Author Topic: If Scott Doesn't Return to the Band  (Read 7589 times)

Rockox

• View Profile
Re: If Scott Doesn't Return to the Band
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 09:17:34 AM »
If Scott ends up not returning to the band and not even playing on the record, I could see the band saying that he's helping in the studio in some capacity, either with producing, writing, or just general helping with the recording process. Whether or not it would be true is a different story, but it'd be far more important to give the idea to fans that while Scott may not be in the band anymore, he's still contributing in some capacity.

I'm just throwing a bunch of different scenarios out there, because all we can really do is speculate at this point. It's interesting to watch the band's FB page, because "the band" will practically react to or "like" any comment except for when someone asks about the drummer. They clam the fuck up in those instances.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »
Certainly getting a little nervous. Somebody finally made a comment about the situation on DTF in the old new album release thread, that will give old samsara/blackbird/eol an opportune opening to say something about it. I'm surprised he has yet to say anything but he has been MIA over there.  :o

Eye9

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »
Somebody posted this on dtf
https://www.facebook.com/requiemrock/photos/a.159818904055118.28727.133780499992292/1535471093156552/?type=3&theater

So at least Scott is working on production work still. Maybe he is just staying out of sight until his leave time that he negotiated expires, whatever date that may be.

Dream Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 07:06:31 PM »
Todd's facebook page has been getting several inquiries about Scott's return also and have gone unanswered. On the band's facebook page they finally answered one that asked will Scott be returning and is he participating on the new album and the answer was "still on PL". I guess that is going to be the company line until an official announcement regarding it is made.

How can they not respond to this kind of speculation below on their facebook page?

Kevin Hillyard  The silence from the QR social channels on this topic is deafening - which means he’s gone. Otherwise they would have already come out and addressed that question, since it’s getting asked every time they post something about the new album. My guess is the policy is “radio silence” in hopes of not harming the presales for the album...

57 mins

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »
On the band's FB page today, in the comments of a pic of Casey "Where's Scott" Grillo:

Some guy: Will Scott be recording with you?
QR: We have kept answering this question, it's still the same answer - he's still on PL
Some guy:  first time i've seen answer to recording.. thats disappointing he wont' be on album.
QR: We didn't say that, but the question keeps coming up about where Scott is and he was still on PL when this photo of Casey was taken. We think Casey did a great job filling in and deserves to get some credit for it

The one comment Dream Evil posted about the band not wanting to hurt presales is interesting. Though now that they're recording the new album, I can't imagine the band can go too long now without addressing Scott's role going forward.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Operation:Queensr˙che

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:07 PM »
On the band's FB page today, in the comments of a pic of Casey "Where's Scott" Grillo:

Some guy: Will Scott be recording with you?
QR: We have kept answering this question, it's still the same answer - he's still on PL
Some guy:  first time i've seen answer to recording.. thats disappointing he wont' be on album.
QR: We didn't say that, but the question keeps coming up about where Scott is and he was still on PL when this photo of Casey was taken. We think Casey did a great job filling in and deserves to get some credit for it

The one comment Dream Evil posted about the band not wanting to hurt pre-sales is interesting. Though now that they're recording the new album, I can't imagine the band can go too long now without addressing Scott's role going forward.

Casey "Where's Scott?" Grillo----FUNNY!  :D... ;D

Setzer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
I take their answer to be either:
A) - Scott is on PL, and will not be on the album. Drums will be recorded by Casey.
B) - The band will record their parts, and wait for Scott to come back, and record his drum parts.

Their "answer" is really vague, and doesn't actually answer the question being asked.
Owner of the Queensr˙che bootleg channel.
https://youtube.com/user/QueensrycheBootlegs

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
From Kamelot's FB:

"Casey is off to new endeavors! Prior to the recent final recordings, long-time drummer Casey Grillo informed the band that he had made the difficult decision to pursue other music and touring opportunities, in addition to the desire to focus more time on his drumhead company."

https://www.facebook.com/kamelotofficial/posts/10155512312863003

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 08:22:14 PM »
Translation: Grillo is in, Rockenfield is out. Press release from Queensryche is imminent.  :(... :'(... :D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 10:51:40 PM »
Sure looks that way doesn't it, blabbermouth also posted the official announcement regarding Casey and Kamelot.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kamelot-parts-ways-with-drummer-casey-grillo-announces-replacement/

Now the questions regarding Where's Scott? and Who's drumming? are now getting even more frequent on the Queensryche facebook page. And speculation elsewhere is that Casey's leaving Kamelot is in order to join Ryche. It makes sense that the band wanted to, out of respect for Casey and Kamelot, wait until they sorted their business and made an official announcement before making any official announcement regarding the drummer situation in Queensryche. So yeah, I kind of expect an announcement regarding Casey joining Queensryche full time probably before the end of this coming weekend.

