Author Topic: Geoff Tate Interviews  (Read 8934 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Geoff Tate Interviews
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »
LOL. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that tour. DeGarmo is done, dude hasn't played live in years. He has spent more time out of music at this point, than he did in music. Scott either is taking a break to settle legal issues or he doesn't wanna travel and tour and be away from home anymore, so he sure as fuck wouldn't do it in a spit proof hazmat suit touring bars with Tate all over the world.   ;D :-\
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 01:24:08 AM »
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-says-current-tour-might-be-the-last-time-he-will-perform-queensryches-entire-operation-mindcrime-album/

Key word here is "Might".  ::) :-\
"Might be the last time"...……… Than again...It might not be  C:-)

Geoff doesn't do math very well. He states by the time the 40th anniversary comes around he'll be in his 70's. Actually he would be just shy of 70. He just turned 59 in January. He'll be at about the 65 mark for the 35th, and will probably need a few bucks by that time. I predict one more go round  8) 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 01:50:07 AM »
Well, this is certainly going to get someone flying sky high
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-jokes-that-he-should-form-queensryche-tribute-band-with-scott-rockenfield-and-chris-degarmo/

Again commenting on the context to which he was speaking about in that interview about all these tribute bands making a damn good living playing other peoples shit. Get the Led Out, the Zeppelin tribute band that has been out there quite a while is playing a FOUR night stand at the Sellersville Theatre in PA, the place Tate played near me last week for one night (Tate's tickets were like $40 if I recall correctly). Get the Led Out is getting a range of $49.50 & $65 a ticket with a four night run.  :o WOW!

http://www.st94.com/event/1718825-get-led-out-sat-sep-1-sellersville/

livgrnfan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
From the interview:

"I wasn't actually even gonna do it again."
 ::)

"No, I wanna put it away."
 ::)

Typical Tate interview unreliability.  That being said, he definitely sounds better on this 30th anniversary round than he did during his 25th anniversary round.  As long as this keeps him from trying to reunite/take over Queensryche again, I don't care what happens.

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »
So next year's tour cycle will be most of Mindcrime and some more Empire songs which gets him to 2020 when he can tour Empire's anniversary top to bottom

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 06:49:02 PM »
Empire will be next no doubt, what else is left?

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
I figure I'd post this recent interview here. https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/geoff-tate-eonmusic-interview-november-2018.html

I know that many fans are clamouring over the possibilities of what would go into an Empire boxset, but my biggest takeaway from this interview is when Geoff Tate talks about releasing individual tracks instead of releasing a full album:

Back to the present, and 2017 saw the release of the final part of ‘The Key’ trilogy; have you any plans to return to the studio?

You know, I am touring a lot lately, but as I’m touring I’m also working on recording, making music. I have my portable studio out with me at all times. I’m working on releasing some tracks. I’m going to do some individual released tracks over the next few months. I have several I’ve been working on and getting them ready to release. I can’t tell you when I’m going to release the first one, but I think it’s going to be soon.

It is nice to have a little less pressure, to be able to release individual tracks instead of albums?

Yeah, it is. And also, releasing them individually is kind of a neat idea because you can really get more topical with subject matter, because it pertains to the now, rather than writing a whole album and then releasing it two years after you’ve written the first song. This is like; you write a song, and then you release it within a month of writing it. It’s a whole different kind of immediacy about the music; it makes it seem more relevant to what’s going on in the world with yourself as an observer.

This is pretty much a completely opposite view of releasing music Tate has had as recently as last year, where an interviewer asked if Tate would ever release individual tracks, but Tate pretty much balked and said "no it's albums, man. It's always gotta be an album." So it's nice to see Tate finally branch out - as far as music distribution goes - and try something outside of his comfort zone.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2018, 11:08:11 AM »
Probably not a bad idea for him to pursue, considering his trilogy wasn't exactly very warmly received to say the least. If you liked OM2, American Soldier and DTC you probably enjoyed some of that work. I didn't find of much of value on those last Queensryche albums with Tate and only a smattering of songs from the trilogy are worthy of any real re-listening to me.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2019, 03:16:55 AM »

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2019, 10:08:57 AM »
Here's the YT link if you want to avoid Blabbermouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRUVfa2mHHU

I like when he talks about the original Mindcrime album and says: "We went into it with the idea of no limits — that we were going to worry how to play it live later, that we didn't want to put any restrictions on ourselves by saying, 'Well, we can't write this part, because how would we ever do that?' We just went for it, really."

I really like that way of thinking, honestly. As much as I appreciate the "don't put on the record what you can't pull off live" philosophy, I also appreciate bands that really take advantage of the studio experience to make something you might not necessarily be able to pull off live, but that you really want to record.

Also, everybody drink.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:14:31 AM by Rockox »
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 03:14:58 PM »
We should have a No Limits thread >:D
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs