Author Topic: Will there ever be a Geoff Tate/Queensryche REUNION (album/tour)  (Read 8945 times)

Eye9

• View Profile
Re: Will there ever be a Geoff Tate/Queensryche REUNION (album/tour)
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »
Ever the conspiracy theorist  :D ;D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2019, 10:01:03 PM »
 ;D
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
So hypothetically, let’s say a reunion is announced with the original members and they do a short touring cycle in celebration of Empire’s 30th anniversary in 2020. And let’s say the public is told that Parker and Todd are merely “sitting this one out.” What would you think of it?

Honestly, I think it would completely crush the public’s perception of the band. They’ve really got behind Todd after the messy split with Tate and I think the band would lose a lot of credibility in the public eye (for those who are paying attention, anyway). They’d likely be perceived as a joke to those fans who have embraced the current Todd-fronted band.

For me personally, it wouldn’t much matter because if they were to tour, they wouldn’t come to my town, and it’s not something I’d travel huge distances to see. I’ve never seen the band with Chris live before, but his addition to a reunion lineup wouldn’t be enough of a reason to go on a road trip. But I sure would love to sit back and watch the circus online.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2019, 01:55:00 PM »
My bet is that if a full-band reunion doesn't happen in 2020, some fans will still hold out for 2021, claiming that while Empire was technically out in 1990, it really didn't hit big until 1991. And besides, it'll be Operation: Livecrime's 30th anniversary in 2021. I'm calling it right now.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2019, 07:20:29 PM »
My bet is that if a full-band reunion doesn't happen in 2020, some fans will still hold out for 2021, claiming that while Empire was technically out in 1990, it really didn't hit big until 1991. And besides, it'll be Operation: Livecrime's 30th anniversary in 2021. I'm calling it right now.

Well I can think of one fan (of the original lineup and only of the original lineup) who will  certainly make that "claim"  ;D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »
Ok everybody, here we are in February. My prediction:

February, 2020 – Whip leaves the band and they get a replacement.

Now while Eddie didn't exactly "quit" the band in September as I predicted, he DID talk about doing a solo album. If you read between the lines, clearly that means he has all but checked out of Queensryche and is only going thru the motions until the inevitable reunion. It might as well be piped-in bass parts coming through those speakers, because Ed obviously wants NO part of this shit. His decision to stay in the band is a bit problematic, because it lessens the impact of everyone coming back together later in the year, but Ed's a wacky guy with wacky ideas. Let's how it all plays out.

NOW THEN. This month we will see Whip either bow out of a bunch of shows because of some "medical issues" or a "family emergency" or he'll just quit the band entirely. And then we'll see him again in the summer with the rest of the Original lineup.

My heart is in my throat.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2020, 02:04:07 PM »
Ok everybody, here we are in February. My prediction:

February, 2020 – Whip leaves the band and they get a replacement.

Now while Eddie didn't exactly "quit" the band in September as I predicted, he DID talk about doing a solo album. If you read between the lines, clearly that means he has all but checked out of Queensryche and is only going thru the motions until the inevitable reunion. It might as well be piped-in bass parts coming through those speakers, because Ed obviously wants NO part of this shit. His decision to stay in the band is a bit problematic, because it lessens the impact of everyone coming back together later in the year, but Ed's a wacky guy with wacky ideas. Let's how it all plays out.

NOW THEN. This month we will see Whip either bow out of a bunch of shows because of some "medical issues" or a "family emergency" or he'll just quit the band entirely. And then we'll see him again in the summer with the rest of the Original lineup.

My heart is in my throat.

You been smoking some of that shit Samsara smokes Rockox?  ;D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »
Really good CDG likeness. Hahaha.

Eye9

• View Profile

My_Altered_State

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2020, 09:50:05 PM »
I don’t see anyone leaving as it’s good money and just Tate has been pushing the reunion idea. Must need money. They may be friends away from the band but back in a musical setting wouldn’t happen with the way Geoff shit on those guys and the first sign of conflict DeGarmo would be gone again.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2020, 01:37:34 AM »
I don’t see anyone leaving as it’s good money and just Tate has been pushing the reunion idea. Must need money. They may be friends away from the band but back in a musical setting wouldn’t happen with the way Geoff shit on those guys and the first sign of conflict DeGarmo would be gone again.

Fully agree. Although I don't think Geoff and any of the participating current members, or Rockenfield are friends these days. I think it's also safe to say DeGarmo obviously has no interest whatsoever, and apparently he and Geoff don't speak either because Geoff stated regarding the Empire anniversary box that he had no idea whether anybody with the record company talked to DeGarmo. So there's that. I don't think he's on good terms with anybody in the entire extended Queensryche camp whatsoever.