None of this shit adds up as far as I'm concerned, It's one thing that Scott stepped aside to spend time with his son and they had a fill in replacement so they could fulfill tour obligations and continue to tour and book shows, but now with recording the new album and being in the studio for a few weeks and Scott hasn't even stopped by for a cup of coffee, a hello, or a photo op with the band, and really if you think about it he hasn't been seen at all or heard from since he took leave as far as I can remember except for the Christmas card photo on Queensryche official of him and his son, which by the way didn't include a message to the fans of " be back soon, see you on tour, or can't wait to record this new album". My guess he is Done.     
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 11:30:42 PM »
If that's the case, I'll likely just try to win tickets for the Mesa show on 4/7/18. Honestly, it won't be worth paying for with only two original members. Queensryche needs three for the band's credibility to stay intact, in my opinion. What a shame! :-[

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
It makes sense that the band wanted to, out of respect for Casey and Kamelot, wait until they sorted their business and made an official announcement before making any official announcement regarding the drummer situation in Queensryche.

But why couldn't Kamelot, out of respect for QR, wait until they shorted their business? Probably because as we have seen, QR's been slow-walking their fans to an announcement and if they had it their way, they wouldn't have announced anything until their new album. Thank goodness Kamelot made an announcement or it would've been another 6 months before QR said anything.

But holy cow, QR needs to do some damage control really fast. The fans on the FB page are getting more annoyed than ever. And who can blame them. The longer this goes on, the worse it's going to get.

EDIT: Another FB post on QR's page and still nothing. Hahaha, man these guys have balls.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:22:44 PM by Rockox »

justbob

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »
When I hear of someone taking off extended periods of time, it makes me think of people that have had to take off extended time periods for short/long term disability reasons.  With that in mind, I REALLY hope that it isn't something more serious going on in regards to Scott's health (or the health of his family).  Illnesses, disease, and sickness have a shitty way of forcing early retirement and we can only hope that this isn't the case with him.

Hopefully he is just taking an extended break so that he can be with his son/family, and until otherwise told by the band or band representative, I'll go with the paternity leave explanation.

By the way, I have NO idea if there are health issues as I am speculating just as much as the next person, but it could indicate a reason for not saying much and keeping the matter private.
Quote from: NJFIREFIGHTER
That Justbob guy doesn't post too much, but he is pretty much always right  ;D

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »
Yeah, Sully had touched on that also. Absolutely, hopefully that is not the case. The Queensryche official forum and I believe also the Facebook page shared a Christmas photo of Scott and the baby. Very cute, both at least appeared at home and healthy. So hopefully all is well with everybody health wise.

But if there was something maybe along those lines, instead of going through all this scrutiny and I'm sure he is getting peppered with questions about it personally, not just the band's sites and management etc. So you would think maybe a statement along the lines of " Due to an unforeseen medical situation, Scott will be taking an undetermined period of time away from the band on hiatus, He and his family wish that everyone please respect their privacy at this time". How many times have we seen that type announcement, I know I have. From sports figures, Hollywood types, corporate people, entertainers etc. It wouldn't and shouldn't be that hard to do that from a public relations standpoint.

But again hopefully that is not the situation.     
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 09:41:33 AM »
If there is indeed any health issues concerning Scott's family, then I bet most people - myself included - that have ragged on the band with "Where's Scott? Where's Scott?" are gonna feel like big bags of shit. I really hope that's not the case.

But NJ, you've kinda got it right, man. If there were any problems, QR could make a very respectful post along the lines of what you suggested. Because as it stands now, lots of fans (from what I'm seeing on their FB page, anyway) are getting pretty hostile. Hell, the damage may have already been done with the band being silent for so long, regardless of the reason why. Fans want answers. They don't necessarily deserve them, but they want them all the same. And not getting them is making fans angry.