Author Topic: Geoff Tate Interviews  (Read 11961 times)

Setzer

• View Profile
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: Geoff Tate Interviews
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »
I guess he's gotta finish up touring Mindcrime so he can get started on touring the 30th anniversary of Empire. Ooof. At least Avantasia allows him a bit of fun and creativity, whereas all these anniversary tours are solely for the money.

"You gotta do the safe picture. Then you can do the art picture."
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
I'll make a bet right now that he resurfaces with a tour by years end or early into 2020 with an "Empire 30th anniversary tour" unless there is something in the court documents stating that he can't do that, which there probably isn't, You bet your ass he's gonna do that  ;D It was the bands biggest selling album and it's also an album the band doesn't play a lot from aside from Jet City, Empire and Lucidity. Don't say I didn't warn ya  :o

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
I'll make a bet right now that he resurfaces with a tour by years end or early into 2020 with an "Empire 30th anniversary tour" unless there is something in the court documents stating that he can't do that, which there probably isn't, You bet your ass he's gonna do that  ;D It was the bands biggest selling album and it's also an album the band doesn't play a lot from aside from Jet City, Empire and Lucidity. Don't say I didn't warn ya  :o

Nice, I'll get to see one of the last shows then later this month at the Sellersville Theatre in PA. (so he says  :-\ :-X).
I agree whole heartedly though with you here, he is ending this one to in all likelihood begin an Empire anniversary tour, and I'm ok with that because it would actually be a breath of fresh air 1) because he has done Mindcrime to death (as did the band when he was still in it, so much so that I can't even enjoy the damn thing like I used to anymore) and 2) why not, there are some great songs on that record that never get played much if at all and most of those songs he could pull of in his current vocal range I think (mostly) so that again is a tour I would go see. I don't think anything legally could prevent him from doing it but I never read the legal documents either , so I'm not familiar with what is in that agreement except the Mindcrime situation.   
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2019, 02:37:05 AM »
Yeah I think he has actually mentioned somewhere in one his interviews that he plans to tour Empire for the 30th.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 02:22:18 AM »
Well here it is in a new interview. He plans on touring heavily in 2020 doing an "Empire 30th Anniversary" tour and playing the album in its entirety. Another interesting tidbit, he has never personally met or sat in a room with the Sweet Oblivion guys, the whole album was made over the internet.

https://misplacedstraws.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-conversation-with-legendary-vocalist.html

Below is the Blabbermouth article for this, the comments section should be priceless I'm sure  ;D

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-to-perform-queensryches-entire-empire-album-on-30th-anniversary-world-tour-next-year/

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
Saw that one coming (regarding the Empire Anniversary tour). After giving a listen to the Sweet Oblivion album that is certainly not a surprise either. 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 01:03:57 AM »
I'm not surprised in the least but I'm very happy he will be doing that Empire anniversary tour with his band and not Queensryche, I will say that much. I think that whole reunion nonsense can be put to rest now for the foreseeable future, Thank God  ;D I will go see his Empire tour, I'm sure it will come around my area. I'd rather he do that and the band play the new material mixed with some classics. I'm cool with that. 

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2019, 10:37:58 PM »
WOW, just Wow  :o Man there is a lot to unpack here in this interview Geoff did with All That Shreds magazine that was published today.

https://allthatshreds.com/geoff-tate-i-am-queensryche/

1) He IS Queensryche?  ;D ???
2) The Scott Rockenfield situation comments, what is Scott on drugs? an alcoholic? has depression or a mental illness  :o :-\
3) He' kind of happy to end the long Operation Mindcrime anniversary tour to "present something new, A live application" is that what an Empire anniversary tour is?? something new ??  ??? :-\
WTF  :o

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2019, 07:09:51 PM »
I was going to outright call this bullshit and another asinine arrogant interview by Tate. My premise for that was how the interviewer pretty blatantly pushed his buttons I thought and baited him by saying that his recent vocal output did not  sound as good as how it sounds on the new Sweet Oblivion and also saying that he did not like the trilogy. Now I'm not so sure though after reading this on DTF regarding the Rockenfield comments as posted by Grappler
(remember him). If this is in fact true, why would Geoff put himself out there making that kind of statement. Obviously the interviewer felt the need to edit it out.  :-\     

Offline Grappler

Victory, Illinois Varsity

Re: Geoff Tate's "Operation: Mindcrime" (not Queensryche)

« Reply #1087 on: June 30, 2019, 06:43:13 PM »

The common implication when someone says that would be in reference to drug and alcohol problems, but people can have problems that aren't related to those as well. 

