Author Topic: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)  (Read 120390 times)

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #960 on: July 17, 2019, 01:36:45 PM »
So much comedy over at that place now. Samuelsara's trying to pass off his desires for a reunion as a passive-aggressive plea for Mike, Ed, and Scott to "just sit down with Tate to try and heal."  As if you really give a crap about that, Rustvold.

Even funnier, though, is that head case Tate hater-turned-fanatic Buck Norris (previously EGX500 and STP500) is now posting on that topic as EPICVIEW.  The idiot isn't even trying to really change his posting style, just dialing down the jackass by 5%.

Can you jog our memories on this person livgrnfan? Do you recall any standout posts from him?

I remember a Buck Norris username on the old site, but truthfully, that's about it.  8)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 17, 2019, 03:22:21 PM »
That "Buck Norris" guy was an avid poster in the Blabbermouth articles comments section over the past few years, especially in the Queensryche and Geoff Tate article comments section. Look up any of the Queensryche or Tate articles over there and scroll through them. You will see plenty of commentary from him.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 17, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »
In fact I think I've seen comments from him on the bands facebook page before also, usually being a pest and ball breaker IIRC.

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2019, 04:58:23 PM »
Buck Norris can be seen in the comments on a lot of my older videos. For some reason he hasn't made an appereance in a long time.
Maybe he switched accounts, because occasionally I'll get a similar style of comment, but from a different name.
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 17, 2019, 05:13:40 PM »
That "Buck Norris" guy was an avid poster in the Blabbermouth articles comments section over the past few years, especially in the Queensryche and Geoff Tate article comments section. Look up any of the Queensryche or Tate articles over there and scroll through them. You will see plenty of commentary from him.

That where I recognize the name from. He has battled back and forth with people in the Blabbermouth article comments numerous times on Queensryche related articles. I'm pretty sure he's usually one of the Tate diehards defending Tate and dissing the band but I would have to double check. There was another idiot on those comments too that people would regularly blast and say it was Tate or Susan (Mish or something like that) now I'm gonna have to go look  C:-)
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2019, 06:10:30 PM »
I went and did a search on all Queensryche related articles on blabbermouth and skimmed through a shit load of them dating from some of the most recent ones all the back to the 2012 split.

My findings, in addition to Holy Shit there was a lot of Queensryche related articles on that site in that span, were that my recollection is there used to be a lot of comments and outright warfare in the comments sections between the divided fan base especially back in the 2012-2014 span. Most if not all of the comments are gone, except on the more recent articles. So I saw no trace of Buck Norris, nor that other person I was thinking of (the name came back to me though, it was mister mish if I'm not mistaken). At first I thought those two may have pulled a Samsara and deleted all their comment posts, and they may have, but the farther back I went I noticed ALL of the comments are pretty much deleted.

For an example, here is the article on the split with Tate being officially announced and the LaTorre being announced as the new Queensryche singer. 0 comments, All gone.
  http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/it-s-official-queensr-che-parts-ways-with-geoff-tate-taps-todd-la-torre-as-new-singer/

And I had to link this one, Setzer will appreciate this one....the Tate Vaudeville show wig   ;D :o
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-on-his-wigged-out-performance-thats-the-best-ray-davies-that-i-could-do/

HAHAHA
Found this on Geoff's Facebook page regarding the Sweet Oblivion album release.
Priceless chime in from Jason Slater,

"Jeff Stephens So is he the lead singer in this new band or just a feature on the new album? I don’t understand what happened to Operation Mindcrime?"

3 Replies

Jason Slater
"Jason Slater Hopefully you’ll actually pay whoever wrote it for you...…"

D.T. Short
"D.T. Short Fuck Tate."

;D

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:50:06 PM by NJFIREFIGHTER »

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 18, 2019, 10:42:40 AM »
Most if not all of the comments are gone, except on the more recent articles.

Yeah, Blabbermouth cleared out their comment sections a couple years ago, maybe something to do with their FB? Anyway, I was bummed when that happened because during the height of the QR lawsuit (around 2012 or 2013), there was this long scathing post that people kept posting in the comments that started with something like "Join the Breakdown Room!" and then proceeded to rip on the BDR with stuff like "...where you can say anything you want unless it's contrary to what the Admins want! And then you will be publically humiliated for having a differing opinion!" It was fantastic.

And that was the interesting thing with the BDR. Everybody kinda knew that Blackbird was being an asshole, whether you were a member there or not. People knew the "noble intentions" surrounding the site were all horseshit. Even people who agreed with a lot of Blackbird's opinions would admit that "yeah, but he's also kind of an asshole."

Like we've been saying for awhile now, Blackbird and Geoff Tate weirdly shared a similar trajectory.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2019, 01:04:54 PM »
Most if not all of the comments are gone, except on the more recent articles.

