Author Topic: Two concerts at different venues in one day  (Read 205 times)

radardude65

• View Profile
Two concerts at different venues in one day
« on: July 01, 2018, 07:59:14 PM »
I had the planets align for this back in 2012 when I lived in Salt Lake City area.  Trans Siberian Orchestra was playing two shows at the basketball arena (1600 and 2000).  Dethklok and All That Remains was playing at Saltair in Magna about 20 minutes west that same day.  So early TSO show, grab a bite to eat then the show at Saltair.  Anybody else have an opportunity like that?

Eye9

• View Profile
Re: Two concerts at different venues in one day
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:38:31 PM »
forgive this place radar, many more readers and lurkers here than participants and people that post and contribute  ::) tough to post topics on here that ask for peoples involvement, so much so that I can't believe NJF has even bothered to keep this place up and running for as long as he has, just sayin  C:-)

But no, that there is dedication. two different venue shows on the same day, I've done back to back days of shows but never twice in a day.

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 07:29:41 AM »
Yeah folks do what folks do with forums.  No worries.  If it piques folks interest they hopefully engage in the topic.  If not, press on with pride.

It was a perfect storm with the schedule of TSO doing an afternoon show.  I've had a few conflicts over the years where I have had to choose one show over another in town that both started at or around the same time.

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
Interesting question. From 1979 to 1983, there was a venue in Phoenix called Compton Terrace (before it moved to a different location later on) which was adjacent to Legend City, Arizona's "Magic Mountain", if you will.

Long story short, it wasn't uncommon for Compton to have matinee shows on Saturdays, which usually started at 2:00 p.m. and ended by 5:00 p.m. The infamous Coliseum shows across town were always at night, of course.

I hadn't attended concerts yet, but in Feb. 1982 The Police (w/ The Go-Go's opening) came to town on their Ghost In The Machine tour. Later that night, the Foreigner 4 tour (w/ newcomer Bryan Adams) played the Coliseum.

Needless to say, I'm sure many attended both shows, which resulted in complete sellouts.  :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:35:42 PM »
forgive this place radar, many more readers and lurkers here than participants and people that post and contribute  ::) tough to post topics on here that ask for peoples involvement, so much so that I can't believe NJF has even bothered to keep this place up and running for as long as he has, just sayin  C:-)

But no, that there is dedication. two different venue shows on the same day, I've done back to back days of shows but never twice in a day.

Well thanks to Queensryche delaying this album release, I guess I'm sticking it out for another year  :-\ This place already did what it was intended to do when I took it over, I never really expected to keep this place running this long to be honest. I'd like to be able to enjoy and discuss this new record and see what transpires with Scott, the touring cycle and setlist changes, and hopefully a Todd solo album before signing off. So I guess this place will stay active until at least the end of 2019. I've stated before, I'll stick around till I lose interest in paying for and maintaining this place and at this point it is a year by year decision. After all the aforementioned activity occurs over the next year, we'll see what's in store for the band thereafter and play it by ear at the end of 2019. I'd also like this place to go out on a high note before anything bad happens with the band or their boat starts sinking again.  ;D   
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)