Edit:  The author of the interview claims to have omitted a comment from Geoff where he blatantly said that Scott is abusing drugs.

« Last Edit: Today at 08:01:34 AM by Grappler »

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2019, 10:32:33 PM »
hmmm the plot thickens. I'll say this much, when you basically vanish from damn near all existence for over two years like Scott did anything is pretty much possible and nothing pretty much would shock me in regards to what the hell is going on with him. Those types of issues have plagued many a rock star. The only thing that is questionable is the source (and no I'm not speaking about Grappler) Geoff Tate said it. I am curious as to where Grappler got that info that the interviewer omitted a direct comment referencing drug abuse, but given the nature of the allegation and whose mouth it came out of (Tate's), I don't blame the interviewer for omitting that information.

Maybe Geoff's the one using some substances after I saw his show last week. I mentioned he had a very in your face aggressive cockiness and swagger that night that definitely caught my attention.  :-\

Also of note, check out this interview that Simone Mularoni (Sweet Oblivion) did with Aardschok magazine. I found this on the same site (all that shreds magazine) that did that Tate interview when I went to look that site over and see if I could find anything in regards to that interviewer stating anything about omitting those comments. This interview was posted today and see's Mularoni saying Tate tried to sabotage the whole album and he has some less than desirable shit to say about the Tate's (yes, Geoff and Susan). My god is it April fools day? Is it July 1st or April 1st today. Now this is very interesting, for all you people that seemed to think that record was really good, it apparently could have been a lot better if someone else sang it  ;D

https://allthatshreds.com/simone-mularoni-says-geoff-tate-nearly-sabbotaged-sweet-oblivion/

Edit: also on a side note there has been no mention of any of this as of yet on Queensryche's band forum. I went and checked to see if anybody posted it and/or commented on it over there and so far neither of these interviews and their contents have been mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:12:21 PM by NJFIREFIGHTER »

I Remember Cow

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2019, 12:02:16 AM »
Am I the only one openly enjoying the drama? I mean... this guy is entertaining like a train wreck sometimes.

I smelled something was up, the way Tate answered the question of whether there'd be more Sweet Oblivion work .... you can just tell it's a crap answer.

I dunno man, I keep trying to sort of be impartial enough to dig both factions, but it takes a lot of humor I guess!

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2019, 12:35:17 AM »
Am I the only one openly enjoying the drama? I mean... this guy is entertaining like a train wreck sometimes.

I smelled something was up, the way Tate answered the question of whether there'd be more Sweet Oblivion work .... you can just tell it's a crap answer.

I dunno man, I keep trying to sort of be impartial enough to dig both factions, but it takes a lot of humor I guess!

Well, the only time we get a lot of activity on here is when there is drama lol, and there seems to be no shortage of it with Tate that is for sure, and Scott's strange disappearance as well. Your not kidding you have to have a sense of humor with this band  8) it was nice and quiet for a while now these latest interviews with Mularoni and Tate are gonna stir the fan base nest for sure at least us knuckleheads that pay attention to all this shit  :D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2019, 09:42:41 AM »

Hahaha, you’re not alone. Tate releasing a halfway decent album isn’t news enough. There has to be ridiculousness like this to surround it.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »

Well, the only time we get a lot of activity on here is when there is drama lol, and there seems to be no shortage of it with Tate that is for sure, and Scott's strange disappearance as well. Your not kidding you have to have a sense of humor with this band  8) it was nice and quiet for a while now these latest interviews with Mularoni and Tate are gonna stir the fan base nest for sure at least us knuckleheads that pay attention to all this shit  :D

Well if this latest Tate interview content has some legs and travels to the right places we may get some type of statement from Scott at some point soon finally, I know if I was him and I got wind of Tate talking shit like that I certainly would make a statement, especially if it isn't true. As of last night I noticed blabbermouth hadn't picked up either of those interviews yet. That is shocking, they seem to post something on Tate everytime he so much as farts over there. Give it time.