Author Topic: 2018 Farewell Tours  (Read 1282 times)

InnaGaddaDaVida

• View Profile
Re: 2018 Farewell Tours
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 06:56:13 PM »
That emoji does look like Eric Bloom

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »
 :D Yeah I thought so, first thing I thought of was him with those bug eye sunglasses on  ;D

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 10:59:22 PM »
I'd still like to see the Bouchard brothers do one more go round with BOC  8) That emoji even looks like Eric Bloom  :D

Yeah, I've wanted that for some time, and still kick myself for not going to that NY BB Kings show when they had them come out and play some songs a few years ago.

Al would probably be up for it (he did those Agents of Fortune anniversary shows last year) but Joe doesn't seem like he's interested.

Why the lack of interest from Joe do you think?, is there still issues between him and those two. Al's his brother and if they can seem to be cool with Al, I don't see how they'd then not be accommodating of Joe, unless he doesn't wanna be bothered with rehashing that old territory and music again.  :-\   

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »
I think Joe has taken over as the oddball Bouchard brother.  Never thought I'd live to see that but have read some interviews with him and he's just a few sandwiches short nowadays.  Might be a combo of doesn't want to rehash the past, maybe he doesnt feel right doing it now that Lanier has gone to the Great Gig In The Sky and he doesnt think the vibe will be right. 

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
I'd still like to see the Bouchard brothers do one more go round with BOC  8) That emoji even looks like Eric Bloom  :D

Yeah, I've wanted that for some time, and still kick myself for not going to that NY BB Kings show when they had them come out and play some songs a few years ago.

Al would probably be up for it (he did those Agents of Fortune anniversary shows last year) but Joe doesn't seem like he's interested.

Why the lack of interest from Joe do you think?, is there still issues between him and those two. Al's his brother and if they can seem to be cool with Al, I don't see how they'd then not be accommodating of Joe, unless he doesn't wanna be bothered with rehashing that old territory and music again.  :-\   

I don't know - might be the fact that he really doesn't play bass anymore.  After he finished his Masters in Music, he seems to have been pretty much switched to guitar.  He's also been doing his own music, as well as doing stuff with Al and Dennis Dunaway in Blue Coupe.  He really just seems to want to do his own thing now (not that he doesn't lean on the BOC stuff when playing live, even playing stuff like "Reaper" that, strictly speaking isn't really one of "his" songs).

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »
Well they're gonna have an opening because Kasim is gonna be playing dates with the reunited Utopia this spring/summer it looks like, and BOC tours non stop. Plus without Lanier, can always use another guitar  8)

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Well they're gonna have an opening because Kasim is gonna be playing dates with the reunited Utopia this spring/summer it looks like, and BOC tours non stop. Plus without Lanier, can always use another guitar  8)

Yeah, I got a ticketmaster alert the other day and saw they have a show at the tower theatre in Philly May 5th. Upon looking at that again I see they have a date at Bergen PAC also on April 20th.

BOC has west coast dates listed in April and May dates in Ca, Florida, and Michigan so I guess there will be a fill in.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/todd-rundgren-utopia-2018-tour/
May as well call this most likely revisit a farewell tour  8)
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 03:14:15 PM »

Kasim left a while ago.  Danny Miranda has been back with them since the fall I believe.

radardude65

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
Cool for Utopia, but I liked Kasim with BOC.  Anything was better than Rudy "Finger Lickin Good" Sarzo

ted262

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »
Cool for Utopia, but I liked Kasim with BOC.  Anything was better than Rudy "Finger Lickin Good" Sarzo

Kasim was good for the vocals.  Sarzo was..... a bad fit stylistically, if nothing else.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2018, 05:50:53 PM »
The Stones should just package up a solid tour itinerary and make it an official 50th Anniversary farewell before somebody drops or sustains a serious medical condition.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/rolling-stones-extend-no-filter-tour-with-new-uk-european-shows/ar-BBJCkAx?ocid=msnhomepage

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 12:34:54 AM »
Here is an article on the farewell tours of current. This lists some of those we spoke about and covers fourteen performers/bands across different genres of music.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/gallery/the-final-tour-farewells-14-great-musicians-say-goodbye-to-the-road/ss-BBMw63s?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnhomepage#image=15

Eye9

• View Profile

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 02:13:00 AM »
I would go see that one. I don't know how many US dates they'll do. I wouldn't travel for it but if they played around the philly area I'd go.  8)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
And now KISS. A few years late, in my opinion. Paul Stanleyís voice hasnít been great from some of the recent recordings Iíve heard.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-kiss-to-launch-farewell-tour-end-of-the-road-in-january/
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.