Author Topic: The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!  (Read 11230 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!
« on: January 15, 2016, 12:40:45 AM »
These first few I'm posting up are priceless, these guys are somethin else. Funny shit and spot on. These are too good not to be posted up and shared. I'll try and dig up a few of the first few "The Real Geoff Tate" episodes also, they are hilarious as well.

*** VULGAR LANGUAGE WARNING ON THESE***

https://www.spreaker.com/user/cmsrocks/warning-warning-warning-the-breakdown-ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F12082RzTU8

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+classic+metal+show&&view=detail&mid=AFC260B7A34AEFE2FB57AFC260B7A34AEFE2FB57&FORM=VRDGAR

Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
Re: The Classic Metal Show ....Priceless Episodes!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:09:06 PM »
The hosts of the show definitely make some fair points and are justified in their criticisms in these particular episodes. However, I'd also add that their "humor" is more annoying than funny, at least to me ( ::) ). But I digress (  8) ).

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 06:09:06 PM »
I'd say more than fair points lol, more like DEAD ON.  8) but hey, they made them not me , I just post links  ;D

But ya know... It has been a constant never ending spew of hot air over there lately dissecting and denouncing the band, That I don't even know why they waste all their time and effort having a Queensryche site, so that being said , everybodys fair game to be dissected and denounced I guess  ;D that is if you have the platform to do so. Which I happen to have   ;)

They're humor on that show is an acquired taste, but I like the subject matter at hand in those few, and thoroughly enjoyed those and The Real Geoff Tate episodes.   

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
I'd say more than fair points lol, more like DEAD ON.  8) but hey, they made them not me , I just post links  ;D

But ya know... It has been a constant never ending spew of hot air over there lately dissecting and denouncing the band, That I don't even know why they waste all their time and effort having a Queensryche site, so that being said , everybodys fair game to be dissected and denounced I guess  ;D that is if you have the platform to do so. Which I happen to have   ;)

They're humor on that show is an acquired taste, but I like the subject matter at hand in those few, and thoroughly enjoyed those and The Real Geoff Tate episodes.   

Yes, I realize their brand of humor is part of the show's appeal to many. If it works for them and their listeners, more power to 'em. On the subject they're referring to though, I think straight-ahead commentary would be much more effective. And arguably MORE entertaining. Still, your point is well taken though. Great comments ( 8) ).

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:13:58 AM »
I used to listen to their podcasts every week, but I stopped having the time to listen to everything from their 5-hour weekly show (or whatever it is). So I just cherry-pick a few podcast episodes that sound interesting. I like these guys, mostly because virtually everyone is fair game in their criticisms. I'm currently enjoying the #rattlivesmatter movement that's going on...
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:42:52 AM »
Funny shit, that was hilarious  ;D you must be the rockox that called that in I'm assuming? Ha Ha. Those guys are good. Never joined that site for just that reason, always seemed like a bunch of assholes ran it and too strict over there. 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »
"bunch of assholes", "strict" ....hmmm go figure, I never noticed  ;D

If you only knew (or maybe you do)  ::)

Check out the "State of the band and brand 2014" thread  ;D 

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 01:59:36 PM »
Oh I'm aware, I wouldn't be here if they were still here. Thanks for taking out the trash and getting rid of them.

That thread shows how early the seeds were sown for what was to become what they are now, which is why they never should have reopened that place.   

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 12:39:09 PM »
I wouldn't be here either LMFAO  ;D I would have been permanently banned and never had the opportunity to take the reigns. But to clarify...I never banned or kicked anyone out for any board/site violations, in fact, I've never even issued a "WARNING" lol to anyone since I took over here, however when one of my initial moderators was involved in a situation over at the "Breakballs Room" and got banned over there, that turned into a situation that warranted my banning their mods, but I rescinded that after a couple months.

