Author Topic: Todd La Torre  (Read 13070 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Todd La Torre
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:51:12 PM »
A place for all things Todd, Discuss solo and Crimson Glory, Post videos and share your thoughts on Todd's career.   
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

jjrock88

Re: Todd La Torre
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
I had always hoped for a full length Crimson Glory disc with Todd; or at least a live disc with him and the band.

Too bad CG are major procrastinators.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 04:08:09 PM »
Agreed, Have loved all the live material I've seen online with Todd. He does a hell of a Purple Rain too  ;D I hold out hope maybe a live Crimson record will surface in the future. Even if not, I think you'll see Todd doin some side projects here and there like recent to step outside the box a little on occasion. 

lmu2002

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »
I wonder if he's really that busy with QR that he couldn't do the odd show with Crimson Glory. I was happy and lucky to see them 2012. They were fantastic!

RoushRycher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:17 AM »
I'm sure if CG really wanted to do a few one-offs with Todd, that they could find a way to make it work.  I just get the feeling that music is not a priority for at least some of the CG memebers right now.
Magnetize what you conceptualize beause your thoughts become things. Ths is the Law of Attraction. -TLT

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• The Sensation of the Cherokee Nation.
    • View Profile
    • WÖR Party
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
He also runs his own business out of his home office while not on the road, which is more lucrative the the music biz.  It still requires his direct attention, so I'm sure QR is his creative priority.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing...

RTM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 11:14:10 PM »
He also runs his own business out of his home office while not on the road, which is more lucrative the the music biz.

Is there a source on this? I don't follow the subject too closely, but I thought I heard an interview where he said he had to give up an upholstery business or something similar in Florida. I'm not doubting you, I would enjoy learning more about his business.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• View Profile
    • WÖR Party
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
He also runs his own business out of his home office while not on the road, which is more lucrative the the music biz.

Is there a source on this? I don't follow the subject too closely, but I thought I heard an interview where he said he had to give up an upholstery business or something similar in Florida. I'm not doubting you, I would enjoy learning more about his business.

He's shared numerous times on Facebook about his business as an insurance agent.  He makes enough money on that that when TSO offered him the front man slot, he had to turn it down since he wouldn't have been able to live on the same wage.

RTM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 01:07:30 AM »
That does ring a bell, I was able to track down an interview where he brought that up. He did Insurance adjusting and ran an upholstery business for 17 years, cool stuff. Here is the link for anyone interested http://youtu.be/yjot9dxi8gM?t=18m15s

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 07:23:50 PM »
He did or DOES do this insurance work. That work ,while somewhat flexible is time consuming and requires quite a bit of travel (either local in state running around, or multiple states running around) I wonder if that has any bearing on why we haven't seen any long broad tour itinerarys as of yet from Queensryche since he has taken over. Maybe that's possibly a factor in the fly ins and short clustered dates we've seen. just an observation

RTM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »
In the link it said that he did insurance work, but I'm not sure if he misspoke. TonyFlyingSquirrel would have a better idea than myself, I haven't heard of it at all with the exception of this interview.

Either way, I see no way a band of Queensryche's caliber is going to be waiting around and not touring because their hired singer is off working on insurance claims, but who knows.

RoushRycher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »
Based on this interview, Todd is not currently running his upholstery business. It's a nicely done interview.

http://great38.com/news/features/news_now/videos/vid_29.shtml
Magnetize what you conceptualize beause your thoughts become things. Ths is the Law of Attraction. -TLT

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• View Profile
    • WÖR Party
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
Based on this interview, Todd is not currently running his upholstery business. It's a nicely done interview.

Yeah, he hasn't done the upholstery for a while, but he's still doing the insurance gig.

RoushRycher

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »

Yeah, he hasn't done the upholstery for a while, but he's still doing the insurance gig.

I don't think so.  When I talked with him about adjusting at the Belterra show in March, it was all past-tense.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• View Profile
    • WÖR Party
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 10:53:54 AM »

I don't think so.  When I talked with him about adjusting at the Belterra show in March, it was all past-tense.

Well then, I stand corrected.  He must finally be able to live off of his QR salary alone now.  Thanks for the clarification.