Author Topic: The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!  (Read 10005 times)

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
Re: The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 06:51:29 PM »
To clarify 'Rock', I believe Akin was banned because of the "Warning" episode back in August 2015. That was when the BDR reopened and as a result, 'EOL' responded on the CMS Facebook page.

Also, the 2013 discussion/debate I was referring to was indeed about Akin's interview with Tate. 'End Of Line' was dissatisfied with the questions (apparently Akin wasn't "calling him out" like 'EOL would  :D... ::)) and 'tribefan' was essentially busting his chops about how uptight he gets when it comes to Queensryche. It was pretty funny from what I recall.  :)

I remember thinking had that been ANY other "regular" member 'End Of Line' would have immediately dismissed their comments publicly before locking the thread if popular opinion wasn't in his favor. Just another example of his blatant inconsistency when it came to enforcing the "rules". :-[

I getcha. There were a couple threads, one was "Vest to appear on CMS soon, full FU preview next week" and the other was "Geoff Tate to appear on the CLASSIC METAL SHOW Saturday" and there may have been some other discussion spilled over to the main CMS thread, whatever that one was called.

Even before Chris interviewed Tate, people figured he wouldn't ask any tough questions. So Chris (as tribefan) once posted on June 28, 2013: "I can say I honestly am enjoying finding out how big a pussy I am at interviewing, and how I'm going to throw softballs at Tate when he's on July 6th on THE CLASSIC METAL SHOW."

And you're right, O:Q. Dismissive posts like that (and I'm pretty sure he fired back with a lot more that the admins would consider to be worse) would've slammed him in BDR jail so fast if he were a "regular" poster. But because of his stature - in addition to him having a voice on the CMS - he was able to get away with it.

What I didn't know about was Blackbird commenting on the CMS Facebook page. I don't remember seeing anything at the time, even though I was following them then. If there was a back-and-forth between Blackbird and Chris (who runs the CMS FB page) do you remember what was said?

Regarding the CMS Facebook page, it was just a couple of comments. 'End Of Line' said (I'm paraphrasing) if the guys dislike the site so much why talk about it? He claimed they were upset because EOL banned Akin, etc. For his part, Akin simply poked fun at the situation, saying he was "hurt" by the ban. You get the idea ( :'(... :D).

I didn't come across it until October 2016. Again, all that actually took place in Aug. 2015.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
Regarding the CMS Facebook page, it was just a couple of comments. 'End Of Line' said (I'm paraphrasing) if the guys dislike the site so much why talk about it? He claimed they were upset because EOL banned Akin, etc. For his part, Akin simply poked fun at the situation, saying he was "hurt" by the ban. You get the idea ( :'(... :D).

I didn't come across it until October 2016. Again, all that actually took place in Aug. 2015.

If Blackbird more or less said "if you guys dislike the site so much, why talk about it?" then he has NO idea what the CMS is about. At all. The CMS goofs on people all the time, and they like to rip on people, like Blackbird, who take themselves WAY too seriously.

I'm sure all that stuff has been wiped on FB by now anyway. At least I couldn't find it.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »

If Blackbird more or less said "if you guys dislike the site so much, why talk about it?" then he has NO idea what the CMS is about. At all. The CMS goofs on people all the time, and they like to rip on people, like Blackbird, who take themselves WAY too seriously.

I'm sure all that stuff has been wiped on FB by now anyway. At least I couldn't find it.

I remember around the time of the Akin interview 'End Of Line' said he was a "fan" of the CMS. He mentioned that the scope of the show is one that "mocks" everybody. Nothing or nobody is off limits, etc. Of course, I presume the owners' opinions changed when they and their fan forum's rules became the butt of their jokes.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 09:58:44 AM »
I remember around the time of the Akin interview 'End Of Line' said he was a "fan" of the CMS. He mentioned that the scope of the show is one that "mocks" everybody. Nothing or nobody is off limits, etc. Of course, I presume the owners' opinions changed when they and their fan forum's rules became the butt of their jokes.

Makes you wonder if one of the reasons Blackbird deleted/hid the BDR from the public is so that the CMS couldn't ever go back and make more fun of the site.

