Author Topic: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)  (Read 128744 times)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #945 on: May 30, 2019, 07:19:46 PM »
So Blackbird went and wrote a “review” of Tate’s new Sweet Oblivion album on his blog. Because of course he did. It’s so very telling how Blackbird won’t post an official review of QR’s “The Verdict” album, but he’ll review Tate’s new album and post it on his site dedicated to the band’s original lineup. Hahaha, he must hate Todd La Torre SO MUCH. Because you know it’s never about one thing with him. Every time he praises Geoff, it’s also an unspoken shot at Todd. And because Blackbird has finally taken everyone’s advice and has steered clear of the Queensryche thread on DTF, one way he can still get his digs in is by promoting Tate. He can deny it all he wants, but the subtext is pretty obvious. And the promoting of Tate also helps with the whole “full-band 2020 reunion” narrative Blackbird’s got going for himself.

Speaking of shaping narratives (HAW!), I maintain this is also an attempt to garner favour in Camp Tate in the hopes that Blackbird will be hand-selected by Tate to write for the Empire 30th anniversary boxset. How deliciously perverse.

I wonder if Sweet Oblivion will block Blackbird on Twitter for writing an early review of the album? HAHAHA.

HAHA! I can only hope, that would be funny as fuck  8)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 01, 2019, 01:31:20 PM »
So Blackbird went and wrote a “review” of Tate’s new Sweet Oblivion album on his blog. Because of course he did. It’s so very telling how Blackbird won’t post an official review of QR’s “The Verdict” album, but he’ll review Tate’s new album and post it on his site dedicated to the band’s original lineup. Hahaha, he must hate Todd La Torre SO MUCH. Because you know it’s never about one thing with him. Every time he praises Geoff, it’s also an unspoken shot at Todd. And because Blackbird has finally taken everyone’s advice and has steered clear of the Queensryche thread on DTF, one way he can still get his digs in is by promoting Tate. He can deny it all he wants, but the subtext is pretty obvious. And the promoting of Tate also helps with the whole “full-band 2020 reunion” narrative Blackbird’s got going for himself.

Speaking of shaping narratives (HAW!), I maintain this is also an attempt to garner favour in Camp Tate in the hopes that Blackbird will be hand-selected by Tate to write for the Empire 30th anniversary boxset. How deliciously perverse.

I wonder if Sweet Oblivion will block Blackbird on Twitter for writing an early review of the album? HAHAHA.

Of course he couldn't and wouldn't do a review for The Verdict. Because it is a stellar album from beginning to end, probably the best one yet with Todd at the helm, not to mention his drumming was fucking spot on. Unless his review was even more glowing and gushing than his reviews of the previous two albums ( :D >:D) what could he possibly say otherwise.....so, yeah NAH, that review isn't gonna happen.  :o ::)
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

RoushRycher

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 27, 2019, 09:36:00 PM »
He's baaack.....
Magnetize what you conceptualize beause your thoughts become things. Ths is the Law of Attraction. -TLT

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2019, 11:21:15 PM »
Yeah, i saw he's been commenting alot lately on dtf. He made sure he pointed out the 33rd anniversary of Rage for Order, seriously  :o ::) ;D   

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 29, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
I don't really concern myself with him anymore. He is just a lost little minion with a misconstrued opinion  ;D 8) but the butthurt still shows in light of the fact that he will review every other album related to Queensryche , except for The Verdict.  :o and most of his inside information, reading of the so called tea leaves, and what not is fantasyland (boss, Boss... The Plane, The Plane  :D) as Scott is not playing with Tate's band, there will be no reunion for 2020 and Empire's 30th anniversary, did I forget anything, I'm sure I did. But whatever he just isn't worth my fucking time. That battle was won a long time ago.  ;D     
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2019, 02:11:58 PM »
Nice job Setzer on inadvertantly forcing Birdbrain to backtrack on his comments about a Rockenfield/Tate "reunion".  ;D... ::)

Is it merely coincidental that the ONLY person who made this public in the Queensryche online community is..... Rustvold? Just saying.  ;)... ???

It's all on the Tate (not Queensryche) thread on the DTF. Even bosk takes a shot at EOL's "theory" regarding a reunion!  :o...>:D

Keep in mind that End Of Line has had NO contact with ANY of the band members (past or present) since 2014, at least. To reiterate, the band permanently severed ties with him, not the other way around.  :o

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 11, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »
That was a great job by Setzer  ;D that was genious. For as much as that jackass Samsara always loves to jump on people over there for reading something into what he writes or coming to conclusions or assumptions and so forth. Setzer baited his ass to immediately pre determine and personalize Setzers statement as a not so direct shot squarely at him. Which completely goes against everything he bitches at other posters over there for doing. That was priceless  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 11, 2019, 06:20:54 PM »
That was a great job by Setzer  ;D that was genius. For as much as that jackass Samsara always loves to jump on people over there for reading something into what he writes or coming to conclusions or assumptions and so forth. Setzer baited his ass to immediately pre-determine and personalize Setzer's statement as a not so direct shot squarely at him. Which completely goes against everything he bitches at other posters over there for doing. That was priceless  ;D

I wouldn't even call it "baiting" Eye9. Setzer simply reiterated what Birdbrain stated a year ago.

Setzer: "But that was totally going to happen!" (i.e. Rockenfield and Tate "reuniting".)

