Author Topic: Will there ever be a Geoff Tate/Queensryche REUNION (album/tour)  (Read 5072 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Will there ever be a Geoff Tate/Queensryche REUNION (album/tour)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 02:23:58 AM »
It would be interesting lucidity. It would no doubt garner attention and interest if that were to ever happen, although I think it's a long shot.

Reading this interview excerpt from Geoff, It kind of cements my feeling that the band would be foolish to work with him again. He obviously doesn't get it, He actually makes it sound like he is expecting an apology and that they are the ones at fault here. Unbelievable.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-queensryche-reunion-would-only-happen-if-everybody-really-needed-money/

Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »
I think what I really can't stand (and this ain't a knock on you NJ for starting this thread, or anyone for participating in it. Heck I even bumped the damn thing) is that Tate's dismissal from the band has reopened the discussion of a possible reunion with Chris DeGarmo.

Fans had been talking about Chris DeGarmo coming back for what seems like forever and holy hell it got tired fast. The band has been together for over 30 years and CDG has been gone for 20 years now. I appreciate what Chris did in and for the band, but I was content with not carrying the torch for him. The guy was awesome in Queensryche (until he wasn't - with HITNF) and then he left. Thank you for your service.

So it finally appeared like fans were finally getting over it until little discussions started popping up about a possible reunion with Tate and DeGarmo and then I just thought "ugh, is this the new thing fans are clamouring for? Those old QR records aren't going anywhere. I can enjoy them whenever I want to. If I need a CDG fix, I know where I can go." And it bums me out that after so many years, "getting Chris DeGarmo back" is still a topic of discussion. Shit, people still carry the torch for Cliff Burton in Metallica and the dude's been dead for 30 years.

At least with needing both Tate AND DeGarmo back now, it's a lot less likely a reunion will ever happen.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
I actually agree whole heartedly with you there Rock. Notice in my recent comments I mentioned that I don't give DeGarmo a free pass and let him off the hook because HITNF was a sub standard album from the prior work.
 I got over his not being in the band a long, long time ago. likewise, I gave up on his return a long, long time ago. Would things have been any better had he stayed around...I'm not quite sold on that to be honest, maybe the argument would hold more water if he wasn't a driving force and major player on HITNF, but he was. His brief return to the fold during the Tribe sessions didn't exactly create RFO 2.0, another Mindcrime or Empire either did it?
His creative peak obviously came to an end or the guy would have done more musically following leaving the band. That is how I look at it. They seemed to have exhausted their working relationship and whatever chemistry and wealth of ideas and creativity they enjoyed earlier on, so I don't know that his sticking around longer would have made a whole hell of a lot of difference. In fact who knows what direction the band would have gone in with him still in the band, but I doubt it would have been anything real heavy, that much I can surmise.

I welcomed Kelly Gray in the fold and I still enjoyed Q2K. I also liked Mike Stone and welcomed him in the band and saw him live several times and I'm on record with saying I thought he did well and I started a thread for him too, always thought he was under appreciated by the fan base. I certainly welcomed Parker's addition and have come to like him very much after he proved himself beyond his initial hiring, which many frowned upon due to the Miranda/Tate connection. He has done an awesome job and has grown into the position well. I also am the biggest supporter of the new lineup on here probably. I think they are better now both live and on album than they have been in YEARS.

I'm not one of those guys, like Brian that continuously kisses DeGarmo's ass based off a resume that ended in 1997 for the most part. What has that guy done besides partake in a handful of songs from Tribe album (fifteen years ago now) that did not show any revert back to the glory days. from a comparison perspective, I think the last two albums came closer to that than HITNF or Tribe did. The argument that he could or would make any kind of noticeable difference fifteen years ago, five years ago, or now is a pipe dream I think.     

I loved the guy back in the day, but that day ended a long time ago. Much like I say Geoff is no longer needed, based upon his own actions and deteriorating level of performance. New fresh blood was required. DeGarmo falls in the same category whether people want to accept it or not, the guy walked away from it and didn't translate his creativity and abilities to anything further in music. How the hell is he gonna come out of the shadows and somehow be this savior that produces some epic return to 1988. It isn't gonna happen people.  8)       

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »
just as a continuation of my mindset on this situation. The Cabaret tour and DTC was enough of an embarrassment to me that it could have ended for me right there if something drastic wasn't done. (I still don't have DTC in my collection, I can't bring myself to purchase that record and complete my collection, because it will just collect dust like American Soldier does) I know I'll never listen to it. I can't put into words how much the S/T Queensryche 13 album and Todd taking over the reigns rejuvenated my interest and affection for this band. It was make or break time, I would have been one of the last to give up and let go, and I came close. These last two records have cemented it for me. Tate AND DeGarmo are not necessary at this stage, leave those memories where they are, there is nothing either could due presently to expand upon those it would only be a disappointment. 

