Author Topic: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)  (Read 102813 times)

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #690 on: February 14, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »
I thought this was adorable. A new listener to QR’s music was posting in the DTF forum for the last few days, talking about how he was finally getting into the band and how he was going to listen to all the albums (even the bad ones).

And then yesterday he writes: “Samsara has given me the full monty introduction into Queensryche, links and all. Good person, Samsara.”

Here’s how I like to think this went:

Blackbird (reading the QR thread on DTF):

Oh. My. Golly. There’s a person new to Queensryche’s music. To get the full breadth of the band and their music, this guy should really be checking out my discography thread, which has since sadly fallen to the bottom of the ocean like a fucking rock. Or he should be checking out my new updated .net site. I’m sure one of the other DTF posters will mention me and show him the way to enlightenment and ultimately, salvation via one of those two avenues of information.

Hm. 5 posts in and no one’s mentioned me. I just need to be patient. I’m sure someone will mention my efforts and guide him into the valley of interesting Queensryche tidbits, like the original track listing for the Warning (sigh).

What in the actual fuck. They’ve brought up wolfking’s laughable review for Frequency Unknown but not a single soul has yet mentioned ME? If I didn’t know any better, I’d guess everyone who has contributed to that thread thus far is attacking my credibility as a professional writer. Though they haven’t explicitly said so, the convenient omission of my well-documented and often-erased efforts is clear: My journalistic integrity is being called into question. YET AGAIN.

Either way, this young fellow clearly needs some guidance, and I am without question the person most qualified to provide it. He’s like a young Dick Grayson who – OH MY GOD HE IS ROBIN TO MY BATMAN. Perhaps if I give him the information and tools with which to experience Queensryche’s music, then one day he shall rise from the ranks of fandom and ascend into something more. Something like me. And the BDR flag will once again fly high. A HERO CAN BE ANYONE. BLACKBIRD COULD BE ANYBODY.

But I cannot post in the thread for fear of, as the layman would say, tooting my own horn. I must reach out to this young pupil via private message, so that I may mold him into a fine young man and one day, perhaps, he may be my ward.

Is there anybody listening? Valentine, I hope it to be you.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 16, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
 :D Yeah that's a pretty good behind the scenes assessment haha!  :o

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 21, 2018, 03:52:10 PM »
ACTUAL PMs CULLED FROM DTF SERVERS:

“Hello New Listener of Queensryche’s Music, I couldn’t help but notice your interest in Queensryche’s music. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Samsara. You’ve no doubt heard of me and my exploits. I will give you a moment to let this sink in.”

“Sorry, who are you?”

“Samsara. You perhaps know me by my other name, Blackbird. Take all the time you need to compose yourself.”

“I’m sure you’re a great guy and have done some great things, but sorry, ya gotta give me more than that, pal.”

“For a very short time I was known as End of Line. If you remember that name, then I am genuinely impressed.”

“So you’re a Tron fan of some sort, then?”

“You may then know me by my website’s namesake, AL.net. I will allow you one - or five or six - minutes for the wave of this reality to wash over you before I must get to the matter at hand.”

“Sounds vaguely familiar. Anything else I might know?”

“Sigh...how about Rustvold?”

“Oh, ok. I think I remember you. (eyeroll) So what do you want, man?”

“I apologize for having to send you a private message and not replying within the Queensryche thread. You see, there are folks who follow me around the internet to libel and insult me and I do not wish to give them any further ammunition. At least, this is according to friends that keep tabs on this stuff. I couldn’t be bothered to subject myself to reading such filth, as you well understand. But I digress. Your interest in Queensryche’s music has in turn interested me. If you are willing to accept such a gift, I will bestow upon you links to information so profound you couldn’t have possibly imagined them to have existed. THE FIRST! A link to my discography thread on this very message board. THE SECOND! A link to my updated website with most of the same information from the first link. THE THIRD! A link to my website’s Facebook pa – oh wait that’s down. AND FINALLY! A link to my ultra top-secret message board, now moved to the Darknet, because its contents were too controversial for the common man. You may have heard of this one...THE BREAKDOWN ROOM. I like to call it “The Batcave.” You may too, pupil, if you so desire. Enjoy these links and the contents within.”

“I’m just listening to some records man, but thanks?”

“You are so very welcome, young one.”
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 21, 2018, 10:01:34 PM »
 ;D hahaha  >:D Your a trip man.

Yeah the crab has been coming out of his shell lately over there.  ::)
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 22, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »
ACTUAL PMs CULLED FROM DTF SERVERS:

“Hello New Listener of Queensryche’s Music, I couldn’t help but notice your interest in Queensryche’s music. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Samsara. You’ve no doubt heard of me and my exploits. I will give you a moment to let this sink in.”

