Author Topic: Dokken  (Read 5107 times)

Sully NM_156

• View Profile
Re: Dokken
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »
Don has been done for a while now.  While they can hide it in the studio (Broken Bones was decent IMO), live there is no where to hide.  What he should do is hire Jeff Scott Soto to do lead vocals on tour.  Don could still write the songs, produce, sing backing vocals and MC the live shows, but he really needs to step down as a singer.  Its been done before, Jon Olivia stepped down from vocals on Savatage and they brought in Zak Stevens.  Jon was still on stage behind the keyboards and sang a couple songs here and there.  Yeah, they'd have to be willing to split things 5 ways instead of 4, but at least that way they'd be able to still tour and maybe generate some interest.  As it is, as much as I like Dokken have no interest in seeming them live right now

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2019, 10:19:12 PM »
Agreed Sully, your not kidding. Brace yourself for this one. Jack Russell can't even help him. For the love of God Don hang it up. This is fucking atrocious, just listen to Into the Fire and Alone Again, that's all you need to subject yourself to hear. BRUTAL! I wouldn't attend a backyard BBQ that he was playing for free at this stage of the game cause I'd be afraid I'd probably end up pelting him with eggs or rocks or something  :( 

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-don-dokken-and-jack-russell-perform-acoustic-set-in-beaver-dam-kentucky/
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »
Come ON man. Don's guitar isn't even in tune. Man, what a bummer that was.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 05:17:01 PM »
Yeah, the guitar playing on that wasn't much better, that was painful. how the hell can Jack even sit next to that shit with a straight face. I wasn't even there and I was wincing just watching the video of it  :o

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
Dokken and Lynch Mob touring together in 2020, along with Lita Ford with a special encore performance of Don and George performing together.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dokken-lynch-mob-and-lita-ford-to-team-up-for-2020-u-s-tour/

Hurry Don get in touch with Vince Neil's new nutritionist and pre tour therapist and get your ass over there  C:-)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2019, 01:04:34 AM »
That is a tough one, knowing how Don sounds these days, I don't think that is enough to get me to go. That encore performance is liable to be an acoustic thing too, may not even be electric. I've never really delved very deep into Lynch Mob, so I'm not real familiar with their stuff. Lita Ford has a new album due in 2020 but her recent stuff is hit and miss for me. Be cool to hear the old stuff though.
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)