Author Topic: Bands/Peformers you regret not seeing or want to see before they're gone  (Read 580 times)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
While we're on these topics, who are the bands or performers you regret not having ever seen live and/or would like to see before they are no longer performing.

I have seen a lot of the bands I would have wanted to see but there are still quite a few that I regret not seeing and some that are still playing that are on my bucket list. I finally got to see Armored Saint and Faster Pussycat last year  :)

I'll add to this list, but off the top of my head, bands that I've never seen that wish I had seen are.
The Who (I had recent opportunity's but I would have liked to seen them when Entwhistle was still alive)
Gary Moore: opportunity's were few and far between as far as shows in my area over the years, I should have found a way  :(
UK: the reunion tours with Bozzio and Jobson were doable, but they weren't advertised well and I didn't hear about them till after the shows.
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Bands/Peformers you regret not seeing or want to see before they're gone
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 02:01:29 PM »
I can't think of too many. Most of the ones I would say are 80's bands back in their heyday in the early years of my concert going that there just wasn't enough money to see all of them. In recent years I've stayed away from the larger shows because I don't like the seats and cluster of being in the sports arena's anymore. Otherwise I probably would have caught a recent Gun's and Roses show, Metallica show etc.
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:22:59 PM »
Regrets:

My biggest regret is not seeing the original run of Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott.

Yes on the Drama tour with Trevor Horn is another one I would have enjoyed.  Seeing the current band run that album end to end a year or so ago was amazing though.

ABBA

David Bowie

Michael Schenker Band with Cozy Powell on drums

Ultravox

INXS with Michael Hutchence (saw them in Vegas with JD Fortune, the guy who won the contest show they had, he did a good job and enjoyed the show)

Hope to/scheduled to see list:

Fish (tix in hand for 1 Nov this year as long as he doesn't can'x)

X Japan

Andy Scott's Sweet (guitarist runs his Sweet around UK and Europe, Steve Priest runs his version around US and Canada, saw Priest's version a few years ago) (tix in hand 30 Apr this year)

Rod Stewart

Angra

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:25:37 PM by radardude65 »

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 06:47:07 PM »
Definitely Alice In Chains in the early 90s. Regret it big time! I'd have to say R.E.M. as well in retrospect. >:(... :(

:'(

Two more from the 90s: Stone Temple Pilots and The Black Crowes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:50:41 PM by Operation:Queensr˙che »

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
Marillion/ with Fish ABSOLUTELY!
Bowie yes never got to see him.
Schenker with UFO

STP and Alice in chains with Layne definitely on my list.

Thin Lizzy any lineup with Phil would be high on my list.

Good ones  8)