Author Topic: 2020 The Final Year of "Roads To Madness".  (Read 448 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 The Final Year of "Roads To Madness".
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 01:43:39 AM »
Eh, you guys could always start a new board at one of the free hosting sites like ProBoards and then NJF wouldn’t be on the hook for hosting/domain fees.

Ted you've been here for as long as I can remember and spend a great deal of time signed in to the site, on what seems like a daily basis. You are a top ten member for most time spent on the forum. I believe you also go back to the very beginning of this forum. We definitely share some of the same favorite bands and it has been a pleasure having you and conversing with you all this time and thank you for being a die hard regular on the site.

The Pro Boards suggestion might be a cost free easy avenue for someone other than myself to pursue if they really wanted a site for us regulars to hang. The downside would be you would have to start everything all over again topic wise and wouldn't have the benefit of having everything all set up and already there such as I had it when I took this place over.     
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 02:17:18 AM »
I'd also like to give a shout out to some members who at one time or another over the course of these last five years were major contributors, some still come by once in a while, others haven't been around in some time now, but I would like to recognize their contributions and their help along the way.

Radardude65
Justbob (greatest first post EVER)
Big Marty
RTM
Buelinator
RoushRycher
HolyDiver
Livgrnfan
Travis The Dragon
Unspooled

And anyone else that I forgot
8)
Thank You!

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 08:47:34 AM »
I'll give a shout-out to Shadow Walker, who posted here occasionally. He also posted on Blackbird's behalf that one time (page 17 of the Beatdown Room thread, y'all) and still posted every once in awhile even after he got shit on a bit by us. Takes balls.
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »
Also Dendroica, sorry for forgetting about you, you have been a mainstay for a long while as well. Juat saw you signed in and remembered I had not mentioned you by name.

Also yes forgot about Shadow Walker.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 02:33:04 PM »
Um hello, you forgot me too  >:D

Sucks to see the place going to wind down, but it's as good a time as any, with all the uncertainty of everything and financial hardship going on right now. I can't say I blame you. The whole state of the music industry is in pretty much disarray right now also. 2020 the year of change lol.

dehumanizer3000

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 02:27:28 PM »
what about setting up a discord? I was thinking about setting a queensryche one but have not looking into it much yet
Part of the Machine with a Pleasant Shade of Gray.

Buelinator

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »
Will miss this place and y'all. Always entertaining reading the clever, witty and sometimes cheeky banter...  ;)  Thanks for the ride, NJ! 8)

ShadowWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 10:30:05 AM »
I'll give a shout-out to Shadow Walker, who posted here occasionally. He also posted on Blackbird's behalf that one time (page 17 of the Beatdown Room thread, y'all) and still posted every once in awhile even after he got shit on a bit by us. Takes balls.

It was never about having balls, just challenging the status quo with a different point of view. But I do appreciate the shout-out nonetheless...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:38:50 AM by ShadowWalker »