The Real Geoff Tate made an appearance recently. Good stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ja60hVSCU4
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 11:44:14 AM »
I stumbled upon something on Facebook the other day. On April 3, 2014, the CMS had posted a screencap of the following posts from the BDR:

Quote from briandavis419:
"A classic segment by the Classic Metal Show. Try to laugh at yourself a little bit. This isn't life and death but just a forum."

[Given the timeframe, I'm assuming this guy posted a link to the CMS ep "The Death of the Breakdown Room."]

ahrayeph:
"This post also classifies as baiting. Consider yourself warned.

"This forum may shut down when the band and Vest have settled, but until that time, like ACR already pointed out, it will be moderated in the same way it always has."

briandavis419:
"Don't worry. I am done here. I won't miss the fact that if you are not of the same opinion as the moderators, then you will be warned, berated, etc. Funny how people weren't warned about baiting when Tate, Sarzo, etc were being criticized (only 100+ pages and counting).

"Again, congratulations to the Classic Metal Show for putting this site into perspective as one that never could laugh at itself and took itself way too seriously."

The CMS posted the following along with the above screencap:

"Freedom of speech, as long as you agree.

"Your standing up for the CMS is thanked Brian...but don't bother. Really not important in the grand scheme of things at all. The whole hypocrisy of starting a site to be allowed to freely say that you don't agree with something to then only censor opinion when it doesn't match yours - laughable."

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2017, 10:14:44 PM »
I stumbled upon something on Facebook the other day. On April 3, 2014, the CMS had posted a screencap of the following posts from the BDR:

Quote from briandavis419:
"A classic segment by the Classic Metal Show. Try to laugh at yourself a little bit. This isn't life and death but just a forum."

[Given the timeframe, I'm assuming this guy posted a link to the CMS ep "The Death of the Breakdown Room."]

ahrayeph:
"This post also classifies as baiting. Consider yourself warned.

"This forum may shut down when the band and Vest have settled, but until that time, like ACR already pointed out, it will be moderated in the same way it always has."

briandavis419:
"Don't worry. I am done here. I won't miss the fact that if you are not of the same opinion as the moderators, then you will be warned, berated, etc. Funny how people weren't warned about baiting when Tate, Sarzo, etc were being criticized (only 100+ pages and counting).

"Again, congratulations to the Classic Metal Show for putting this site into perspective as one that never could laugh at itself and took itself way too seriously."

The CMS posted the following along with the above screencap:

"Freedom of speech, as long as you agree.

"Your standing up for the CMS is thanked Brian...but don't bother. Really not important in the grand scheme of things at all. The whole hypocrisy of starting a site to be allowed to freely say that you don't agree with something to then only censor opinion when it doesn't match yours - laughable."

Great find 'Rock'. Thanks for posting ( 8)).

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »
Was just enjoying these again  ;D it never gets old  >:D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
Before Blackbird got all pissy at the CMS, he actually appeared on the show at one point. Does anyone remember this? I just realized we never posted it here. His appearance starts at 10:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-syfJBdvrfo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »
Before Blackbird got all pissy at the CMS, he actually appeared on the show at one point. Does anyone remember this? I just realized we never posted it here. His appearance starts at 10:00.

Yes, this link is also on page 1 of the worldwide-viewed and critically acclaimed online biography called The Beat Down Room--- for those who originally missed it. Good idea Rock to post it here as well. :D

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2018, 04:50:55 PM »

Yes, this link is also on page 1 of the worldwide-viewed and critically acclaimed online biography called The Beat Down Room--- for those who originally missed it. Good idea Rock to post it here as well. :D

NICE!  >:D we have a new description for that thread now  ;D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 09:25:42 AM »

Goddamn it, I missed it there. Thanks O:Q. Welp, back to drinking then.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »
You alright over there Rockox?, that's a couple drinking references there in the last few days. What's it a holiday up there this week?  :D
I've got a 1-800 number around here somewhere, if you need assistance  C:-)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:54 AM »
Hahaha, probably just my lack of sleep. All good up here. I'll stay hydrated.  8)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »
https://youtu.be/9z4FxaIAR70

Hahaha not even Neeley can get excited about the new Scott rumour. And he was able to make reading forum rules entertaining.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
Understandably, they seem rather bored and unimpressed with Broke Ass Brian hahaha, love that moniker, as well as whether Scott were to move on or not with Tate, the only shocker being because Tate repeatedly spat upon him.
Who pray tell is this Rockox Von Scumbag fella? HAHA  ;D :o