Author Topic: Armored Saint  (Read 6305 times)

Deathless

• View Profile
Armored Saint
« on: April 09, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but Armored Saint released the video for the title track of their new album, "Win Hands Down" - Hit it!

I love it!

AnybodyListening.net

Re: Armored Saint
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 09:49:24 AM »
Music is good. Performances great. Lyrics...not so much. But I dig the tune overall.

samlewis45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »
Enjoyed the song, I'll have to get some more from this band. I currently have March of the Saint and Symbol of Salvation - so which album is best to get next?

I am looking forward to seeing them with Queensryche and at Bloodstock Festival later in the year :)

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »
samlewis45, I'd recommend you go for Revelation next. They recorded that in 2000 when Bush was still in Anthrax, and it was the first thing they did since SoS. There is a lot... I mean A LOT... of great stuff on that record.

samlewis45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »
Thanks, I'll get ordering!

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »
For some reason I always forget what an amazing album Revelation is, even though it has one of my favorite songs (After Me, The Flood) on it.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
It's an alright tune, but John Bush's performance does nothing for me. It's just not melodic or dynamic enough for my tastes. The guitars sound great, though.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Wardy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:22 AM »
Hey, entire Win Hands Down record is available for streaming over at Blabbermouth.  So clicked on second song Mess and f&%#ing blown away by what is IMO the best Bush fronted song since his Anthrax days! \m/  Haven't even gotten past that track yet but this locking this in a must buy already LOL! 8)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/armored-saint-entire-win-hands-down-album-available-for-streaming/

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 03:47:04 AM »
We literally just got home from seeing Saint open for Saxon, and it was AWESOME. They sound as tight as ever, and Bush was hitting notes I didn't even think he could reach anymore. They played both the title track and "Mess" from the new CD, and they fit right in with the classic material.

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 04:11:57 AM »
God I wish they'd travel a bit farther up the coast... hell, I'd probably drive almost anywhere in Oregon to see them if they won't come to Seattle.

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 04:29:10 AM »
We drove 2 1/2 hours, and it was worth every second.

AnybodyListening.net

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
The new record is really good, and man, best Saint show out of the three I've seen. It's also the shortest (65 minutes, opening for Saxon), but still, man, the band was so tight and Bush sounded amazing.

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »
The new record is really good, and man, best Saint show out of the three I've seen. It's also the shortest (65 minutes, opening for Saxon), but still, man, the band was so tight and Bush sounded amazing.

I've seen Bush at least 10 times between Saint and Anthrax, and this was probably the best I've ever heard him sound live.

ETA:

"Can U Deliver"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skOF8XORlPo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:48:51 PM by Lucretia »

Tacomaryche

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »
Hey, entire Win Hands Down record is available for streaming over at Blabbermouth.  So clicked on second song Mess and f&%#ing blown away by what is IMO the best Bush fronted song since his Anthrax days! \m/  Haven't even gotten past that track yet but this locking this in a must buy already LOL! 8)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/armored-saint-entire-win-hands-down-album-available-for-streaming/

I had this going in the car today, I love this album so far. I've been pretty disappointed with the new releases so far in 2015 but this one is a welcome listen. It sounds new but also familiar at the same time. Will be purchased ASAP.

Wardy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 08:28:17 AM »

I had this going in the car today, I love this album so far. I've been pretty disappointed with the new releases so far in 2015 but this one is a welcome listen. It sounds new but also familiar at the same time. Will be purchased ASAP.

Same, purchased some tunes via digital until can pick the album up as soon as.

Great record!