Birdbrain: "No need to vaguely hurl insults. I was wrong. Not for the first time, certainly not the last.

For the record, I was told that AT THE TIME, they were speaking and looking to work together. I firmly believe that.

I posted my opinion based on that, and as always, my writing style is straightforward and confident. Some people get all fired up and get their panties in a bind because of that. Too bad.

My guess is, whatever path Scott has allegedly and unfortunately gone down, happened AFTER that timeframe. But I don't know."

:D

Let's be clear. EOL's writing is not "straightforward and confident" when it comes to his opinions on Queensryche.

It's mostly speculative (that he implies as being "fact", more often than not) and condescending (which he tries to be discreet about--- and usually fails), which he has a proven history of.

I find it funny that Grappler was the only one to come to Rustvold's defense when bosk didn't agree with him on this.  ;D

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 12, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
Maybe I should have said  "Triggered", not baited  ;D 8) in any event it was comical. And yes it was refreshing to see Bosk call a spade a spade and offer a strong rebuttal. And wipe your nose off grappler I see a brown smudge  C:-)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 15, 2019, 03:37:06 PM »
Hey guys, I've been away for a bit. What'd I miss? HAHAHA.

What I find endlessly entertaining is how Blackbird is hanging everything on a 2020 reunion. Everything he posts on DTF, his blog and his FB page is all to serve his narrative of the band reuniting for Empire’s 30th. Sure it concerns the original lineup so naturally it interests him (plus another anniversary, land sakes!), but a band reunion is also a shot against Todd, which probably gets Blackbird even MORE hot and bothered. These are the following narratives:

Geoff Tate - singing better than he has in years. The new Sweet Oblivion record is a page out of a classic QR playbook. Clearly he’s ready for a reunion.

Chris Degarmo - recently sold his publishing rights. Shit, maybe he won’t be interested in a reunion? Either way, this is related. Because of course it is.

Scott Rock - rumoured to have been in talks with Tate about playing together.

It's as if all these other things he's "reporting" on are all pieces to a bigger puzzle he has to solve, with everything leading up to the grand finale of Empire's 30th anniversary (it's like the 2020 reunion is MCU's Infinity War. Pffft). Because if that anniversary passes without a reunion, then the possibility of a reunion is GONE, friends. As I've said before, I hope for Blackbird's sake that it does happen. Coz who knows what that poor guy will do if it doesn't.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 15, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »
Hey guys, I've been away for a bit. What'd I miss? HAHAHA.

What I find endlessly entertaining is how Blackbird is hanging everything on a 2020 reunion. Everything he posts on DTF, his blog and his FB page is all to serve his narrative of the band reuniting for Empire’s 30th.

Sure it concerns the original lineup so naturally it interests him (plus another anniversary, land sakes!), but a band reunion is also a shot against Todd, which probably gets Blackbird even MORE hot and bothered. These are the following narratives:

Geoff Tate - singing better than he has in years. The new Sweet Oblivion record is a page out of a classic QR playbook. Clearly he’s ready for a reunion.

Chris Degarmo - recently sold his publishing rights. Shit, maybe he won’t be interested in a reunion? Either way, this is related. Because of course it is.

Scott Rock - rumoured to have been in talks with Tate about playing together.

It's as if all these other things he's "reporting" on are all pieces to a bigger puzzle he has to solve, with everything leading up to the grand finale of Empire's 30th anniversary (it's like the 2020 reunion is MCU's Infinity War. Pffft).

Because if that anniversary passes without a reunion, then the possibility of a reunion is GONE, friends. As I've said before, I hope for Blackbird's sake that it does happen. Coz who knows what that poor guy will do if it doesn't.

Keep in mind Rock that Tate still needs to "apologize" to the guys in Queensryche first before End Of Line spends a dime on anything involving a reunion---- "in good conscience", remember?  ;D... ::)

I certainly do, like it was yesterday!  >:D... C:-)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 16, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »
Keep in mind Rock that Tate still needs to "apologize" to the guys in Queensryche first before End Of Line spends a dime on anything involving a reunion---- "in good conscience", remember?  ;D... ::)

Haha, it certainly sounds like something Samsara would say, though I can't remember exactly when it was. Curious to see if that statement would've been before he developed his white hot hate for Todd.

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2019, 01:56:52 PM »

Haha, it certainly sounds like something Samsara would say, though I can't remember exactly when it was. Curious to see if that statement would've been before he developed his white hot hate for Todd.

It was around July 2013, shortly after Eponymous 2013 was released. EOL was in full-promotion mode, salivating over La Torre.

Of course, four months earlier Rustvold asked the BDR community the $64,000 question in the most infamous (and arguably sought-after) thread in the history of Birdbrain's online activity. For those who don't remember, it's called....

Todd La Torre: Man of the People or Rock God?  :o...:D

livgrnfan

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 16, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »
So much comedy over at that place now.  Samuelsara's trying to pass off his desires for a reunion as a passive-aggressive plea for Mike, Ed, and Scott to "just sit down with Tate to try and heal."  As if you really give a crap about that, Rustvold.  Even funnier, though, is that head case Tate hater-turned-fanatic Buck Norris (previously EGX500 and STP500) is now posting on that topic as EPICVIEW.  The idiot isn't even trying to really change his posting style, just dialing down the jackass by 5%.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 17, 2019, 11:48:57 AM »
EPICVIEW is that Buck Norris guy? Funny. Where did he post as EGX500 and STP500?