“Sorry, who are you?”

“Samsara. You perhaps know me by my other name, Blackbird. Take all the time you need to compose yourself.”

“I’m sure you’re a great guy and have done some great things, but sorry, ya gotta give me more than that, pal.”

“For a very short time I was known as End of Line. If you remember that name, then I am genuinely impressed.”

“So you’re a Tron fan of some sort, then?”

“You may then know me by my website’s namesake, AL.net. I will allow you one - or five or six - minutes for the wave of this reality to wash over you before I must get to the matter at hand.”

“Sounds vaguely familiar. Anything else I might know?”

“Sigh...how about Rustvold?”

“Oh, ok. I think I remember you. (eyeroll) So what do you want, man?”

“I apologize for having to send you a private message and not replying within the Queensryche thread. You see, there are folks who follow me around the internet to libel and insult me and I do not wish to give them any further ammunition. At least, this is according to friends that keep tabs on this stuff. I couldn’t be bothered to subject myself to reading such filth, as you well understand. But I digress. Your interest in Queensryche’s music has in turn interested me. If you are willing to accept such a gift, I will bestow upon you links to information so profound you couldn’t have possibly imagined them to have existed. THE FIRST! A link to my discography thread on this very message board. THE SECOND! A link to my updated website with most of the same information from the first link. THE THIRD! A link to my website’s Facebook pa – oh wait that’s down. AND FINALLY! A link to my ultra top-secret message board, now moved to the Darknet, because its contents were too controversial for the common man. You may have heard of this one...THE BREAKDOWN ROOM. I like to call it “The Batcave.” You may too, pupil, if you so desire. Enjoy these links and the contents within.”

“I’m just listening to some records man, but thanks?”

“You are so very welcome, young one.”

Your theatrical productions are priceless Rockox  ;D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »
Sigh. From Blackbird today:

Yesterday, some guy was asking Todd on his FB wall about the drummer situation, and why QR hasn't come out and said anything about who it is. The guy was respectful, but said without Scott, he wouldn't consider it Queensryche. I mean, a lot of fans said that after Chris left, and again when Geoff was canned, so it is a common reaction.

Todd replied calling out the fan, and asking them about whether he considers mindcrime 2, American soldier, and dedicated to chaos queensryche records. The guy said he didn't. Todd then smugly replied that it was "good to know, cuz yeah, Scott didn't play on OMC2, and those songs had outside players and writers." Todd went on to reiterate, rudely, saying "For the 100th time, Scott has not "quit" the band, he told us he's taking time off and we have no time frame of when he will return. Can't get more honest than that, but that does't seem to be good enough for some people when they don't listen to our answer. We thought he would take a few months off, obviously he doesn't want to tour right now so what...we are supposed to call the band something else now? That would be ridiculous."

So I replied, and said this:

"Todd La Torre, so you have said Casey is not on the new record, and Scott is still on paternity leave. That's fine. And good for Scott. Happy for him. So answer the question: who is playing drums on Queensryche's new album? Not hard to give an answer. Just be straight up with people. If there behind the scenes reasons why you're being coy, then say that. People who buy your records will respect that. So either give them the answer, or say why you can't. Pretty simple."

>>>>>>>>>>>That  post was deleted by Todd La Torre, and I was banned from posting or liking his Facebook page. lol

Dude, TODD DOESN'T LIKE YOU. Hahaha. So it stands to reason he'd block you the minute he saw your fuckin' name. Kinda like how a certain somebody IP blocked a few of us here so we couldn't access AL.net. ;D

Bring up getting blocked on Twitter one more goddamn time. I fucking dare you.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:33:47 PM by Rockox »

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 23, 2018, 10:09:17 PM »

Yesterday, some guy was asking Todd on his FB wall about the drummer situation, and why QR hasn't come out and said anything about who it is. The guy was respectful, but said without Scott, he wouldn't consider it Queensryche. I mean, a lot of fans said that after Chris left, and again when Geoff was canned, so it is a common reaction.

Todd replied calling out the fan, and asking them about whether he considers mindcrime 2, American soldier, and dedicated to chaos queensryche records. The guy said he didn't. Todd then smugly replied that it was "good to know, cuz yeah, Scott didn't play on OMC2, and those songs had outside players and writers." Todd went on to reiterate, rudely, saying "For the 100th time, Scott has not "quit" the band, he told us he's taking time off and we have no time frame of when he will return. Can't get more honest than that, but that does't seem to be good enough for some people when they don't listen to our answer. We thought he would take a few months off, obviously he doesn't want to tour right now so what...we are supposed to call the band something else now? That would be ridiculous."