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
OMG YOU GUYS, MAYBE SCOTT ROCKENFIELD IS ONLY LEAVING QUEENSRYCHE SO HE CAN COME BACK AGAIN IN THREE MONTHS FOR THE EVENTUAL OPERATION: MINDCRIME 30TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WITH GEOFF TATE AND CHRIS DEGARMO!!

OR BETTER YET, IN 2020 FOR THE EMPIRE 30TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR!!!

Hahaha, these speculations are so fucking stupid.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
haha  :D let the drama begin

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 11:05:27 PM »
Yeah, leave it to Rock to stir the drama up  >:D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 12:44:44 PM »
Seriously, why else would Scott leave?

"A reunion with just Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo isn't enough of a draw. We need someone else to quit the band so they can come back in 2 years for Empire's 30th anniversary. Scott just had a baby. It's the perfect cover."

;D

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »
Lots of bad blood between Tates and the rest of the band for a reunion to be had for many years.  All parties involved had a hand in the breakup, as was pointed out previously here .  The remaining three have to be embarrassed that it got to where it did by 2012.  Having your private band business aired out in court documents had to be humiliating, as well as sitting back with the hindsight goggles on seeing all the missteps that were made.  Kinda like a frog in a pot, over years the heat got turned up ever so slowly till the water was boiling.  But lets say somehow the moons align and they sit down, break bread, reconnect on a friends level and it comes through (maybe for the 30th anniversary of HITNF  8) ).  What if they approached it with the current lineup with Tate and DeGarmo along as well?

Saw the Helloween Pumpkins United show a few months ago and was really happy to see how well it worked with the current band with Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske all playing together.  Every one was happy, was cool to see Deris trading verses with Kiske in the classic songs, everyone was joking around and enjoying the long set (over 2.5 hours).  One of the best shows I saw last year.  And there was real bad blood between Kiske and Michael Weikath for over 20 years.  5 years ago I'd have bet money that show would have never happened. 

I dont see Tate's ego letting it happen unless he grows up.  He'll want a bigger cut of the money pot. 

Plus I dont see a big draw for this unfortunately in today's touring industry. 

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »
@radardude65 - I think you missed out on this piece http://blabbermouth.net/news/queensryches-todd-la-torre-recounts-face-to-face-encounter-with-geoff-tate-he-told-me-i-was-amazing/  :P

Hey, if Axl Rose and Slash can get together in this universe, anything's possible.
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
Maybe once the band announces Scott's departure, both Michael and Eddie will need to leave the band as well for at least six months, just to make a reunion that much more profitable.

GET ON IT, QUEENSRYCHE. EVERYONE START LEAVING THE BAND SO YOU CAN COME BACK FOR A REUNION. THE CLOCK IS TICKING. #Empire2020Reunion #WhoSaysYouCantGoHome #GoodForThemForListeningToMe

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Maybe once the band announces Scott's departure, both Michael and Eddie will need to leave the band as well for at least six months, just to make a reunion that much more profitable.

GET ON IT, QUEENSRYCHE. EVERYONE START LEAVING THE BAND SO YOU CAN COME BACK FOR A REUNION. THE CLOCK IS TICKING. #Empire2020Reunion #WhoSaysYouCantGoHome #GoodForThemForListeningToMe

:o... ;)... :D...!

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:30 PM »
So Scott, Eddie, and Michael all get replaced and it'll be just like Foreigner then... >:D

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 09:12:39 AM »
Here’s how a 5-day advertising tease on QR’s FB page for a full band reunion could go (obviously, this is ONLY to be used once ALL original band members have been gone from Queensryche for a minimum of 6 months). For this, we'll be using Hans Zimmer’s BRAAAM sound (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ8KWuI1p9w for reference).

DAY ONE.

CAN
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

DAY TWO.

YOU
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

DAY THREE.

HEAR
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

DAY FOUR.

IT
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

DAY FI- WAIT IT’S A LONG WEEKEND SO IT’S ONLY A FOUR-DAY WEEK.

DAY FIVE (THE FOLLOWING MONDAY)

CALLING
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Queensryche fans would lose their fucking shit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:38:42 AM by Rockox »

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
Great idea lol, maybe someday  :-\

But........
I don't think DeGarmo has much interest in all honesty. It's been many years now and he doesn't seem to have much of an itch to get back into the scene even for short quick projects or guest spots except for twiddling around a little with his daughters music. There's so many little projects that he could have pursued even if just to goof off and have fun without even needing to leave the house the way a lot of today's recordings are made and he hasn't (look at all the different shit Portnoy and George Lynch do among many others).

Dickinson has no problem having a side career in piloting and aviation and he seems to be pretty involved in it from a variety of aspects from what I've read, yet he still has the time to do countless world tours and make records with Maiden. Somehow I don't quite see DeGarmo ever piloting a Queensryche plane with guitar in passenger seat for those Queensryche fly in dates.  :-\