Author Topic: God DAMN The Corona Virus!!!  (Read 474 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
God DAMN The Corona Virus!!!
« on: March 14, 2020, 12:42:58 AM »
 Steppenwolf had God Damn The Pusher, well God Damn the Corona Virus! My Flyers were on a hot streak in NHL play, The Sixers were headed for a playoff run, there is excitement for the Phillies season, Villanova was set to play in the Big East Tournament and make an NCAA march madness appearance and this years tournament was going to be great...…… and then came the real fucking March Madness  >:( :'(

Things are getting pretty fucked up. China had it bad, then Italy, now it looks like Spain is next. I know we have several on here from all over the place globally, so here is a thread to vent, bitch, complain, share your thoughts and give a little update on what life is like right now where your at?

Around here Pennsylvania has a state wide school shut down for the next few weeks, and in my home state of New Jersey the governor has pretty much promised that the same is going to happen here in a matter of days.  My county as of the moment has yet record a confirmed case, and overall the count is low in NJ, but keep in mind this is all with very minimal testing to this point, those numbers will significantly increase I'm sure.

The concert scene pretty much has been shut down across the entire US near as I know, as Live Nation has cancelled all tours and shuttered most venues for an indefinite period of time, as well as large gatherings being either banned for the time being or recommended to cease in many locations.

I know as far as the US goes, Ted262 your area out in Washington State is one of the present hardest hit areas. 
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Setzer

• View Profile
Re: God DAMN The Corona Virus!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »
From Denmark here. Country is on lockdown, and I've been told to work from home.
Upcoming concerts are rescheduled for later in the year, but I'm on vacation after next week, and I'm still getting the car I ordered, so I'm doing just fine C:-)

Stay safe out there.
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »
I know as far as the US goes, Ted262 your area out in Washington State is one of the present hardest hit areas.

Yeah, it's a bit screwy out here.  People are panicked a bit, so all the local  Costcos are sold out of toilet paper, hand sanitizer and disinfectants.  A lot of the local groceries are out of milk and basic cold & flu meds as well as the stuff above.

Pretty much every activity has been shut down.  All schools in the state have been closed by the governor for 6 weeks.  All sports and concerts have pretty much been canceled.  Somewhere around 50 restaurants in Seattle alone have gone under due to lack of business (the margins are pretty damn thin in that business from what I understand). 

On a personal level, both of my in-laws (who I actually like) are in their 80s and live in retirement communities in the Seattle area. They’re both extremely active in the senior communities in their areas. My MIL is south of the city in an area that really hasn’t seen any issues other than one postal worker at a sorting facility being diagnosed a week or so back, she is a lymphoma survivor though.

My FIL, on the other hand, lives about 4 miles from Life Care Center Kirkland - where almost every patient had caught the virus and most of the deaths on the country have occurred. The hospital where they’ve taken most of the patients that didn’t die right away (Evergreen Health) is also where he goes regularly. I took him to several cardiology appointments there.

I mentioned that he’s active - he’s been taking one of the other residents to doctor appointments for the last couple of months in the Everett area in Snohomish County (where a lot of the other cases have been found). Since he takes classes at the local senior centers (and lives in a retirement community) it’s pretty likely he’s crossed paths with someone that’s been in the LCC. His whole life is basically in the hotspot.

To say I’m concerned would be underselling it. I had a conversation with him about it, but I’m trying to be cool so I don’t put his daughter in a panic. Still we've made it clear to both of them that if at any time they feel worried about their wellbeing that we’ve got space for them. We live 45-60 minutes outside of the city in a pretty sparsely populated area and it’s fairly easy to do the “social distancing” thing here, although we've had a couple of people in our area test positive too, so I don't know how much better off they'd be other than it's not as densely populated.

Guess we'll see how it progresses.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 01:54:55 PM »
Yeah the elderly unfortunately are apparently the most at risk from a medical standpoint, best to check in them from a distance and try to get them to stay put and limit their movement for a while.

Last night at midnight the four surrounding suburb counties of Philadelphia shut all restaurants and bars and today Philadelphia followed suit. Liquor stores I believe are next I heard starting tomorrow. Better stock up on the alcohol  :D need something to cope with this insanity. All non-essential businesses have also been asked to close, not sure if that is a mandate at this point yet or not.

Yup. Paper products, sanitizers and hand wipes, and a growing list of household staples are getting to be a bit of potluck on any given day to find  :( This is going to be some challenging shit financially for a lot of businesses. Looks like we are in for a wild ride folks.       

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
All New Jersey schools are now closed, all restaurants and bars (except for take out and delivery service), movie theatres, malls all that stuff encompassing non essential businesses (mostly the service industry) are all pretty much closed. Curfews have been put in place for night time and over night hours.
People are still out and about but traffic is much lighter and it's been pretty quiet and peaceful (so far) around my area in southwestern NJ (across from Philadelphia).
Seems like everything that has been announced is for fourteen (14) days, except for the whole crowds over fifty gatherings being prohibited thing, which I believe they said is in effect for like sixty days (through like May 10th). So obviously that means certain restaurants and bars etc will remain closed longer than the 14 days. Gonna be interesting, this is going to wreak some havoc on the economy and take some while to dig out of when it finally does return to some sense of normal.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »
This is a very interesting podcast with a lot of information on the outbreak of the Coronavirus that Joe Rogan did with Michael Osterholm (an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

Here is another one from VOX that is a bit alarming talking about why new diseases keep originating in China.
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54

And for anyone that wants to keep tabs on the numbers of infected and related deaths involving this virus worldwide with daily updates this is one I've been checking daily for almost a week now.
 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:25:31 PM by NJFIREFIGHTER »

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 01:22:54 AM »

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 08:16:03 PM »
This whole situation totally sucks ass, somebody make it go away please  >:( :(

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 12:35:18 AM »
Well New Jersey has been pretty much shut down of all non-essential stuff here since I believe the start of the week. I think Pennsylvania did it last week sometime, and since NY did the same and other states are joining that list.

Good to see this stimulus package finally pass through the Senate tonight, hopefully with a ninety something to zero vote, it will quickly get passed by the House. Not sure what all is in it but I guess we'll find out the details in the coming days once it's signed by the President.

Looks like we're gonna be in this situation for a little while yet. I think April 12 (Easter) is wishful thinking for opening back up the economy, even on a partial scale. I'm thinking more likely May 1st. But we'll see.

Everybody stay safe out there, try not to loose your minds and hang in there. hopefully this all works itself out sooner rather than later  8) 

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 09:46:37 PM »
I don't know if I can take four more weeks of this shit, let alone any longer than that   :(  :'(

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 05:52:07 PM »
Yeah I hear that man. Takes some getting used to for sure. Feels like we turned the clock back to like the 1930's or some shit.

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »
Corona theme song Genesis In the Cage    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBwRkMEUpY