Author Topic: The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!  (Read 11231 times)

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »
Did I mention I have the WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! sound as the ringtone on my phone?

I have the WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! sound as the ringtone on my phone.  ;D
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »
Gotta get me one of those  ;D LOL

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
I just realized that the one CMS segment where the guys first mockingly overemphasize BDR's name was never posted here. Might as well toss it up here so they're all in one place. Funny stuff.

What's the Name of that Message Board? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezOqw7WVCc

Chris' interview with Geoff Tate (for context): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZVGbfvEyaQ
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:15:28 PM by Rockox »
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »
It never gets old. Funny shit. The WARNING! one was the best. When I get a chance I'm gonna contact them guys and give them some inside info and point them to this site and see if they react and take an interest  :D

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 02:41:39 PM »
I bet it pisses him off too, that if you search the bdr that's like the second thing that comes up HAHA  8)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 09:44:32 PM »
It never gets old. Funny shit. The WARNING! one was the best. When I get a chance I'm gonna contact them guys and give them some inside info and point them to this site and see if they react and take an interest  :D

I thought about doin it myself, but I'm not on social media, which appears to be the main way to get in touch with them guys. I didn't see a direct email to the show when I looked. I suppose could call in and try to get the producer to put me on with one of them, or if nothin else at least give the producer the info to tell them to check out this site and which threads to check out and give a quick reference as to why they might be interested in it.

If anybody out there corresponds with them guys and their show on social media feel free to point them here   :D
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
In due time  8)
WARNING!!!!
Have to bump this up the list. I had to get my monthly listen in for a good laugh.

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »
Apparently Geoff was on the show again recently promoting 'Resurrection' according to Blabbermouth. Can RTM be far behind ( :o)?

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 09:46:20 AM »
Neeley did interview Geoff Tate recently, and it was a weird interview. Tate just sounded distracted or something. The guys even talked about it the following week, saying that it was just...weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2G_n38K_M4

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
Time for a sequel....Death of the Breakdown Room part II  ;D ;D ;D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
One thing I always wondered was how many of the BDR members actually heard that "Warning! Warning! Warning!" episode when it first aired. Because it certainly wasn't discussed publically on the BDR forums in ANY form. I imagine at least one or two posters would've heard it and brought it to Blackbird's attention.

How funny would it be if the first time the admins heard it was when they read about it in this thread? Hahahaha.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »
One thing I always wondered was how many of the BDR members actually heard that "Warning! Warning! Warning!" episode when it first aired. Because it certainly wasn't discussed publically on the BDR forums in ANY form. I imagine at least one or two posters would've heard it and brought it to Blackbird's attention.

How funny would it be if the first time the admins heard it was when they read about it in this thread? Hahahaha.

I believe 'EOL' and Akin had a little tiff about it on the CMS Facebook page around the time the old site re-opened. Chris was banned (as 'tribefan') so 'EOL' said he had nothing better to do than complain about the site simply because of that. Apparently 'End Of Line' took it as free publicity for himself ( :D.. ::)).

Hopefully their somewhat contentious 2013 "discussion" will find its way to the Beat Down Room someday. Just saying.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 09:39:23 AM »
I believe 'EOL' and Akin had a little tiff about it on the CMS Facebook page around the time the old site re-opened. Chris was banned (as 'tribefan') so 'EOL' said he had nothing better to do than complain about the site simply because of that. Apparently 'End Of Line' took it as free publicity for himself ( :D.. ::)).

Hopefully their somewhat contentious 2013 "discussion" will find its way to the Beat Down Room someday. Just saying.

Oh, I certainly didn't hear about THAT. I think I knew Chris' "tribefan" account had been banned (because Chris had said as much on the CMS), but I didn't really know why. I knew Blackbird criticized Chris for soft-balling Geoff Tate in an interview, saying he didn't ask any of those hard-hitting questions Blackbird is known for asking  ;) but I didn't think that would be reason enough for Chris to get banned.

