Author Topic: The Guess Who  (Read 2841 times)

Dream Evil

• View Profile
Re: The Guess Who
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »
I'll pass on that. I'll stick with my Greatest Hits record, Live at the Paramount, and American Woman.  8) These guys did have quite a few great tunes back in the day.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »
This one is much better, this song sounds at least like an attempt to sound like The Guess Who. It is definitely a stretch with one original member (and not all that significant of one at that in the context of their songwriting, see Bachman/Cummings for that job description). But this at least a likeable tune.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-guess-who-releases-in-america-video/

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 01:55:32 AM »
Agreed. This one is good and sounds like a return to form. Much better than that first song and video they put out from the new record. I bark about them having just one member, same thing with Nazareth, but the thing is if you wanna hear all their songs, it's the best your going to get because nobody is out there playing all those songs. So I guess it has it's market value all these old bands with minimal members, at least you get to hear that bands catalog if you are a big fan of their music. I have paid myself to go see some of those bands that are relegated to one member, not recently. But I have.   
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)