Author Topic: Will there ever be a Geoff Tate/Queensryche REUNION (album/tour)  (Read 6378 times)

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: Will there ever be a Geoff Tate/Queensryche REUNION (album/tour)
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »
I don't think DeGarmo has much interest in all honesty.

Oh don’t be so sure. The rest of the guys just need to know how to appeal to ol’ Chris “Always Maintain Eye Contact” DeGarmo. Like all they’d need to offer him is that they’d open with a mini-set that only dealt with flying and the sky:

Some People Fly
Miles Away
Chasing Blue Skies
Jet City Woman

Walk in the Shadows? Roads to Madness? Fuck off, those are songs about fucking walking. Anybody Listening? I have no time for fucking boat songs. I ONLY PLAY FLYING SONGS HERE, PAL. YOU GIVE ME ALL THE FUCKING FLYING SONGS OR I WALK.
The problem is that you are correct.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 02:19:45 PM »
I think the band really missed a good opportunity (BUT WHAT ELSE IS KNEW AMIRITE ::)) to get the original 5 members of Queensryche back with their Pledgemusic campaign. They could've had a pledge level of $500, with a minimum of 200 people at that level (for $100,000) and it gets the guys back for one show only.

But the $500 doesn't include a ticket. ;D

Come on, you know some people would pay it.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2019, 02:12:32 PM »
Maybe once the band announces Scott's departure, both Michael and Eddie will need to leave the band as well for at least six months, just to make a reunion that much more profitable.

GET ON IT, QUEENSRYCHE. EVERYONE START LEAVING THE BAND SO YOU CAN COME BACK FOR A REUNION. THE CLOCK IS TICKING. #Empire2020Reunion #WhoSaysYouCantGoHome #GoodForThemForListeningToMe

Ok everyone, with all the goings-on this year with the new album and the new tour, we need to make sure we keep our eyes on this reunion that will NO DOUBT QUITE POSSIBLY HAPPEN IN 2020.

So while Scott hasn’t said he’s quit the band, for all intents and purposes he’s gone, so we can safely check him off the “must leave the band so he can come back for the reunion” list. So that just leaves Ed and Whip. Here's how the timeline MUST be for this to work:

March 1, 2019 – The Verdict album releases, but who cares because you know in a little over a year we're gonna have a full band reunion.

March to August, 2019 – Touring, I guess. But people are really just biding their time until that full band reunion.

September, 2019 – Someone needs to leave the band by this date. My bet is that Ed bows out first and they get a replacement. Shit is finally starting to get interesting.

October, 2019 to January, 2020 - A few dates here and there. But whatever, we have Halloween, Black Friday and Christmas to keep us busy. Tin Man Merch starts selling "Empire 30th anniversary in 2020" swag on their site with an old pic of the original lineup. People go bonkers, buy up all the stock and are counting the days until Whip quits. They can't fucking wait.

February, 2020 – Whip leaves the band and they get a replacement. At this point Queensryche has NO original members. Whip posts a cryptic message on his twitter, saying "see you this summer for the full band reunion of Queensryche" and the speculation begins. Also, Blackbird is blocked from Whip's twitter just because.

March to May, 2020 – A few shows played here and there, mostly due to contractual obligations. And no one cares anyway. Because finally this is the year it's finally gonna happen, finally.

June, 2020 – Advertising teases for the reunion begin (see my previous 5-day tease post). Either way, Hans Zimmer’s BRAAAM sound is used in order to create ANY sense of excitement because no one understands the magnitude of the situation otherwise.

July to August, 2020 – Empire Full Band Reunion, culminating in their last show in Seattle on August 20th. All band members’ former (and current) wives trot around onstage and are featured as the “Jet City Women.” Opener "Rising TP" (Todd and Parker's new side project) warms up the crowd for these dates. Everyone has an intense 3-day orgasm and Seattle declares August 20th to be henceforth known as Empire Day.

Oh my god dude I can’t wait

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2019, 02:26:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ??? :-\

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »
Humph. Well this won't do. Tate at 35:50 of this interview saying he has no interest in a full band reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2B5Fi-lchs

I maintain he is just posturing. We will see you with the original band in 2020 Geoff! ;)

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »
The interviewer's disappointment in that answer almost made me cry :'(
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:19:22 PM by Setzer »
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
I've always said that if a reunion happens, it would be in 2020 at the EARLIEST. I do agree that if the money is right, ALL five original members would be on board. Who could blame them?

However, I also believe that new material would have to be part of the conversation, whether that means two songs or an entire album. Especially if they feel they have something to prove creatively.

But make no mistake. At this time, there simply is NO real demand for an original Queensryche reunion. At best, they would be offered a 40-city THEATRE tour, 5000-6000 capacity maximum. That's certainly nothing to complain about. I'd definitely be there.  8)

Regarding Tate's recent comments on a 10-million dollar payday, I think he would do it if the entire BAND received that. Not just himself.  ;)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 07:55:22 PM »
I went back and read all my previous posts in this thread. I stand by each and every word of my earlier posts. Nothing has changed and there isn't anything else that I could really add except that even more time has went by.

Geoff's voice is not going to improve to the level of/or revert back to it's previous glory, that and an unpolished aged DeGarmo that hasn't been on the road in a generation except for a few guest spots do not deserve my $75.00.

The only way I would welcome a reunion at this point is if for some reason the band broke up and ceased and then a couple years later the original lineup got back together for one last farewell tour to say goodbye (and earn a few bucks for retirement) and trust me, the reunion/farewell wouldn't exactly sell like hot cakes either because this band is not a household name and most of us would likely be approaching fifty five to sixty years old, let alone the band members ages themselves. 

So, I say highly unlikely at this point. 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2019, 02:55:41 AM »
Humph. Well this won't do. Tate at 35:50 of this interview saying he has no interest in a full band reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2B5Fi-lchs

I maintain he is just posturing. We will see you with the original band in 2020 Geoff! ;)

Nah, it won't happen in 2020. If it does ever happen it won't be that soon.

They are going to tour this album for two years well into 2020 if not beyond with multiple tour cycles before any work starts on the next one. Due to the positive reaction and strength of the reviews etc, if they do not have another record in the deal with Century Media, they will definitely secure a label for the next one. That I think rules out any chance of reunion talk until at least 2024 as long as everybody in the band stays put and no one else leaves.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 03:21:56 AM by NJFIREFIGHTER »
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2019, 12:53:20 PM »
Well I think you are spot on with that. Wilton pretty much confirms it in this interview saying they are already booked into 2020 and will tour for the next two years and that they will get into the studio for the next album a little sooner next time around.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michael-wilton-says-former-queensryche-guitarist-chris-degarmo-loves-bands-current-lineup/

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »
Wilton pretty much confirms it in this interview saying they are already booked into 2020 and will tour for the next two years and that they will get into the studio for the next album a little sooner next time around.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michael-wilton-says-former-queensryche-guitarist-chris-degarmo-loves-bands-current-lineup/

JUST MORE POSTURING, I SAY. Geoff coyly says they'd need to offer him a lot of money. Meanwhile Whip plays hard to get and says all sing-songy "oh I don't kno-ow. We're already boo-oked until next yeeeear" while seductively playing with his hair. These guys want it, man. Telltale signs.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 10:46:53 AM »
Not sure where the hell else to post this, so might as well put it here. Todd recently posted this on his FB from when him and Geoff met in Spain in 2017.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
Geoff needs a refresher class on how to look cool  C:-)