So if Blackbird banned Chris, it would've been from that one BDR rule that basically says not to talk shit about the BDR anywhere else in the world? Jeepers, that's petty. But I guess those rules are a convenient way for Blackbird to ban anyone who's not towing his line.

Related, if there had been any discussion about the CMS segment on the BDR (because I was still a member at that point), I was prepared to simply say that I thought Blackbird could use the publicity. After all, if you listen to the podcast, you'll know that there was no malice in my tweet to Neeley.

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

Oh, I certainly didn't hear about THAT. I think I knew Chris' "tribefan" account had been banned (because Chris had said as much on the CMS), but I didn't really know why. I knew Blackbird criticized Chris for soft-balling Geoff Tate in an interview, saying he didn't ask any of those hard-hitting questions Blackbird is known for asking  ;) but I didn't think that would be reason enough for Chris to get banned.

So if Blackbird banned Chris, it would've been from that one BDR rule that basically says not to talk shit about the BDR anywhere else in the world? Jeepers, that's petty. But I guess those rules are a convenient way for Blackbird to ban anyone who's not towing his line.

Related, if there had been any discussion about the CMS segment on the BDR (because I was still a member at that point), I was prepared to simply say that I thought Blackbird could use the publicity. After all, if you listen to the podcast, you'll know that there was no malice in my tweet to Neeley.

To clarify 'Rock', I believe Akin was banned because of the "Warning" episode back in August 2015. That was when the BDR reopened and as a result, 'EOL' responded on the CMS Facebook page.

Also, the 2013 discussion/debate I was referring to was indeed about Akin's interview with Tate. 'End Of Line' was dissatisfied with the questions (apparently Akin wasn't "calling him out" like 'EOL would  :D... ::)) and 'tribefan' was essentially busting his chops about how uptight he gets when it comes to Queensryche. It was pretty funny from what I recall.  :)

I remember thinking had that been ANY other "regular" member 'End Of Line' would have immediately dismissed their comments publicly before locking the thread if popular opinion wasn't in his favor. Just another example of his blatant inconsistency when it came to enforcing the "rules". :-[

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »
To clarify 'Rock', I believe Akin was banned because of the "Warning" episode back in August 2015. That was when the BDR reopened and as a result, 'EOL' responded on the CMS Facebook page.

Also, the 2013 discussion/debate I was referring to was indeed about Akin's interview with Tate. 'End Of Line' was dissatisfied with the questions (apparently Akin wasn't "calling him out" like 'EOL would  :D... ::)) and 'tribefan' was essentially busting his chops about how uptight he gets when it comes to Queensryche. It was pretty funny from what I recall.  :)

I remember thinking had that been ANY other "regular" member 'End Of Line' would have immediately dismissed their comments publicly before locking the thread if popular opinion wasn't in his favor. Just another example of his blatant inconsistency when it came to enforcing the "rules". :-[

I getcha. There were a couple threads, one was "Vest to appear on CMS soon, full FU preview next week" and the other was "Geoff Tate to appear on the CLASSIC METAL SHOW Saturday" and there may have been some other discussion spilled over to the main CMS thread, whatever that one was called.

Even before Chris interviewed Tate, people figured he wouldn't ask any tough questions. So Chris (as tribefan) once posted on June 28, 2013: "I can say I honestly am enjoying finding out how big a pussy I am at interviewing, and how I'm going to throw softballs at Tate when he's on July 6th on THE CLASSIC METAL SHOW."

And you're right, O:Q. Dismissive posts like that (and I'm pretty sure he fired back with a lot more that the admins would consider to be worse) would've slammed him in BDR jail so fast if he were a "regular" poster. But because of his stature - in addition to him having a voice on the CMS - he was able to get away with it.

What I didn't know about was Blackbird commenting on the CMS Facebook page. I don't remember seeing anything at the time, even though I was following them then. If there was a back-and-forth between Blackbird and Chris (who runs the CMS FB page) do you remember what was said?