Author Topic: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)  (Read 97155 times)

Eye9

• View Profile
Re: The BEAT DOWN ROOM (BDR)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 05:40:38 PM »
Rockox, by the way. Kudos for calling in the CMS. That segment was fucking Hilarious.  ;D WARNING!!!!

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 06:19:01 PM »
He would catch just as much shit for "Hiding then re-emerging those threads and posts" as he would for permanently deleting them all. It really is a moot point. That is his pattern, as with TOR and other things that he decides to make disappear or the old "I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread" Just a plain old, old fashioned asshole.   

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
I lifted this from "The best novelty and oddball songs thread" credit: InnaGaddaDaVida there for this one.

This should be Blackbird's bdr theme song. Somebody should re-write this to suit the topic at hand LOL.

I'm an Asshole- Dennis Leary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:41 PM »
Rockox, by the way. Kudos for calling in the CMS. That segment was fucking Hilarious.  ;D WARNING!!!!

Funny thing is, I'm not even sure what kind of reaction I was expecting outta them. I just knew that they should know that they were right when they figured the BDR would be back. And I certainly didn't think there was enough material there for a full segment. But Neeley's idea to go thru the rules was brilliant. Comedy gold.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »
I haven't had a good laugh like this in a while, your killin me Eye9  ;D

I don't seem to remember a whole lot of re-appearances of stuff being hidden, other than him trying to hide himself from being seen on the board, which is another sneaky maneuver. The stuff that I've noticed missing or deleted always seemed to stay that way, at all the forums. So I highly doubt they will re-appear and if they did they'd probably be altered and be missing posts or edited. Since a few of us evidently have a lot of them saved, we would then be able to expose all the changes and deletions.  8) 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »
And I don't know when these disappearances of threads and posts exactly occurred other than that it must have been in the last week or so. But of course not a peep about it has been mentioned or brought up by any of the members over there on the board  ;D you can hear a pin drop, everybody must be scared to death to so much as type "um, excuse me, where did a lot of the threads and posts go? Amazing.

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 09:54:44 PM »
Blackbird removing his posts (or most likely just temporarily hiding them, like they did with the old graphics thread) is the most interesting thing the BDR has done in months.

It's a shame that any thread he started is also gone (again, probably temporarily), because there were a couple entertaining ones, specifically the one where Blackbird thought TLT was taking a dig at his journalistic integrity when Blackbird got blocked from TLT's Twitter account. Or something. It got really good when people started suggesting it was due to the fact that Todd and Blackbird aren't friends anymore, which is far more likely.

Fair comments 'Rockox'. I think the only reason he posted that thread was simply to acquire support for his own viewpoint. To his thinking, someone who writes a "glowing" review about 'Condition Human' doesn't deserve to be blocked on La Torre's Twitter page, do they? Shortly thereafter, he decided to bring it to the attention of the BDR community.

When the focus abruptly shifted (much to his dismay) to what some felt the real underlying issue was, he became somewhat defensive and the thread was eventually locked.

For the record, the direct criticism he received was absolutely justified. In my opinion, he set himself up to be questioned in the manner he was. Live and learn I suppose ( 8)).

If I recall correctly, it was never open for discussion again (unless you agreed with him whenever it was brought up.)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »
That "So I found this interesting..." thread was such bullshit. Lucretia criticizes Todd for running a "bully pulpit" on his FB page, but it's exactly what Blackbird did with this thread. He basically wanted everyone to agree with him and have everyone bad mouth Todd, except intentionally left out the part about him and Todd allegedly hating each other's guts due to some personal issue, which no doubt would've coloured people's opinions about the whole thing. Blackbird had been pretty petty in the past but this was a new low, even for him. And it was just so OBvious. That said, it was also entertaining as hell to watch a guy completely lose his marbles like that.

I'm not sure why Blackbird removed all his posts, but I'm sure it had something to do with him likening himself to Batman, where he figures anyone could be him. And he's removing himself from the equation so that someone else can take up the mantel.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 10:06:06 PM »

Funny thing is, I'm not even sure what kind of reaction I was expecting outta them. I just knew that they should know that they were right when they figured the BDR would be back. And I certainly didn't think there was enough material there for a full segment. But Neeley's idea to go thru the rules was brilliant. Comedy gold.

It was absolutely hilarious to go through their rules and break their balls like that. I wish they would have done a whole second segment after that one, going through and picking on some of the threads and comments that Blackbird had made up until that time. Some of the altercations between NJF and the mods and Blackbird at that time would have been great material for them to discuss. 

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 10:15:31 PM »
Blackbird removing his posts (or most likely just temporarily hiding them, like they did with the old graphics thread) is the most interesting thing the BDR has done in months.

