Author Topic: Black Sabbath  (Read 14542 times)

Eye9

• View Profile
Re: Black Sabbath
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
that record kicks serious ass! That  album contains some of Gillan's most blistering vocals of his career. The screams on Disturbing the Priest, Hot line and the title track IMO are as good or supersede any version of Bloodsucker, Space truckin or Child in time that I've ever heard. The riffage from Iommi and Butler are also harder and heavier than a lot of other stuff in the Sabbath catalog. How any metal fan cannot appreciate that record is mind boggling.  8)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2020, 12:55:51 AM »
Live at the Hare Arena, Dayton Ohio 1984 (audio recording) from the Born Again Tour with Iommi, Butler, Gillan and Bevan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCUz3CDd1eQ
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2020, 01:10:37 AM »
Good live recording from the Technical Ecstasy Tour
Olympen, Lund, Sweden 4/21/1977 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dx5WGu1SKI

Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »
They sound pretty damn strong here, I think it was the Never Say Die tour where they were a little more spent and were supposedly getting blown off stage nightly by opener Van Halen, which of course was the last tour before the demise of he Ozzy era. But this tour prior to that one, I think they sound pretty good, man gotta love Bill Ward's drumming  8)

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »
I liked the Born Again tour bootleg, that show also featured Neon Knights, which wasn't performed at most of the shows. That album is absolute killer (born again).