"Todd La Torre, so you have said Casey is not on the new record, and Scott is still on paternity leave. That's fine. And good for Scott. Happy for him. So answer the question: who is playing drums on Queensryche's new album? Not hard to give an answer. Just be straight up with people. If there behind the scenes reasons why you're being coy, then say that. People who buy your records will respect that. So either give them the answer, or say why you can't. Pretty simple."

>>>>>>>>>>>That  post was deleted by Todd La Torre, and I was banned from posting or liking his Facebook page. lol

Dude, TODD DOESN'T LIKE YOU. Hahaha. So it stands to reason he'd block you the minute he saw your fuckin' name. Kinda like how a certain somebody IP blocked a few of us here so we couldn't access AL.net. ;D

Agreed Rock. Rustvold is in NO credible position to even bring that up. Embarrassing. ::)... :D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 26, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »
This uncertainty with Scott is the kind of drama Blackbird lives for, and why he’s probably just aching to flip the switch and turn the BDR back on. No wonder after a lengthy absence from DTF he’s back to posting in full force, combing through Todd's FB page, looking for any shred of information he can latch onto. On the BDR, Blackbird would have no less than 156 different threads relating to Scott’s current situation:

1. Is Scott leaving the band?
2. Possible replacements for Scott
3. How likely is the inevitable 2020 reunion if Scott is out of the band?
4. Why all the secrecy? Not a smart move. At all.
5. If Scott is out, how many years does the band have left? (Poll)
6. Should it still be called Queensryche with only 2 original members?
7. Non-Queensryche projects for Scott
8. How will Scott’s absence affect the possibility of seeing the Warning released in its original track order?

Instead Blackbird is limited to a single Queensryche thread on DTF. That’s gotta fucking sting, man.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 26, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »
No shortage of fucking nerds on that site either , he fits right the fuck in over there  ;D 8)

unspOOLed

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 26, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
#155. Will Mike Portnoy join now that "Geoff Taint" is no longer with the band?

#156. Will Todd's declining voice relegate him to pounding the skins so that the amazing vocal powerhouse of our wet dreams, Myles Kennedy, can front Queensryche?

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 27, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
Perhaps it's time to jog the memory a little for the DTF members who currently tune in. This is from 9/8/15 when La Torre evidently hurt End Of Line's feelings permanently, and ultimately bruised his very fragile ego in the process. To this day, it still bothers him. In any event, here it is again---VERBATIM:

So, I found this interesting...

"So I posted my review for the record (Condition Human), and as a part of sending that out, tweeted it, tagging Todd La Torre in the process. I went about my day after that, not really thinking about it, until I went back the following day to see if there was any fan buzz for it. To my surprise, I saw that I had been blocked by La Torre.

I wasn't sure what to make of it. So Lucretia went over to La Torre's Twitter page, and saw that a fan had mentioned my review to Todd, saying that it got her excited about the CD. He replied to that fan "I only read reviews from credible music press outlets."

So Lucretia went ahead and re-tweeted the fan's tweet of my review, and then later on, found her account blocked by La Torre as well.

What is going on here?

First--- what sense does it make to not be in favor of a positive, glowing
review of your new record, when you yourself are even praised for your performance?

Second-- (and admittedly on a more personal level)-- "credible music press?"
Well, most "music press" these days is comprised of fans and freelancers who write for "outlets" that aren't exactly "credible music press". LOL

And as for credibility, I've been writing professionally for 18 years, including being a daily "credible" news journalist for about a decade. So that kind of comment, both in general, and the little slight to me, is laughable.

Third--- what does it say about La Torre that he's now blocking fans on Twitter who were promoting POSITIVE COMMENTARY about his band (and his) work?

I mean, it's his Twitter account, he can do what he wants of course. But what sense does it make to do all that? Particularly when the review was absolutely GLOWING about how good the record was, and his own performance was? 

Speaking for myself, I think it's fair to say that Rustvold's online Queensryche life would be dramatically altered after this was posted. Or am I off base again?  :o... :D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 27, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »
No shortage of fucking nerds on that site either , he fits right the fuck in over there  ;D 8)

Eh, That better not have been directed at me  8) I do post over there on occasion. 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 27, 2018, 08:21:15 PM »

CLASSIC  ;D ;D

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 28, 2018, 12:33:22 AM »

Eh, That better not have been directed at me  8) I do post over there on occasion.

Like I said, there's no shortage of fuckin nerds on that site  ;D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
You pecker you  >:D

If your name was Brian I'd fuckin ban ya   ;D
Your lucky I don't wanna break my streak and issue a warning or ban  C:-)