So the "TRASH" left on their own accord and removed themselves for the most part and birdbrain left before that even transpired. They can't handle criticism ya know (lol) much less strong opinionated people (like themselves) whose opinions vastly differ from and challenge theirs (ME). Do you really think they would have stuck around here and had the balls to challenge and debate me on a plethora of disagreements without having total control of the mute, warning, and ban buttons (short answer: F**K NO) I even left them alone for a while at first trying to bait them into sticking around so I'd get an opportunity to call them out, and debate Birdbrains obvious personal issues with member(s) of the band that has led him on his anti Todd kick and trash talk on everything from the bands set list, Todd's vocals, choice of tour venues and tour itinerary, and every other god damn thing hoping to get a good FAIR 10 rounder in without getting muted after the first round and banned like I was when initially suspended here and then ultimately banned over there.

FACT: Anyone who has ever debated, strongly and vocally criticized or called them out on any of their soap box rants and opinions are in a group classified as "former members" of whichever particular site they have been involved with. but yet they can openly criticize anything they want under of the guise of "They have a right and a freedom of opinion" yeah well so does everybody the f**K else. Which is why, if I choose to do so, I can dissect, criticize and tear their site and their opinions a new ass. I just can't do it from there cause I'm not allowed to, but I'm allowed to here and nobody can stop me. In fact I ought to merge this shit into one topic and do exactly that so that anybody who can't call out their bullshit over there can at least do so here, without repercussion of course.

A little history. Help me out on the time frames if anyone here remembers, I don't feel like doing the research at the moment. The breakballs room closed after stating they had served their purpose of helping get rid of Tate (through the same tactics currently being used to try and diminish Todd currently IMO) and I speculate birdbrain had a little assistance in shutting that site down due to his involvement in the legal process with the whole band vs Tate situation.

Then came the "Open Road" a site that was started after the "breakballs room' had shut down (but prior to this site forming) that site was ran and moderated by, if my memory serves me correct Grappler, Shadow Walker and Grendelsan with a heavy presence and influence asserted by Birdbrain and the misses- however they stayed  in the background , if you will (I believe a forced lower profile-due again to the legal issues at the time IMO) that site if memory serves me, quickly and abruptly closed and ceased operations without a lot of warning or heads up and none of the material there was ever archived and there isn't much of a trace of it (many speculations as to why this happened) which could be another whole topic for discussion.

Then this site rose from the ashes of "The Open Road", This site began under the operation of RTM along with Grappler and Shadow Walker (I believe it was) and had a heavy presence of birdbrain and the misses and no one was allowed to call them out or negatively question anything they had to say without repercussions from the mods, some of which is archived right here in the "State of the band and brand thread and I believe at least one other thread on here if you read through the older Queensryche threads. This site was off and running and shortly thereafter the breakballs room announced a reopening and this site was slated to run out its contract with the server and be closed. That's when I jumped in and approached the rights and contract holder to take the site over back in August of last year and then took the reigns in September (2015).

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 10:22:33 PM »
I wondered what happened to The Open Road forum, that site seemed to close down in short order and theres no trace of it on an internet search, the search leads to either here or that other site we're discussing, I'm assuming by the pet names you keep using you don't want them mentioned by name lol. A picture of the site does come up on the search engine so you can see the home page screen shot.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 10:48:56 PM »
I gotta think back, My memory is a little vague of the timelines on The Open Road forum site. I don't remember ever getting into any trouble over there with the authorities that ran that site, at least not to the point of getting a detention or having to stand in the corner lmao and considering it was operated by the same gang of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  (fill in the blanks), that site couldn't have been open for very long  ;D if memory serves I don't think it even lasted six months, may have even been more like four. I'll try to think back and remember better and put those pieces together.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:59:06 PM »
The BDR originally ended in April 2014 around the time the settlement was announced. That same month, 'The Open Road' commenced and unfortunately ceased to exist by mid-Sept. 2014.

