Author Topic: Here is a look at my battle vest  (Read 506 times)

dehumanizer3000

• View Profile
Here is a look at my battle vest
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:07:16 PM »
I wanted to show off my vest i made, I think they look cool, and I picked patches from just my favorite bands, tho some bands I like just don't have patches or not very good patches , anyone else make vests?

https://imgur.com/a/05cKdJf
Part of the Machine with a Pleasant Shade of Gray.

Eye9

Re: Here is a look at my battle vest
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 12:50:46 PM »
NICE man! very cool. I never did the cut sleeves but had a denim jacket in the 80's and 90's with all the patched. That is till I outgrew it. It wound up being thrown away  :( should've taken pictures of it first but that is hindsight now  :-[

dehumanizer3000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
aww damn that would be cool to see, 80s patches are nicer then some today, I don't see myself out growing mine or throw it away, tho If I do out grow it I could hang on my wall, would you start another vest?
Part of the Machine with a Pleasant Shade of Gray.

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 02:11:15 PM »
Here’s mine. I like your style, dehumanizer.

https://imgur.com/a/YBjTGHV
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:17:57 PM by Rockox »
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"

Eye9

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 09:19:46 PM »
Here’s mine. I like your style, dehumanizer.

https://imgur.com/a/YBjTGHV

Nice Rockox. Yours looks just as cool. Making me miss my old denim jacket  :'(

Eye9

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 09:29:47 PM »
aww damn that would be cool to see, 80s patches are nicer then some today, I don't see myself out growing mine or throw it away, tho If I do out grow it I could hang on my wall, would you start another vest?

Yeah there is just something about the old jackets or vests loaded with all the band patches and pins and all that. Always cool to see them out and about and see what bands are on them same with all the old band tee shirts people bust out and still wear. I wouldn't start a new one you can't duplicate the original intent and gratification and meaning of the original. For sure though I had some cool shit on mine man. I had all kinds of obscure bands mixed into mine Raven, TT Quick, Britny Fox, WASP (the debut album patch) Manowar (hail to england), Prong, Demon, Metallica (the original Kill em all and ride the lightening covers), Iron Maiden (the original killers and number of the beast stuff), Motorhead (bomber), Mercyful fate, Queensryche (the warning and rage I believe), Slayer (hell awaits and/or show no mercy), Megadeth (killing and peace sells), Overkill, Anthrax. Yeah it was cool shit.   

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 11:58:48 PM »
Very cool seeing these, thanks for posting them Dehumanizer and Rock. Some great bands represented and cool patches. I had the straight up long sleeve denim jackets, I went through a couple of those that I loaded up with patches and those larger sewn on almost like tapestries that covered most of the back (one that I had was a badass KISS one that took up like 75% of the back of one of the ones I had, I was never even a big KISS guy, but it was such a badass design I put it on there lol).

My rock and roll attire in the 80's and 90's ranged from the mullet and longer hair(complete with aqua net hairspray  ;D), spandex and leather pants (lol) and both leather biker jackets and suede fringe jacket, especially I the teen mall rat days lol. The last twenty years have seen most of the hair gone (not by choice haha) so the long hair and mullet has been replaced with a buzz cut. The denim patch jackets are gone (I do think I removed some of the patches and saved them, they are around here somewhere). My go to nowadays is still my leather biker jacket, bandanas, many cool concert shirts, of which I still have a few older classic that I bust out on special occasions  8)

On a side topic. in addition to the denim jackets and patches. Anybody remember those cool lightweight black shiny band jackets that were around back in the 80's. I had a couple really cool ones. I also remember playing games on the Jersey boardwalks at the beach to win all those cheap band mirrors that we all used to hang on our bedroom walls back then :D I must have had like twenty five of those at one point (all gone unfortunately), also those larger album cover print framed glass band wall hangings (got rid of those also, they were cheaper made and got damaged over years from moisture in the air getting behind the glass) but those were cool. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:11:30 AM by NJFIREFIGHTER »
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
I also have another jean vest, but that one only has a full back patch of Wham! (with George Michael - yes that's right motherfucker), along with a few 80s pop and cartoon pins on the front. Completely different style, and that one comes out only for certain occasions. :)
"Does he talk about you so much it's an auto correct?"