Author Topic: Geoff Tate Interviews  (Read 7089 times)

christophercale

• View Profile
Geoff Tate Interviews
« on: October 06, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »
You gotta love yourself, right?    ;)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tates-favorite-singer-is-still-geoff-tate/

While answering questions from fans on Twitter this past Saturday (October 4), former QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate was asked: "Not including yourself, who is your favor[ite] vocalist?" He replied: "Still me"

Christopher

** Thread edited by Grappler to condense all interviews into one thread.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:12:35 PM by Grappler »

RTM

• View Profile
Re: Geoff Tate is Geoff Tate's favorite singer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
I took the comment as light humor when I was reading the tweets, nothing serious.

...but reading through those blabbermouth comments is still quite amusing.

BeelziBob

• Formerly known as Chylde of Fyre
    • View Profile

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Geoff Tate Interviews
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
he better hope so, for the sake of his career. much like Queensryche needed to really bring it and make a statement on S/T. If Geoff doesn't up his game on this next one, he is going to either be scraping nickels together or touring Mindcrime into infinity, or both.
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

RoadWarrior21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
Asked if the OPERATION: MINDCRIME album will be a band situation or more of a solo release, Tate said: "I'm in kind of a unique position now where I can work with who I want to work with. And I'm not in that band situation where it all has to be democratic and that kind of thing anymore. I respect that and I was part of that for many years. But I'm really enjoying the freedom of having different players play with me and sit in. It's really inspiring."

So, in other words, OM is just going to be a Geoff Tate solo act with a different backing band. That's all fine and good, I suppose, but it makes me wonder what the point is of the whole thing, because at this late date anyone who knows Mindcrime is going to know Geoff Tate. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, you could say.

And how is his doing his own thing any different than the situation during the Tateryche years, other than the fact that the hired guns he has now will happily just sit there and play?

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
I figure it will be that band, plus some assorted guests again kinda following the FU template for this endeavor.

I gotta say, after reading that interview, He might be making a pretty smart business decision doing it like this. If like many suspect as the touring income levels off and it may well get more difficult to pay the likes of Rudy and Simon. Here it seems he's goin to tap that resource while its available and record all in one shot a series of three albums, that will be released one by one giving him material to put out there for the next three years. This way should Rudy, Simon or both split in the near furure, or he can no longer afford their services and goes back to some concoction of Jason Ames, Kelly and Randy for live shows the trilogy recordings are already complete and in the bag. This gives him a record a year to toss out there and gives him three years he can tour that stuff and queensryche hits utilizing his promoter connections .....

MY Speculation takes over from here.... then leading up to another big Mindcrime 1 & 2 tour production three years down the road after its been a while and its marketable again, after that tour takes up the better part of a year and a half... That then would lead us to about five years from now, and He probably believes that by then Todd will be gone or that their momentum has rode its course and dwindled and he can try and persuade the band to go for the, dare I say, Reunion tour payday? hmmmm time will tell if my thought logic is even anywhere in the ballpark.   

RoadWarrior21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
I still have my doubts as to whether that trilogy will ever see the light of day. Even with his bastardized version of QR Tate could only get a record deal with a tiny bubble-gum-and-bailing-wire label, and he made such a fool of himself all-around with that project I have a hard time believing anyone else is going to take a chance on him.

And I could be wrong, but assuming Todd sticks around, once the momentum is gone, QR will be hanging it up. Even if he doesn't, I don't see Tate coming back. Ever. Those bridges have just been thoroughly burned in so many ways, IMO.

Might be a good alternate topic in and of itself, though.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• The Sensation of the Cherokee Nation.
    • View Profile
    • WÖR Party
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
I don't think we will ever see Tate in a Rÿche context again with any legitmacy.  Sure, he'll charicature his interpretation via karaoke over Mitt Riffs, but that's it.

If, and I dare say it would be a monumentally huge "if" of apocolyptic proportions, the only way I could ever see him on stage as a participant in the legitimate Rÿche brand again would be as a modest flat rate, hired individual.  The boys won't let him anywhere near the coorporate infrastructure ever again.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing...

christophercale

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »
This just popped up on YouTube.   Even though it was posted on 12/12, this must have been conducted back when he was still on tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5qJC7mOQ6k

Christopher

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
CRR interview with Martin Popoff: Second album of the Key trilogy being finalized.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/show_interview.php?id=1156

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 11:04:31 PM »
April Tate interview with Canada's The Metal Voice:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-rules-out-return-to-queensryche/

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »
There was an interesting thing on Operation: Mindcrime's FB page recently, where Tate answered some fan-submitted questions:

https://www.facebook.com/operationmindcrimeband/posts/10157721302250523

"4. I've never had the opportunity to attend the real Queensryche in concert. Do you think there will ever be a chance to kiss and make up with the other guys?? I hope yes though the chances are probably 0. But never say NotInThisLifetime

"Hi Roby,
I have been playing with a lot of different musicians and I enjoy it immensely. I would welcome playing with Eddie, Michael, Scott and Chris either together or separately at any time. I never had a problem with any of them. I was hurt for a while and especially with things that were said that were aimed at hurting me but I understand that one person in particular was going through something and I had no idea what until recently. I was sad to know we couldn't have spoken about everything and avoided the fight and in the end I would just say that I have a love for all of them. I started playing music with them so long ago and they are, each one of them, a part of my story and I don't regret any of them. You can't really love some one for so long and think that love will disappear completely. We made Queensryche, each and every one of us. It was all of us and in our own ways we made it what it was. It becomes less and less of a living thing and more of a commercial entity with each change of players."

Sure is a change from things he's said over the last year, innit?
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.