently shutter the BDR in December 2016 (not "months following the band's settlement with Tate" as Blackbird wishes to believe) after reopening it and failing to gain any traction. He looks at a calendar and thinks "Hot diggity, Mindcrime turns 30 in 2018" and starts the ball rolling.

The first thing he has to do is eat crow and apologize to Geoff Tate: "Sorry I dug up those court documents and dragged your name in the fucking mud for about ten years. So how about we get a full band reunion for Mindcrime's 30th anniversary in 2018? I'll even go to one of your solo shows as a sign of good faith. We cool, bro?" Geoff accepts his apology, mostly because he has a sense of humour and finds crazy fans like him fascinating.

Blackbird reaches out to Queensryche in a similar fashion around the same time, and the band tells him to take a hike. The Verdict was originally intended to be released in the spring of 2018 (before Scott fucked everything up), so in 2017 they wouldn't have had time to deal with a reunion the following year or any of Blackbird's bullshit.

So no full band reunion in 2018. Damn it. Well, there's always Empire's 30th in 2020. What to do, what to do.

Blackbird calls Tate again in early 2019: "Ok so the Mindcrime reunion didn't happen. What about a reunion in 2020 performing Empire in its entirety? By the way, we're still cool, yeah? I've since written a bunch of articles and reviews which put you in a very favourable light on my website. Please check them out and consider my proposal." Tate figures even if the full band can't get back together, Empire in its entirety is at least a decent idea for HIM to do. Thanks for the idea, Blackbird!

Blackbird calls up his Good Buddy Whip around the same time with the same sales pitch, saying he wrote a pretty positive review of the Verdict (even though he never bothered to post a proper review on his blog). Whip checks it out, but also notices a string of DTF posts, whereby Blackbird calls the band "Frankenryche" on a number of occasions, even defending his position at one point, saying "The term "Frankenryche" offends some. Too bad. It fits." Whip writes him back, calls him out and says "Dude, you're trying to make amends but you're still going around calling us Frankenryche? Grow the fuck up and move the fuck on. Next time you "accidentally" bump into me at the produce section of the grocery store, I WON'T say hello. GOOD DAY SIR."

Blackbird is crushed. Like Nicki running madly through the rain in Operation: Mindcrime, he has no one left in the band to turn to: Geoff, whose relationship he decimated for a decade and is only now slowly mending; Parker, who he criticized for his anti-police comments; Todd, who called his wife names and is a dirty, dirty anti-theist; Scott, who smeared his signature when signing one of Blackbird's albums; and Eddie, who has just never given him the time of day. And now Whip. Good Buddy Whip. What has Blackbird become.

After some reflection (and the realization that the possibility of a full band reunion is slowly slipping away from him), Blackbird dusts himself off, wipes his tears, takes a good long shit and an even longer shower, and then replies to Whip. He shares his "confession" blog with him as a promise to change. As a sign of good faith, he'll even go to the next Queensryche show and give them an even-keeled review. All he asks is for the band to please consider reuniting with Tate and Degarmo for one last kick at the can.

If there's a full band reunion in 2020, it will ALL be because of Blackbird, and he damn well had better post a triumphant blog outlining all the steps he took to make it happen. TAKE HOLD.

*See my post from October 3, 2016. Posts don't get deleted here, friends!