Yeah, Blabbermouth cleared out their comment sections a couple years ago, maybe something to do with their FB? Anyway, I was bummed when that happened because during the height of the QR lawsuit (around 2012 or 2013), there was this long scathing post that people kept posting in the comments that started with something like "Join the Breakdown Room!" and then proceeded to rip on the BDR with stuff like "...where you can say anything you want unless it's contrary to what the Admins want! And then you will be publicly humiliated for having a differing opinion!" It was fantastic.

And that was the interesting thing with the BDR. Everybody kinda knew that Blackbird was being an asshole, whether you were a member there or not. People knew the "noble intentions" surrounding the site were all horseshit. Even people who agreed with a lot of Blackbird's opinions would admit that "yeah, but he's also kind of an asshole."

Like we've been saying for awhile now, Blackbird and Geoff Tate weirdly shared a similar trajectory.

Yes, I do remember those posts on BM. That was Birdbrain's way of getting hits to his site. Those embarrassing EOL t-shirts and coffee mugs failed to sell ( :-[), so he took the "discussion" to BM instead. What an astute businessman that Rustvold is!  ::)... :D

Still, the best posts were the ones where End Of Line was clearly in damage-control mode.... when he knew he fucked something up.

Eventually, "warnings" (read: pseudo-threats) would come from him and the mods to restore "order". It was indeed comical, and embarrassing. ;D

Just one of the many reasons why Rustvold's credibility remains in the toilet.  C:-)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:09:29 PM by Operation:Queensr˙che »

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »
Don’t mind me, I’ve got a few things to post.

Let's be clear. EOL's writing is not "straightforward and confident" when it comes to his opinions on Queensryche.

It's mostly speculative (that he implies as being "fact", more often than not) and condescending (which he tries to be discreet about--- and usually fails), which he has a proven history of.

This cannot be overstated. “My writing style is straightforward and confident.” Pffft. Is he cribbing from his resume now? And yes, his writing style is usually opinion-based rather than fact-based, and then when someone calls him out on it, he has to remind him that it’s just his opinion. Like he’s had to do for YEARS. It’s actually a pretty clever way of writing: If he posts something and he’s right, he can say “see, I knew it all along” and if he’s wrong, he can say “that was just my opinion based on information I had heard at the time.” In fact, this was his basic MO all throughout the BDR days:

- Blackbird will state his opinion as fact
- Another poster will call Blackbird out on trying to state his opinion as fact
- Blackbird will say of course it’s just his opinion
- Blackbird will remind the offending poster that this is a DISCUSSION forum, used for DISCUSSION purposes

If this exchange happens on a board Blackbird owns, he will threaten to dish out a warning or an all-out ban. If this exchange happens on a board Blackbird doesn’t own, one of the admins that Blackbird has befriended usually comes in and tells the offending poster (who is never Blackbird) to tone it down.

Sound about right?

So much comedy over at that place now.  Samuelsara's trying to pass off his desires for a reunion as a passive-aggressive plea for Mike, Ed, and Scott to "just sit down with Tate to try and heal."  As if you really give a crap about that, Rustvold. 

Like livgrnfan said, Blackbird pleading with the band to forgive each other and to HEAL is funny as hell. Here’s the simple list Blackbird’s got for Queensryche:

1. Get in a room, heal and forgive each other (Geoff Tate apology optional).
2. Call up Chris DeGarmo.
3. Do reunion.
4. Thank Blackbird for listening to him.

Blackbird doesn’t give a shit about the guys in the band or any of that nonsense. He only cares about it if it a) gets him Chris DeGarmo for a reunion, or b) just gets the original four back for a reunion, either of which would undermine Todd (or – fingers crossed! – Todd would quit the band altogether). That’s all this is about, folks. Blackbird loves Chris DeGarmo just about as much as he hates Todd La Torre. And in Blackbird’s mind, Tate is the lesser of two evils. So Blackbird would rather throw his eggs in Tate's basket than have to deal with Todd anymore.

Make no mistake, the reason Blackbird is trying SO hard to get the reunion to happen right now is because he knows in a few months, the likelihood of a reunion will be slim to none, because both QR and Tate will have started booking their own shows for 2020. So he’s trying his damnedest to make this happen. Gotta love him, the poor dope.

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2019, 04:51:49 PM »
Don’t mind me, I’ve got a few things to post.

Let's be clear. EOL's writing is not "straightforward and confident" when it comes to his opinions on Queensryche.

It's mostly speculative (that he implies as being "fact", more often than not) and condescending (which he tries to be discreet about--- and usually fails), which he has a proven history of.

