Author Topic: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)  (Read 63262 times)

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #690 on: February 14, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »
I thought this was adorable. A new listener to QR’s music was posting in the DTF forum for the last few days, talking about how he was finally getting into the band and how he was going to listen to all the albums (even the bad ones).

And then yesterday he writes: “Samsara has given me the full monty introduction into Queensryche, links and all. Good person, Samsara.”

Here’s how I like to think this went:

Blackbird (reading the QR thread on DTF):

Oh. My. Golly. There’s a person new to Queensryche’s music. To get the full breadth of the band and their music, this guy should really be checking out my discography thread, which has since sadly fallen to the bottom of the ocean like a fucking rock. Or he should be checking out my new updated .net site. I’m sure one of the other DTF posters will mention me and show him the way to enlightenment and ultimately, salvation via one of those two avenues of information.

Hm. 5 posts in and no one’s mentioned me. I just need to be patient. I’m sure someone will mention my efforts and guide him into the valley of interesting Queensryche tidbits, like the original track listing for the Warning (sigh).

What in the actual fuck. They’ve brought up wolfking’s laughable review for Frequency Unknown but not a single soul has yet mentioned ME? If I didn’t know any better, I’d guess everyone who has contributed to that thread thus far is attacking my credibility as a professional writer. Though they haven’t explicitly said so, the convenient omission of my well-documented and often-erased efforts is clear: My journalistic integrity is being called into question. YET AGAIN.

Either way, this young fellow clearly needs some guidance, and I am without question the person most qualified to provide it. He’s like a young Dick Grayson who – OH MY GOD HE IS ROBIN TO MY BATMAN. Perhaps if I give him the information and tools with which to experience Queensryche’s music, then one day he shall rise from the ranks of fandom and ascend into something more. Something like me. And the BDR flag will once again fly high. A HERO CAN BE ANYONE. BLACKBIRD COULD BE ANYBODY.

But I cannot post in the thread for fear of, as the layman would say, tooting my own horn. I must reach out to this young pupil via private message, so that I may mold him into a fine young man and one day, perhaps, he may be my ward.

Is there anybody listening? Valentine, I hope it to be you.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #691 on: February 16, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
 :D Yeah that's a pretty good behind the scenes assessment haha!  :o