Author Topic: Blue Oyster Cult  (Read 3105 times)

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
Re: Blue Oyster Cult
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »
I went to BOC show at Pitman theatre 6/3/2017. That was the 14th time
I have seen them in concert over the years. The vocals may have slipped
a bit due to age however they still jam. Also Danny Miranda is back playing
bass again.

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 02:51:57 AM »
Danny's back with them for the rest of the year while Kasim is touring with Todd Rundgren I believe.

Also, interesting announcement for old school fans

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR OUR LONDON BASED FANS!
BLUE OYSTER CULT's appearance at the O2 INDIGO for STONE FREE FESTIVAL on June 17th will start with a unique performance of their 1st album in its entirety in celebration of the 45th anniversary of the initial release.

The full set is being recorded and videotaped in 4K UHD for possible future release.

Capacity at the O2 INDIDGO is limited, so plan accordingly.

You don't want to miss this!

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
Miranda's cool saw him several times with the band between 94 and 2004.'

Aside from that one off reunion a few years ago at I think it was B.B. Kings in NYC(which I have searched high and low for a bootleg dvd of unsuccessfully) I still say they should do a damn full reunion tour and album with the Bouchard brothers, Alan is already gone and Albert is 70 now, they are running out of time if they are ever gonna do it. It probably all comes down to $$$ Buck and Bloom probably don't want to have part with more cash to compensate the Bouchard brothers for a full reunion tour trek. It's a shame they've never had another proper reunion since 1985 I believe was the last time. Especially sucks they never got it done while Lanier was still alive.

The first album would be cool to see in its entirety for sure. But if I had my choice, the albums that I would love to see played in their entirety most, preferably with the Bouchard brothers back in the fold, would be

Secret Treaties
Spectres
Cultosaurus Erectus
Fire of Unknown Origin
Those four still remain my favorites  8)   
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:31 AM »
Actually, I'd say it's probably Joe Bouchad that seems to have the least interest in going back.  From what I heard, management reached out to him as well for the Agents of Fortune anniversary shows last year.  Al took part and seemed to have a good time. 

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
Here is a good two part interview with Classic Rock Revisited did with Joe Bouchard, speaking almost entirely about the BOC days.

Part 1:  http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/show_interview.php?id=1280
Part 2: http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/show_interview.php?id=1279
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)