Author Topic: Fates Warning  (Read 4738 times)

Eye9

• View Profile
Re: Fates Warning
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »
I wonder what kind of tour they will put together for this album. who will they pair or package themselves up with. I don't think they are a very big draw these days. Curious as to who they will tour with.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2016, 01:33:10 AM »
At leas for the European tour they just booked. It looks like they will be headlining.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fates-warning-announces-european-tour-films-seven-stars-video/
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »
Prog Power USA "Awaken The Guardian" lineup plays the entire album and other cuts from that lineup September 9, 2016.
Great to see. Very cool of Ray to step aside and let them do this, most current singers of a band would never allow this without major exception or threatening to leave the band (those with Lead Singer's Disease anyway)

Here is some footage.

If somebody comes across the full show, put up the link  8)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-fates-warning-awaken-the-guardian-lineup-performs-at-progpower-usa-festival/

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 12:00:42 AM »

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »
It looks like I'll be seeing (a version of) Fates Warning this Friday (1/12) at Club Red in Mesa. I've never seen them before, so I have nothing to judge them against. That's a good thing I suppose.

I had no idea they were even coming until last week. It must be only limited U.S. dates because they head to Europe later in the month. Tickets are only $20, so I figured I'd go check it out. I only have one album of theirs, A Pleasant Shade Of Gray.

And of course, some of the video singles that were played on Headbanger's Ball I'm aware of. That's about it though. Anyway, it should be pretty cool.  :)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 08:54:37 PM »
You'll enjoy them, great band. Give a report on how it goes. Last album was awesome.  8)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to see that show.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »
Right now my fave part is after the solo in The Light And Shade of Things (holy shit, THIS SONG) around the 9-minute mark, Ray Alder sings "It's hard to find your heart now" and the fucking GRIT he puts on the word "hard" is enough to make me stand up and cheer.

Here's a new live performance for The Light and Shade of Things, where Ray Alder basically is all about the grit, so much so that I was worried his voice was going to give out. I've heard some abysmal live recordings where Ray sounds like utter garbage, so I didn't have high expectations here, but this one is really well done. He understandably has to change up his vocal delivery from the studio recording in order to accommodate his "road voice" and the difficulty in performing the song live, but it's still pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvT6GyrrhG4
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »
Loved that, great version of a bad ass song  8)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 05:04:08 PM »
That is a killer live version, great song. I can't say that I've listened to that record repeatedly but I did like it when it came out and gave it several spins and that song is really good. I'll have to give that album a few more listens.

Vegan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »

Vegan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2018, 10:28:10 PM »
FATES WARNING - Point Of View (Live 2018 - Lyric Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89N92j1KG0A

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »
Damn shame these guys are so underrated in the mainstream and have been pretty much their whole career. Great band!

Vegan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »
Damn shame these guys are so underrated in the mainstream and have been pretty much their whole career. Great band!

Brian Slagel explains it pretty well here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKiWNmVzMJ4&index=9&list=PL7voS2JjFDI5g9mqTVC8Q4qBQ6D4-OZLi