This cannot be overstated. “My writing style is straightforward and confident.” Pffft. Is he cribbing from his resume now? And yes, his writing style is usually opinion-based rather than fact-based, and then when someone calls him out on it, he has to remind him that it’s just his opinion. Like he’s had to do for YEARS.

It’s actually a pretty clever way of writing: If he posts something and he’s right, he can say “see, I knew it all along” and if he’s wrong, he can say “that was just my opinion based on information I had heard at the time.” In fact, this was his basic MO all throughout the BDR days:

- Blackbird will state his opinion as fact
- Another poster will call Blackbird out on trying to state his opinion as fact
- Blackbird will say of course it’s just his opinion
- Blackbird will remind the offending poster that this is a DISCUSSION forum, used for DISCUSSION purposes

If this exchange happens on a board Blackbird owns, he will threaten to dish out a warning or an all-out ban. If this exchange happens on a board Blackbird doesn’t own, one of the admins that Blackbird has befriended usually comes in and tells the offending poster (who is never Blackbird) to tone it down.

Sound about right?

So much comedy over at that place now.  Samuelsara's trying to pass off his desires for a reunion as a passive-aggressive plea for Mike, Ed, and Scott to "just sit down with Tate to try and heal."  As if you really give a crap about that, Rustvold. 

Like livgrnfan said, Blackbird pleading with the band to forgive each other and to HEAL is funny as hell. Here’s the simple list Blackbird’s got for Queensryche:

1. Get in a room, heal and forgive each other (Geoff Tate apology optional).
2. Call up Chris DeGarmo.
3. Do reunion.
4. Thank Blackbird for listening to him.

Blackbird doesn’t give a shit about the guys in the band or any of that nonsense. He only cares about it if it a) gets him Chris DeGarmo for a reunion, or b) just gets the original four back for a reunion, either of which would undermine Todd (or – fingers crossed! – Todd would quit the band altogether). That’s all this is about, folks.

Blackbird loves Chris DeGarmo just about as much as he hates Todd La Torre. And in Blackbird’s mind, Tate is the lesser of two evils. So Blackbird would rather throw his eggs in Tate's basket than have to deal with Todd anymore.

Make no mistake, the reason Blackbird is trying SO hard to get the reunion to happen right now is because he knows in a few months, the likelihood of a reunion will be slim to none, because both QR and Tate will have started booking their own shows for 2020. So he’s trying his damnedest to make this happen. Gotta love him, the poor dope.

;D.....THE post of 2019 (so far... :D)!

Well said RockC:-)

I'll just add this: if an original Queensryche reunion ever takes place, you can be sure that Birdbrain won't be on their guest list.
 :o... >:D

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »
I went and did a search on all Queensryche related articles on blabbermouth and skimmed through a shit load of them dating from some of the most recent ones all the back to the 2012 split.

My findings, in addition to Holy Shit there was a lot of Queensryche related articles on that site in that span, were that my recollection is there used to be a lot of comments and outright warfare in the comments sections between the divided fan base especially back in the 2012-2014 span. Most if not all of the comments are gone, except on the more recent articles. So I saw no trace of Buck Norris, nor that other person I was thinking of (the name came back to me though, it was mister mish if I'm not mistaken). At first I thought those two may have pulled a Samsara and deleted all their comment posts, and they may have, but the farther back I went I noticed ALL of the comments are pretty much deleted.

For an example, here is the article on the split with Tate being officially announced and the LaTorre being announced as the new Queensryche singer. 0 comments, All gone.
  http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/it-s-official-queensr-che-parts-ways-with-geoff-tate-taps-todd-la-torre-as-new-singer/

And I had to link this one, Setzer will appreciate this one....the Tate Vaudeville show wig   ;D :o
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-on-his-wigged-out-performance-thats-the-best-ray-davies-that-i-could-do/

HAHAHA
Found this on Geoff's Facebook page regarding the Sweet Oblivion album release.
Priceless chime in from Jason Slater,

"Jeff Stephens So is he the lead singer in this new band or just a feature on the new album? I don’t understand what happened to Operation Mindcrime?"

3 Replies

Jason Slater
"Jason Slater Hopefully you’ll actually pay whoever wrote it for you...…"

D.T. Short
"D.T. Short Fuck Tate."

;D

I scrolled through several pages of both Queensryche amd Tates facebook pages and come up empty handed in finding any posts from Buck Norris. Strange. I know I've seen several posts from him before  :-\

GunsNRyche

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 19, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »
Hey guys.  Completely new to the forum, but a former BDR member.  I’m totally out of the loop.  What exactly happened with Samsara and Todd?  I remember the guy being head over heels for La Torre.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 19, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
Welcome aboard GunsNRyche, great to have ya. I'll let OQ and Rockox handle that one. They could tell it better than me in fewer words, if you have all kinds of time on your hands to read through this entire thread I'm sure you'd get a few laughs as well as be able to piece much of the puzzle together.  8) :D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 19, 2019, 09:40:16 PM »
Hey guys.  Completely new to the forum, but a former BDR member.  I’m totally out of the loop.  What exactly happened with Samsara and Todd?  I remember the guy being head over heels for La Torre.

Welcome to our silly little home, GunsNRyche. Samsara once posted here via Shadow Walker (on Page 17 of this thread) the following message:

Yes, Todd and I were friends. Close ones, for a short time. We shared a lot of personal stuff with one another. As far as I’m concerned, we no longer are. As for why, I believe the reasons for that would somewhat damage Todd’s professional reputation (not to mention it would be my word versus his, which I would no doubt lose in the court of popular opinion), and I have no interest in being the one that does that. Suffice it to say, he said some things very disrespectful of my wife, and despite being encouraged by more than one person to apologize, he never has. So yes, it is personal. He also has some more radical opinions on things he hasn’t shared publicly, only given glimpses of, and as a person, I can’t support that. I’d rather leave it there, because while I understand the interest a few of you have and why, I really don’t want to go further. Respectfully, that really should be enough.

He was supposed to give us a call, and discuss things last year, after the first leg of the Condition Human tour. He never did, and after a couple of olive branch attempts went unanswered, we moved on, as I assume he did. Not everyone can be friends. Stuff happens. So that should answer the personal relationship questions. There was once a close relationship. There was a falling out. There was an attempt to reconcile on our end that was never returned. The people involved moved on. End of story.

A few of us here have surmised that one of the "olive branches" to which Blackbird refers could possibly be his GLOWING review of the Condition Human album, a copy which he purchased from the infamous early Amazon leak (the link of which he allowed on the BDR until the band's lawyer told him to remove it). The band was understandably upset with the Amazon leak, but Blackbird left it up, wrote an early album review from it, shared it with Todd on Twitter and then subsequently was blocked by Todd on Twitter. Blackbird then left out the details regarding his falling out with Todd when he started a new thread on the BDR, specifically questioning why Todd would do something like that.   

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 19, 2019, 10:42:46 PM »

Welcome to our silly little home, GunsNRyche. Samsara once posted here via Shadow Walker (on Page 17 of this thread) the following message:

Yes, Todd and I were friends. Close ones, for a short time. We shared a lot of personal stuff with one another. As far as I’m concerned, we no longer are. As for why, I believe the reasons for that would somewhat damage Todd’s professional reputation (not to mention it would be my word versus his, which I would no doubt lose in the court of popular opinion), and I have no interest in being the one that does that. Suffice it to say, he said some things very disrespectful of my wife, and despite being encouraged by more than one person to apologize, he never has. So yes, it is personal. He also has some more radical opinions on things he hasn’t shared publicly, only given glimpses of, and as a person, I can’t support that. I’d rather leave it there, because while I understand the interest a few of you have and why, I really don’t want to go further. Respectfully, that really should be enough.

He was supposed to give us a call, and discuss things last year, after the first leg of the Condition Human tour. He never did, and after a couple of olive branch attempts went unanswered, we moved on, as I assume he did. Not everyone can be friends. Stuff happens. So that should answer the personal relationship questions. There was once a close relationship. There was a falling out. There was an attempt to reconcile on our end that was never returned. The people involved moved on. End of story.

A few of us here have surmised that one of the "olive branches" to which Blackbird refers could possibly be his GLOWING review of the Condition Human album, a copy which he purchased from the infamous early Amazon leak (the link of which he allowed on the BDR until the band's lawyer told him to remove it).

The band was understandably upset with the Amazon leak, but Blackbird left it up, wrote an early album review from it, shared it with Todd on Twitter and then subsequently was blocked by Todd on Twitter. Blackbird then left out the details regarding his falling out with Todd when he started a new thread on the BDR, specifically questioning why Todd would do something like that.

Welcome GNR. Please feel free to discuss your experiences on the old site if you'd like.  8)

First, you're 100% correct in your assertion of End Of Line being "head over heels" for La Torre.  :-*

That ended around August 2014, as you'll see if you get a chance to read our critically acclaimed online biography The Beat Down Room:D

As Rockox correctly pointed out, most of us here believe the pivotal point was the Amazon goof and Birdbrain's handling of it. Not to mention his deliberate omission of facts pertaining to his part in their falling out.  C:-)

Needless to say, nobody was permitted to question the real story. They only wanted discussion that would massage Rustvold's bruised ego after that meanie La Torre hurt his feelings. :'(... :D... ::)