Effective 9/1/14 Geoff's version of "Queensryche" also ceased to exist per the agreement. On 9/3/14 a substantial number of posts were deleted on 'TOR' which eventually led to everything on that site being completely removed from the Internet by 9/30/14.

The next day, we were all on the 'Roads To Madness' (figuratively AND literally... ;D) in more ways than one! Three sites in LESS than ONE calendar year. Yikes ( :o )! Not to mention with the majority of the SAME members intact. That speaks volumes for our loyalty to Queensryche AND all three sites, if nothing else.

Even though the rules remained virtually identical between them (for better or worse), in retrospect I think that decision left it open for the BDR to return without hesitance regardless if the site's original "mission" had been "accomplished". Just my observation, mind you.

Of course, most of you know the rest. The first version of 'RTM' began on 10/1/14 which lasted until the end of August 2015. The next month, 'NJF' took the site over and has continued since, albeit with a vastly different approach that showcases an overall history of rock and roll. 

There's room for EVERYBODY to have a platform these days. As it should be ( 8) ). Interesting comments and trip down memory lane 'NJF'. Respect.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »
Oh, and to answer your question Dream Evil, Yeah I'd rather use my pet names (that's a good one LOL) as you called them.
A) I'd rather not give them any promotion and advertisement, so "the break balls room" or the like will suffice, and "dark feathered friend or Birdbrain and the misses or Excretia (there's a good one LOL) we can stay that course.
B) I'd like to keep any actual names of people and things of that nature off limits. We can dissect, quote, debate, and discuss anything involving that site and those people as long as the vulgarity is kept in check and actual names or personal information is not utilized. I think that's fair. That and it protects us all from any kinda legalities by keeping their names and identities out of it. Anybody posting in this thread or reading this section of the forum that has been coming here since the beginning knows what and who we're talking about. We don't need to elaborate beyond that. Their site and what is said on Todd and Queensryche's face book page and all that shit is open for public view and criticism. No different than what they do.     

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
A few more bits and pieces added in there to stretch it out a bit and we have ourselves the beginnings of a biography OQ good work.  ;D

The obvious questions are what was the real reason for all that....The closing of "breakballs room", the sudden disappearance of "The Open Road" and all the deleted posts followed by the evaporation of all trace of contents from the internet?? hmmm, and the timing of the "break balls room" re-opening to quote CELEBRATE THE RETURN OF QUEENSRYCHE LMAO until somebody's frosted flakes were seriously PISSED UPON  ::) Perhaps a court order expired. Perhaps one was the cause of the Open Road debacle...Ahhh to have been a fly on the wall.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
The BDR originally ended in April 2014 around the time the settlement was announced. That same month, 'The Open Road' commenced and unfortunately ceased to exist by mid-Sept. 2014.

Effective 9/1/14 Geoff's version of "Queensryche" also ceased to exist per the agreement. On 9/3/14 a substantial number of posts were deleted on 'TOR' which eventually led to everything on that site being completely removed from the Internet by 9/30/14.

The next day, we were all on the 'Roads To Madness' (figuratively AND literally... ;D) in more ways than one! Three sites in LESS than ONE calendar year. Yikes ( :o )! Not to mention with the majority of the SAME members intact. That speaks volumes for our loyalty to Queensryche AND all three sites, if nothing else.

Even though the rules remained virtually identical between them (for better or worse), in retrospect I think that decision left it open for the BDR to return without hesitance regardless if the site's original "mission" had been "accomplished". Just my observation, mind you.

Of course, most of you know the rest. The first version of 'RTM' began on 10/1/14 which lasted until the end of August 2015. The next month, 'NJF' took the site over and has continued since, albeit with a vastly different approach that showcases an overall history of rock and roll. 

There's room for EVERYBODY to have a platform these days. As it should be ( 8) ). Interesting comments and trip down memory lane 'NJF'. Respect.

Very interesting those time lines there. That all that went down in that small time frame coinciding with the court case. I didn't think The Open Road was around very long.