Author Topic: Vinyl/CD/MP3/Something Else?  (Read 370 times)

radardude65

• View Profile
Vinyl/CD/MP3/Something Else?
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:21:35 PM »
What format do you prefer?

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
Re: Vinyl/CD/MP3/Something Else?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »
CD and vinyl--- the former for the overall sound and the latter for the album artwork. I definitely miss that!

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »
I know the vinyl made a resurgence, but me getting another record player did not  ;D

I'm still cd and make my own ipod rotations. multi disc cd shuffle play is always fun too. 

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 10:18:37 AM »
I miss vinyl for the artwork, gatefold sleeves and being able to read the lyrics and credits without needing the Hubble telescope.  I dont get the vinyl resurgence. I dont care how much you pay for the Bang and Olufson 200 pound concrete weighted turntable with the eagle claw needle, vinyl still pops. 

Cd rarely but mostly MP3 and Amazon Unlimited anymore.  I pitched/sold a lot of my vinyl in the mid to late 90's and a lot of my CD's (after ripping  them all to external flash drives) in 2015.  Our last move was my 16th and got tired of packing and unpacking and shelving the lather rinse repeat every 1 to 4 years. 

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:51:20 AM »
I mostly do mp3's or streaming these days. On the rare occasion I'll buy a CD, especially if it's not available digitally (like some limited edition score soundtracks from specialty sites). The CDs we still own, I rip what I want to hear into iTunes and listen to it from my phone.

I had vinyl as a kid but it just was never a convenient format for me. I moved over to tapes pretty fast and for the most part never looked back. I do really like me some old album artwork, though.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 03:11:48 PM »
Cd and mp3. I retired and got rid of the albums and cassettes years ago. Like most I do miss the album sleeves, art and gatefold style albums. whole different era.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 10:25:02 PM »
I'm an old dog and a little slow with technology. So I'm still cd and dvd all the way. I started with albums and 45's as a kid and shifted pretty quick to cassettes when they first hit popularity, along with VHS bootlegs. Then gradually shed all my records. I then shelved all my cassettes  (I still have a shit load, they are basically worthless now) and then jumped on the cd and dvd bandwagon. I don't buy as many as I used to, and I have a shit load (a few thousand cd's, at least 500 dvd's)  and the re-sale value is pitiful, so I've limited my buying in the last few years. So I'm pretty much cd and dvd collection and countless hours on you tube.   8)
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)