Author Topic: Judas Priest  (Read 3163 times)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
Re: Judas Priest
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
This definitely sounds like a pretty strong album. Not a bad way to go out, if this indeed ends up being their last one, and it could be.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-premiere-judas-priests-spectre/

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 10:14:32 PM »
Here's the first glimpse and listen to the kickoff of the tour in Wilkes Barre, PA last night. Great set list and Saints In Hell (love that song and that album) live for the first time, unfortunate that it had to be without KK and Glenn, but nice to hear it live.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-kicks-off-firepower-world-tour-in-wilkes-barre-video/

He's slipping a little, but man he sounds fucking good for going to be 67 in August. I don't too many others belting out metal like that in his range at age "almost" 67  8) I can't see it holding up for too, too much longer though. 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 11:10:15 AM »
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-rejoined-by-guitarist-glenn-tipton-at-newark-new-jersey-concert-video-photos/

Glenn makes his first appearance on stage this tour for the encore songs.  He's looking really frail...

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 03:15:53 AM »
yeah he looks very sluggish and frail there agreed. They're another band I don't see lasting much longer.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 10:07:14 PM »
Judas Priest and Deep Purple announce North American Co-Headline Summer Tour.

This is a killer package deal. This is a nice tour to see before both these bands are no longer still in action with both having released pretty damn good recent releases. Tipton's situation is a bit of a bummer and bring down but one's personal health certainly comes first, at least maybe some people will get him partaking on a few encores during this run. I don't know that either one of these bands make it to see another full tour, let alone another record, so I plan to try and catch this one   8)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deep-purple-and-judas-priest-announce-north-american-co-headline-tour/

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 10:16:29 PM »
I might have to fly back to the US for this combo (hoping they bring this combo to Europe later in the fall. 

Other than Gillan's vocals (he still sounds like Gillan though, and is better off vocally than Coverdale and Paul Stanley), this version of Deep Purple is firing on all cylinders.  Their last two albums are the best they've done with Morse, and Airey was the best choice to replace Jon Lord in the band.  Remember he's played with Gary Moore, Randy Rhoads, and Blackmore, before pairing up with Morse). Paice and Glover are one of the tightest rhythm sections touring today.  I know some pine for Blackmore to step on stage with these guys again.  One, this band doesn't want to.  Two, after listening to his playing with the resurrected Rainbow the last few years, he'd embarrass himself.  His electric playing is nowhere near where it was when he shelved Rainbow in the mid 90's to do acoustic renaissance music for 20 years.  This years shows especially seems like he's going through the motions.  He couldn't keep up with Paice and Glover even for one song.

Priest is sounding pretty good on this tour from the videos I've watched.  Yeah  Ritchie is handling the bulk of the solos, Sneap is still finding his legs a bit.  Rob has been sounding pretty good for his age.  Firepower is a good album to go out on (I'd be really surprised if they did another one, if this cycle carries thru 2019, 2020 would be the earliest a new disc would come out Halford will be 68/69).  Priest is more visual than Purple.  You get the propane and fire, you get the synchronized guitarist movements, you get more costume changes than a Cher concert for Rob, the motorcycle.  You can forgive some of the downtuned vocals with the spectacle (at least Rob sounds better than Paul Stanley and Jon Bon Jovi). 

And it shouldn't be Rolling Stones/Eagles prices and you'll get a great show from both bands for a fair price.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 03:26:57 PM »
I agree with all that. Judging from his Rainbow reunion (or so he called it) Blackmore is not needed or necessary back in DP in any capacity. Paice is nowhere near at his peak level, but yeah still decent enough and they are obviously nearing the end. Both have strong new releases and yeah prices should be moderate.     

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »
The Priest air out Tyrant from Sad Wings Of Destiny for the last show of the US leg in San Antonio.  Rob really sounds good on this from what I can tell.  Looking forward to their show next month in Mannheim  >:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTsjBhCIphU

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 12:52:19 AM »

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 03:50:12 PM »
Priest kicked off the 2018 European leg in Oslo by debuting Rising From Ruins live off of Firepower and dusting off Night Comes Down live for the first time since the Defenders tour in 1984

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-performs-rising-from-ruins-live-for-first-time-brings-back-night-comes-down-video/

Rob really sounds good on Night Comes Down. 

Setlist from Oslo:

Firepower
Grinder
Sinner
The Ripper
Lightning Strike
Bloodstone
Saints in Hell
Turbo Lover
Tyrant
Night Comes Down (First time since 1984)
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
Freewheel Burning
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Hell Bent for Leather
Painkiller

Encore:

Rising from Ruins  (Live debut)
Metal Gods
Breaking the Law
Living After Midnight

They could drop Turbo Lover and throw in Rock Hard Ride Free and that would be even a better setlist  8) 8)

Will have a review of their set (and Megadth's)  after their show in Mannheim, Germany on 20 June (two weeks from today).

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2018, 02:06:47 PM »
I saw them (and Megadeth) last Sunday, and holy shit was it awesome  >:D
Glenn Tipton even made an appearance :D
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs