Author Topic: Steve Perry American Idol appearance  (Read 130 times)

radardude65

• View Profile
Steve Perry American Idol appearance
« on: May 23, 2018, 02:06:44 AM »
So Steve Perry surprised American Idol finalist Gabby Barrett after she sang Don't Stop Believin

https://youtu.be/fEG3kVlDfbw

I haven't watched this show in years.  But I watched this performance since Perry came out of his lair for it. 

It's a horrendous perdormance.  Some of it can be chalked up to nerves of the final but man some of it is this singer isn't that good.  Stunned that she is one of the three finalist.  Everything is cringy about this clip.  Her marionette with stuck strings movement, the horrific air guitar, the poor handling of Perry appearing and the poor direction of the cameras.  I'm sure Perry was being overly polite and kind by telling this singer she did the best version of his song.  Either that or he's on top much pain meds for his bad hip. 

Dream Evil

• View Profile
Re: Steve Perry American Idol appearance
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »
Overall cheesy, she'll make a good country singer lol. She did the sustained "belt it out" tougher parts decent enough though. I'll give her that. Nice to see Steve, where's that long awaited new solo album  :-\

radardude65

• View Profile
Re: Steve Perry American Idol appearance
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »
Hologram Dio will release several albums and complete numerous tours before we see Perry's next solo platter