It's a shame that any thread he started is also gone (again, probably temporarily), because there were a couple entertaining ones, specifically the one where Blackbird thought TLT was taking a dig at his journalistic integrity when Blackbird got blocked from TLT's Twitter account. Or something. It got really good when people started suggesting it was due to the fact that Todd and Blackbird aren't friends anymore, which is far more likely.

Fair comments 'Rockox'. I think the only reason he posted that thread was simply to acquire support for his own viewpoint. To his thinking, someone who writes a "glowing" review about 'Condition Human' doesn't deserve to be blocked on La Torre's Twitter page, do they? Shortly thereafter, he decided to bring it to the attention of the BDR community.

When the focus abruptly shifted (much to his dismay) to what some felt the real underlying issue was, he became somewhat defensive and the thread was eventually locked.

For the record, the direct criticism he received was absolutely justified. In my opinion, he set himself up to be questioned in the manner he was. Live and learn I suppose ( 8)).

If I recall correctly, it was never open for discussion again (unless you agreed with him whenever it was brought up.)

Anything that ever happened over there was never up for discussion or debate once his little line in the sand was crossed. He would end threads, lock threads, move stuff. They would blatantly put out a post that "no more comments will be allowed on this subject". That was done to my recollection a handful of times, one that comes to mind was the initial questioning of Brian's reversal of his utmost support of the new lineup. Some of which even occurred on here early on.

Not to mention he purposefully put the album review together the night of the premature release for sale of the album through Amazon because he wanted to be self important and be the first to get a review out there, all while knowing damn right well it would not sit well with the band and the label, not to mention his supposed friendship with Michael. That there is a total Dickhead move. That was something that his supposed journalistic integrity should have avoided doing, if for no other reason out of respect and principal for the band.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 10:23:11 PM »
That "So I found this interesting..." thread was such bullshit. Lucretia criticizes Todd for running a "bully pulpit" on his FB page, but it's exactly what Blackbird did with this thread. He basically wanted everyone to agree with him and have everyone bad mouth Todd, except intentionally left out the part about him and Todd allegedly hating each other's guts due to some personal issue, which no doubt would've coloured people's opinions about the whole thing. Blackbird had been pretty petty in the past but this was a new low, even for him. And it was just so OBvious. That said, it was also entertaining as hell to watch a guy completely lose his marbles like that.

I'm not sure why Blackbird removed all his posts, but I'm sure it had something to do with him likening himself to Batman, where he figures anyone could be him. And he's removing himself from the equation so that someone else can take up the mantel.

Those two have a lot of fucking nerve to even remotely accuse someone else of running a "Bully Pulpit" that is their and their mods very definition of every site they have been involved with to the point of nausea.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2016, 08:05:01 AM »
Also, can we talk a bit about how Blackbird quoted himself in his signature line? He once made a comment criticizing Todd's "power of positive thinking" mantra and then soon after, added this to his signature line (which was almost verbatim to what he posted before): "The power of positive thinking is real. But the wise man doesn't surround himself with only praise."

This could very well be a famous quote but let's be honest. It's far more likely Blackbird would write something, think "holy shit, I am fucking awesome!" and then quote himself in a signature line like it's a quote passed down through the ages.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »
Also, can we talk a bit about how Blackbird quoted himself in his signature line? He once made a comment criticizing Todd's "power of positive thinking" mantra and then soon after, added this to his signature line (which was almost verbatim to what he posted before): "The power of positive thinking is real. But the wise man doesn't surround himself with only praise."

This could very well be a famous quote but let's be honest. It's far more likely Blackbird would write something, think "holy shit, I am fucking awesome!" and then quote himself in a signature line like it's a quote passed down through the ages.

Don't forget the "beware of false prophets" one  ;D 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 08:24:10 AM »

Those two have a lot of fucking nerve to even remotely accuse someone else of running a "Bully Pulpit" that is their and their mods very definition of every site they have been involved with to the point of nausea.

Speaking of "Bully Pulpit" it appears that my ip address is banned yet again from accessing that site lol. The admins and mods are getting their panties in a bunch and going into damage control mode yet again. This site makes them so fucking nervous, I'm not even allowed to see the board and what is being said HAHAHA. gotta love it. what a bunch of little pussy cats. That just makes me wanna spout off even more shit over here and stir the pot with a bigger spoon.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 08:55:07 AM »
Your public enemy #1 over there at the pussy powder room LMFAO. All you have to do is log from a different computer, work site or a library. Shit, you could even create an account from a different ip location and sneak some posts in if you were so inclined, I just might be  ;D That probably came from grappler, he and Brian seem to be the biggest douchebags and little girls when it comes to criticism.