Author Topic: Queensryche Festival Thread (Updated 12/10)  (Read 28076 times)

Deathless

• View Profile
Queensryche Festival Thread (Updated 12/10)
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:44:23 AM »
Edit: Decided to use this thread to post all the festivals QR will be playing instead of making new ones.

Bang Your Head

Metal Days Festival
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:21:41 AM by Deathless »

Shando

• View Profile
Re: Queensryche to headline Bang Your Head Festival (July 2015)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
YES! Bring on the summer festival announcements!

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »
Their booking agent in Europe does a much better job for them.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »
VERY COOL that's a nice score for the band  :)
Champion of the Queensryche Board Wars :)

Rockox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »
Haven't heard of any of the non-headlining acts except for Hardcore Superstar, who are completely awesome. Sounds like a fun gig.
That Man/Machine Imperfection guy didn't post too much, but he was pretty much always right.

Lucretia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »
If you like thrash, you should check out Death Angel immediately. Old school, Bay Area thrash done right, and they're still putting out great records.

Deathless

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »
The thing I like about this festival is the variety. You have older bands like Accept & WASP (Who both put on a great show; and Accept's new music is great), trash, some metal, and some other hard rock too.

It's good exposure for QR, even if it's only a few fans here and there.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 02:05:08 PM »
I'm much more in favor of them jumping on all the festivals to get in front of different fan bases than for them to go out and tour with one of the newer metal bands. I hope they get on the bill with several of these festivals, especially outside the US to get a lot of exposure.

Lane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
Tygers of Pan Tang are still around?  Wow.

Deathless

• View Profile
Re: Queensryche Festival Thread (Updated 12/10)
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 11:21:58 AM »
Updated with another festival, MetalDays.

Grappler

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
I like it.  They did a European headlining tour for the "Return to History" setlist, but appearing with all sorts of metal bands on these festivals will put them in front of a huge range of fans other than their own, all metalheads. 

They can really make a statement that they're a much different band now than they were with Tate and get some pretty nice exposure.

AnybodyListening.net

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 01:58:05 PM »
I don't necessarily care about seeing the current lineup of the band any longer, but I do want them to be successful, and I am glad that they are finally scheduling gigs with the right types of acts.

NJFIREFIGHTER

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
I don't necessarily care about seeing the current lineup of the band any longer, but I do want them to be successful, and I am glad that they are finally scheduling gigs with the right types of acts.

Is that first sentence really necessary? we get it already, we got it a while ago lol. Your just asking for criticism by continually making mention of that fact. just an observation thats well within the guidelines. If me commenting on it is baiting, then so is the continual mentioning of your new found position on the current lineup. I in fact, am just trying to help minimize that tension.  8)   

And yes Great to see them landing several of these type gigs, will no doubt serve them well.

AnybodyListening.net

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »

Is that first sentence really necessary? we get it already, we got it a while ago lol. Your just asking for criticism by continually making mention of that fact. just an observation thats well within the guidelines. If me commenting on it is baiting, then so is the continual mentioning of your new found position on the current lineup. I in fact, am just trying to help minimize that tension.  8)   

And yes Great to see them landing several of these type gigs, will no doubt serve them well.

I can express my opinion regarding Queensryche. That's what this forum is for. According to the rules, that is permitted. What isn't permitted is you taking every opportunity to criticize another board member, instead of stating your own opinion on something and respecting that of others.

Simply put -- if you don't like what I have to say, ignore it. I can say what I want regarding my thoughts on Queensryche and my likes and dislikes of things related to them if done respectfully. Which I always do.

What's not permitted is criticism of each other (us, the forum members), which is what you're doing. So you might want to refrain from continually breaking this forum's rules.

Thanks.

Grappler

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »

I wouldn't call the original post flame baiting.  We're all allowed our individual opinions on the band, or any other topic.  And we are also allowed to change our opinion from time to time.  There's no need to continually respond to his posts in an inflammatory manner, which does constitute flame baiting.  This is at least the second time that you have done so.  Consider this a final warning. 

Also, I will allow AL.net's response to remain only as a direct answer to your question.  Further discussion about the forum rules will not be tolerated.