Author Topic: Geoff Tate Interviews  (Read 10363 times)

Setzer

• View Profile
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: Geoff Tate Interviews
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »
I guess he's gotta finish up touring Mindcrime so he can get started on touring the 30th anniversary of Empire. Ooof. At least Avantasia allows him a bit of fun and creativity, whereas all these anniversary tours are solely for the money.

"You gotta do the safe picture. Then you can do the art picture."
The problem is that you are correct.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
I'll make a bet right now that he resurfaces with a tour by years end or early into 2020 with an "Empire 30th anniversary tour" unless there is something in the court documents stating that he can't do that, which there probably isn't, You bet your ass he's gonna do that  ;D It was the bands biggest selling album and it's also an album the band doesn't play a lot from aside from Jet City, Empire and Lucidity. Don't say I didn't warn ya  :o

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
I'll make a bet right now that he resurfaces with a tour by years end or early into 2020 with an "Empire 30th anniversary tour" unless there is something in the court documents stating that he can't do that, which there probably isn't, You bet your ass he's gonna do that  ;D It was the bands biggest selling album and it's also an album the band doesn't play a lot from aside from Jet City, Empire and Lucidity. Don't say I didn't warn ya  :o

Nice, I'll get to see one of the last shows then later this month at the Sellersville Theatre in PA. (so he says  :-\ :-X).
I agree whole heartedly though with you here, he is ending this one to in all likelihood begin an Empire anniversary tour, and I'm ok with that because it would actually be a breath of fresh air 1) because he has done Mindcrime to death (as did the band when he was still in it, so much so that I can't even enjoy the damn thing like I used to anymore) and 2) why not, there are some great songs on that record that never get played much if at all and most of those songs he could pull of in his current vocal range I think (mostly) so that again is a tour I would go see. I don't think anything legally could prevent him from doing it but I never read the legal documents either , so I'm not familiar with what is in that agreement except the Mindcrime situation.   
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2019, 02:37:05 AM »
Yeah I think he has actually mentioned somewhere in one his interviews that he plans to tour Empire for the 30th.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 02:22:18 AM »
Well here it is in a new interview. He plans on touring heavily in 2020 doing an "Empire 30th Anniversary" tour and playing the album in its entirety. Another interesting tidbit, he has never personally met or sat in a room with the Sweet Oblivion guys, the whole album was made over the internet.

https://misplacedstraws.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-conversation-with-legendary-vocalist.html

Below is the Blabbermouth article for this, the comments section should be priceless I'm sure  ;D

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-to-perform-queensryches-entire-empire-album-on-30th-anniversary-world-tour-next-year/

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
Saw that one coming (regarding the Empire Anniversary tour). After giving a listen to the Sweet Oblivion album that is certainly not a surprise either. 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 01:03:57 AM »
I'm not surprised in the least but I'm very happy he will be doing that Empire anniversary tour with his band and not Queensryche, I will say that much. I think that whole reunion nonsense can be put to rest now for the foreseeable future, Thank God  ;D I will go see his Empire tour, I'm sure it will come around my area. I'd rather he do that and the band play the new material mixed with some classics. I'm cool with that. 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)